• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Charmander, the Stray Pokémon (011)

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I am glad Satoshi has no starters in Journeys for once. It feels refreshing.
The irony being that the Galar Starters turned these Anime stereotypes on their heads lol

Scorbunny's backstory contains lots of friends who loved him

Sobble was shy and far from goofy

Grookey is anything but Calm

D

Deleted member 384931

The irony being that the Galar Starters turned these Anime stereotypes on their heads lol

Scorbunny's backstory contains lots of friends who loved him

Sobble was shy and far from goofy

Grookey is anything but Calm
Haha I know right lol. Tho the Galar starters arent treated that much better tbh.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Haha I know right lol. Tho the Galar starters arent treated that much better tbh.
Just based on their personalities and the way they're marketed, If Galar had been written like DP or XY I can predict that the Galar starters would've probably been written like this:

Scorbunny would've been Ash's Ace this series
Cinderace is literally treated/hyped like Lucario and Greninja in terms of Marketing and would've hogged most screentime away from the rest of Ash's Team.

Sobble would've gone to the Female companion. It is paired up Gloria in a lot of merchandise and she has an Inteleon in Masters.
It would be... Well honestly probably nothing else would've really changed much regarding Sobble.
The way It's evolutions would be handled would've depended entirely on what Gloria's hypothetical motivation would've been

Grookey would've been the unevolved comedy relief of the show maybe forming a Rivalry with some other Galar pokemon. And being the star of multiple filler episodes. It would've either gone to the Male Companion or it would've been Ash's

D

Deleted member 384931

Just based on their personalities and the way they're marketed, If Galar had been written like DP or XY I can predict that the Galar starters would've probably been written like this:

Scorbunny would've been Ash's Ace this series
Cinderace is literally treated/hyped like Lucario and Greninja in terms of Marketing and would've hogged most screentime away from the rest of Ash's Team.

Sobble would've gone to the Female companion. It is paired up Gloria in a lot of merchandise and she has an Inteleon in Masters.
It would be... Well honestly probably nothing else would've really changed much regarding Sobble.
The way It's evolutions would be handled would've depended entirely on what Gloria's hypothetical motivation would've been

Grookey would've been the unevolved comedy relief of the show maybe forming a Rivalry with some other Galar pokemon. And being the star of multiple filler episodes. It would've either gone to the Male Companion or it would've been Ash's
Yes I know right lol! Ace screams SATOSHI. Inteleon is more of a contest / performer kind of pokemon and Grookey is like Chespin or would end up like Torterra.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
It's actually amazing how Charmander's first episode went on to inspire Cyndaquil's....

And Chimchar's....

....AND Tepig's...
Each time they copied Charmander's backstory it got progressively worse lol. Dunno why they thought it would be fun to have so many of Ash's Fire types be abused.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
A birth of an icon without the little loyal lizard there wouldn't be an Ash-Greninja, Mega Lucario, Infernape and Lycanroc