• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Chasing The Grail~ A B/W LC team

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Hey there everybody, I'm TMO. Recently I've been getting back into Little Cup. I've decided to start from scratch and decided to build a team revolving around Pawniard and Choice Scarf Mienfoo.

I've decided to build a team around Swords Dance Pawniard
624-frame1.png

Pawniard could not handle Fighting threats such as Timburr, Scraggy, etc., so I decided to add Wynaut to trap them and either Encore them when they go for Bulk Up/DD respectively or use Counter to hopefully K.O. them or weaken them so that Pawniard can K.O. with Sucker Punch and proceed to sweep.
360-frame1.png

Hazard support are needed if I want attain K.O. faster and K.O Bronzor and Hippopotas, so Dwebble was selected for having access to both Spikes and SR and for being good at it's niche: laying down hazards.
557-frame1.png

Frillish was added because it served as the team's spin-blocker, can spread Will O Wisps to cripple the opposing team, for having great bulk when equipped with an Eviolite, and most importantly, It has access to a reliable recovery move in Recover, unlike Misdreavus.
592-male-frame1.png

I wanted something that can hit hard and hit fast,, so Mienfoo was added.
619-frame1.png

I had no way to deal with Bulky waters and I wanted to trap steels, so Magnemite solves the issue.
81-frame1.png

Here's the team for those who don't like to read walls of text:
624-frame1.png

360-frame1.png

557-frame1.png

592-male-frame1.png

619-frame1.png

81-frame1.png

Dwebble (M) @ Oran Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Bug Bite/X-Scissor/Earthquake

236 Speed EVs with a Jolly Nature give Dwebble 16 Speed, allowing it to outspeed a majority of the metagame while 236 Attack EVs give it max attack power. Oran Berry replenishes Dwebble's HP and possibly reactivate Sturdy. Hazards explain themselves, Rock Blast breaks Subs, and Bug Bite is there to eat opposing Oran Berries. X-Scissor could be used in place for stronger STAB while EQ makes the Edgequake combo with Rock Blast

Frillish (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Surf
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

EVs, Eviolite, and a Bold nature maximizes Frillish's bulk. Recover reliably replenishes Frillish's HP and Will O Wisp cripples the opponent's physical sweepers and provides residual damage to walls. Surf because of more power and WoW makes Scald's burn chance redundant. Shadow Ball is there for Slowpoke.

Pawniard (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 40 Def / 36 SDef / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Iron Head

Here is the reason I decide to build this team. After an SD and some hazard support, it can OHKO/do heavy damage to the metagame. Sucker Punch for STAB priority, Brick Break to complete coverage with Sucker Punch, and Iron Head is essentially filler. It hits Fighting types hard on the switch. EVs maximize Attack and Speed.

Wynaut (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 255 SDef / 12 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Tickle
- Encore

The HP EVs, along with Eviolite and defensive EVs, will allow Wynaut to not be OHKOed without hazard support. The 12 Speed EVs allow Wynaut to outspeed minimum Speed Bronzor and Encore it. Counter and Mirror Coat are there for obvious reason and Tickle is used instead of Safeguard or Destiny Bond because it softens physical attacks and provides a defense drop which can be crucial at times.

Mienfoo (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge

When Equipped with a Choice Scarf and max Speed EVs, Mienfoo hits 24 Speed, allowing it to outspeed +1 Scraggy, +2 Modest Shellder, and Choice Scarf Snover, and other Choice Scarf pokemon that has 21 Speed. Hi Jump Kick is Mienfoo' strongest STAB. Drain Punch is for reliability, to not lose half my HP when ghosts switch in to my HJK's, and as a last resort move if Mienfoo is my last pokemon and is low on HP. U-Turn is for scouting purposes and Stone Edge is coverage.

Magnemite @ Oran Berry
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 28 HP / 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Magnet Rise

Oran Berry is selected to continue making subs and so that Sub+ LO recoil doesn't shorten Magnemite's lifespan. T-Bolt is obligatory STAB that can hit Bulky Water types hard because of Modest nature and max Sp.Atk EVs. HP Fire is for Ferroseed and Grass types in general. Magnet Rise removes Magnemites X4 weakness to ground moves and completely walls Bronzor. Substitute protects me from Status.

The only threats that come to my mind are a +2 Drilbur in Sand, Choice Scarf Machop if Wynaut is down, Timburr if it has gotten too many boosts, Chinchou, +2 Scraggy, and maybe Croagunk.

Anyways, that it. Tell me what you think. Should there be any changes? Is it just fine?

Dwebble (M) @ Oran Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Bug Bite

Frillish (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Surf
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Pawniard (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 40 Def / 36 SDef / 196 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Iron Head

Wynaut (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 255 SDef / 12 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Tickle
- Encore

Mienfoo (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge

Magnemite @ Oran Berry
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 28 HP / 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Magnet Rise

Pokemonpal7

Jungle Ninja
Ah, you beat me to posting a baby team. Oh well. First rate, anyway, let's go.

Looks almost perfect to me. You might want to slip in a Flying- or Psychic type move in somewhere though. You are fairly vulnerable to Fighting.

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Ah, you beat me to posting a baby team. Oh well. First rate, anyway, let's go.

Looks almost perfect to me. You might want to slip in a Flying- or Psychic type move in somewhere though. You are fairly vulnerable to Fighting.

Hmm, Maybe I could replace Wynaut with Abra? Though I would have lost so many opportunities for Pawniard to set up an SD.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Hey overlord been awhile anyways the only threat i see being a problem would be a sub hp fighting shadow ball ghastly because with good prediction it can defeat pawniard

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Hey overlord been awhile anyways the only threat i see being a problem would be a sub hp fighting shadow ball ghastly because with good prediction it can defeat pawniard

Well I can replace Iron Head with Night Slash to essentially break Gastly's sub and allow Frillish to finish off Gastly with its own STAB Shadow Ball since Frillish can live Gastly's Shadow Ball. Calcs are down below. So Sub-3 Attacks is a threat that I'll admit, but as long as it's not behind a sub and Frillish is at least above 85% HP, I can take care of it.

Detailed Result: 200 SpAtk Gastly Shadow Ball vs 236 HP/76 SpDef Eviolite Frillish: 60% - 84%
2 hits to KO

Detailed Result: 0 SpAtk Frillish Shadow Ball vs 36 HP/0 SpDef Gastly: 120% - 150%
100% chance to OHKO