• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cheating Devices VS Hard Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
I am against hacking pokemon. It sucks all the fun out of the game and its more rewarding to breed the old fashioned way.

It feels better to win with unhacked legitly trained pokes and it pays off in the long run.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
I don't care what anybody does with their game, as long as hackers/none hackers don't keep bashing the hackers/none hackers.

primaldialga989

lemonfudge dialga
Personally, I prefer to put in the effort of completing the national dex, instead of hacking. It just gives you a great feeling when you achieve something, instead of knowing your a cheater. I bought emerald to get the one of the three johto starters, wich turned out to be totadile, and then got the others from Gale of Darkness.

P.S. I'm 10, so putting effort into a game isn't being a lifeless nerd.

bugman03

I do have an AR but I only ever use it to get pokemon that other people have the oppotunity to get but it would be imposible for me to get otherwise (in game event pokemon) for instance I have a darkrai (I know no one legitimately has the island one but like I said I never had a chance to go to an event) but I don't have an Arceus.

Shiny pokemon lower

I would clear the game the in the Honest way. Cheating Codes would make the game to short and easy. And even worse, it can destroy your game file.

It it wasn't for the danger I would use some codes just for fun after I had done the game.

Machiki

Machiki In Teh House
I would clear the game the in the Honest way. Cheating Codes would make the game to short and easy. And even worse, it can destroy your game file.

It it wasn't for the danger I would use some codes just for fun after I had done the game.

NO it can't. The only way it can destroy your file is

-if you get really stupid with the walk through walls cheat
-you use UNRELIABLE codes from over the INTERNET
-you get really stupid with Pokesav
-few other stuff

Trust me, I have used about 20 PokeSav codes now (that I made) and there isn't a single glitch in my game. I can still go on Wifi, and nothing is muffed up.
I guess if you have an Action Replay, and you don't want to crash your game, the tip is:

MAKE YOUR OWN CODES! DON'T GET THEM OVER THE INTERNET

Because most people who post PokeSav codes are below 10 years of age, and they just wanna make codes to get their fave pokes and stuff, but then, they put wayy too much output codes (because they are young, not retarded) and crash!

Walking Contradiction

Feed Us a Fetus
I don't think that cheating is wrong, it's just that the games are not as fun with cheats. However, I don't mind if I get a hacked Pokemon from a trade or something.

I love how the general attitude shows in the thread title.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I've never used a cheat device myself, because i prefer to catch the pokemon i want the normal way.

I understand why someone would want to use a cheat device though, because some people struggle with the games and a cheat device makes it easier for them.

XWiseOneX

"Newbie"
Psh 17 pages is too much to explain the differences between shortcuts and manual labor. >_<

Come on people! You have more intelligence than this! The fact is cheating is just an advancement of days or an impossible route being accessed..and that manual work (hard work) is following the guidelines of the game and taking time on it...

Cheating is right and wrong in video games. Cheating is illegal in school/college. And cheating for money will land you in prison. lol

My position to cheating is...I understand but I don't approve it when it comes on the Internet =D

wilycoyote64

through diamond eyes
pokemon is a video game. a video game is a leasure.
either way nonofit's hard work.

If you say otherwise, you are the reason this thread is still here.

Machiki

Machiki In Teh House
Huh? What's wrong with this thread, I mean, its a pretty good thread.

Anyways, people don't have the right to bash someone for hacking UNLESS...

The hacker has gotten an unfair advantage over his opponent. Any other form of hacking is ok, I mean, who really gives a sh1t about hacking if no-one knows about it? What I've found is that MOST people that hack the wrong way are below 12 years old, and that's fine considering Pokemon is ORIGINALLY intended at children. Also what I've found is that many people abuse hacking because THEY DON'T HAVE A CHEATING DEVICE.

Pokemon Princess Sarah

Pokemon addict <3
It has long been my dream to travel far and wide to collect every Pokemon but in the end I used an Action Replay. I discovered that I don't have the money and I get too anxious to travel. I would love to go to Japan one day, though, with my partner because I heard that there is a Pokemon superstore. It's a matter of money and I don't want debts. I also can't speak Japanese.
A few years back a Pokemon Download came to Bristol where I was brought up. My best friend Rob knew about it but the swine didn't tell me so I missed it. I could have obtained Deoxys and Mew.
Yes, I would love to be one of those people that works hard to catch every Pokemon but it's only a dream at the moment. Maybe I will spend years doing it in the future when I have a more decent income.

TobiasBR

Shiny Lover
It has long been my dream to travel far and wide to collect every Pokemon but in the end I used an Action Replay.

I perfectly understand what you are talking about, in my country we don't even have pokemon stores or anything, we don't have pokemon events, not even one (if we do have they are secretely held because I never heard of one), so for us here the only way to get certain pokemon is using a cheating device, and I think that using a cheating device with that purpose is not wrong.

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
i am on both sides of the fence here. on the one hand the cheat device can be useful for getting items that are other wise 1 of a kind, such as TMs.

on the other hand i got back all my shineys from silver so that meant alot to me too.

mewfan1

I only have cheated pokemon that are (for me) impossible to get. I have a cheated Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys. I catch all of my other pokemon, I take no shortcuts.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
pokemon is a video game. a video game is a leasure.
either way nonofit's hard work.

If you say otherwise, you are the reason this thread is still here.

Right because getting a team of lv100's, catching & evolving every pokemon and beating the battle frontier is dead easy

*faceplam*

2. If you despise cheating devices but exploit glitches, then you're no different than those who use cheating devices. Exploiting glitches (cloning, berry, whatever) is considered cheating, because its something that the programmer didn't intend.

Like it or not Glitches are a part of the games, they were built into it whether the programmer intended them to be there or not. When you exploit glitches you're only taking advantage of soemthing that was aleady there and therefore a natural part of the game.

Cheating however is an actual attempt to change the game or parts of it (or its RAM as you say). Cheating devices are NOT a part of the game, they change it. Why bother buyng a game and then adjusting what you paid for? The only use I personally can see for cheating devices are those fanmae games people make using an original game for example as a base and modifying it to get awhole new one. For example using FireRed as a base to make a Johto remake.

It doesn't matter if the programmer intended for the glitches to be there, they already are, and they are a part of the game, so why not take advantage of it?

Of course people can do what they like, I'm just explaining why I don't lie to cheat and how I view the whole glitch situation.

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
If you choose hard work, you feel pride and honor.

If you cheat then your cutting a hole in your heart of true playing, and theres something you know you don't feel right of using a cheating device.

"Cheaters Never Win" (The Right Way)

Master Marc Spirt

Poké Master de 3rd
It had this next time,some days from now.I challenged someone from a next chat room on pokemon diamon wifi.They used a milotic.My Machamp maxed out EVs in attack adamant nature did not even do half the damage to the opponent's milotic.that milotic was the only hack pokemon he had.I crushed his whole team because he does not EV train pokemon and his milotic had 252 EV in every stat.i looked at its stats on wifi trade and calculated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.