• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cheating Devices VS Hard Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW
How is this thread still going on? Christ.

I still can't believe the tones of some of you in here, getting all sanctimonious over a GAME. If you don't want to play with people who don't play like you, don't. It's as simple as that. No amount of dictation or inflammatory response to that dictation is going to stop people from using AR.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
Cheating can be fun for a while but then it gets old.

It's like when the PokeRadar came out. At first, it was really awesome that we could get all these shinies but then shinies became really common and lost the appeal they had in the 2nd and 3rd generation games. And now everyone has like 500 of them.

But it's no reason to look down on people for cheating. People on this forum get so offended when someone says they cheat. No one should care how other people want to play their videogame.

Mrmagius said:
It doesn't matte if the programmer intended for the glitches to be there, they already are, and they are a part of the game, so why not take advantage of it.
Yes I agree. Since it's in the game, then everyone has access to it, so it's fair play.

-BJ-

How is this thread still going on? Christ.

I still can't believe the tones of some of you in here, getting all sanctimonious over a GAME. If you don't want to play with people who don't play like you, don't. It's as simple as that. No amount of dictation or inflammatory response to that dictation is going to stop people from using AR.

Most of the people that know better are just stating reasons why they don't like cheating. Most people aren't trying to make or tell anyone to do anything.

People on this forum get so offended when someone says they cheat.

Sometimes the cheaters get a little overdefensive too, even when nobody's talking about them.

Chagen46

Hell Crasher
]

Sometimes the cheaters get a little overdefensive too, even when nobody's talking about them.

....I have been guilty of committing that sin....

Cris~Wigglytuff~

elite wigglejiggle!?
hard work
i cannot stress that enough
i fully completed the gen 3 dex with 386 pokes with info without cheating once...EVER

the only pokes i have that arent legit are ho-oh,lugia,and celebi

all the others(milotic,jirachi,mew i did by playing(working) my febASS off.

actually the 3 illegit legends i got from a friend so i never ever cheated

to say the truth i never physically saw a action replay sept 4 the store

-embarassing-

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I choose both cheating and hard work. But I use the AR for the impossible and working for the possible.

What exactly are your definitions of "possible" and "impossible"?

Cheating can be fun for a while but then it gets old.

When you've completed all of your goals in a single instant, then of course it will get old in a short time. If you have accomplished everything, then you won't have anything left to do.

randomspot555

hard work
i cannot stress that enough
i fully completed the gen 3 dex with 386 pokes with info without cheating once...EVER

the only pokes i have that arent legit are ho-oh,lugia,and celebi

all the others(milotic,jirachi,mew i did by playing(working) my febASS off.

actually the 3 illegit legends i got from a friend so i never ever cheated

to say the truth i never physically saw a action replay sept 4 the store

-embarassing-

So it's soo bad to cheat, really bad. Except when a cheater needs to cheat to assist you in...well, cheating. So it's bad, except when it suits your purposes?

Put up or shut up. Hate cheating and don't benefit from cheating at all? I respect that. But knowingly filling your dex with hacked Pokes, and then leading an anti-cheating rant? I can't respect that. It reaks hypocrisy.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
So it's soo bad to cheat, really bad. Except when a cheater needs to cheat to assist you in...well, cheating. So it's bad, except when it suits your purposes?

Put up or shut up. Hate cheating and don't benefit from cheating at all? I respect that. But knowingly filling your dex with hacked Pokes, and then leading an anti-cheating rant? I can't respect that. It reaks hypocrisy.

I believe he/she is trying to state that a lot of hard work balances out a little bit of cheating.

I don't cheat, but I do believe that it is your game, and that you may do what you want with your game. If you choose to cheat, go ahead. I don't support it, but if someone does, then I'm fine with them cheating. However, there are a few things that do get on my nerves.

-Calling hacked Pokemon "legitimate," and then bragging that you have all of this "legitimate" stuff, when it is all hacked. I've seen only a few cases of this, but it is a necessary point to bring up.

-Hacked Pokemon in Wi-Fi. Now, I'm not talking about hacking to get a shiny, or anything, as long as the stats and abilities of the Pokemon are as they should be, then I'm fine with it. However, giving a Pokemon an ability that it does not normally have, or stats that are too high for any normal Pokemon, then I'm not fine with it. Go ahead and hack your Pokemon, as long as you don't bring modified, overpowered Pokemon into Wi-Fi.

Other than that, I do feel that someone should be able to hack if they want to. I don't hack, but a game is a game.

profpeanut

The rule is simple: If you want to get the most fun out of a game, don't cheat. Sure, some hacking can make for entertaining scenarios, but otherwise cheating just destroys the point of the game. After all, the slogan is "Gotta catch 'em all", not "Gotta hack 'em all".

Here's a simple enough scenario: Finishing a dungeon in Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time with the help of a strategy guide versus finishing the dungeon using your wits and your skills. Now, which one ends up being more fun?

Last edited:

Chagen46

Hell Crasher
the rule is simple: If you want to get the most fun out of a game, don't cheat. Sure, some hacking can make for entertaining scenarios, but otherwise cheating just destroys the point.

Here's a simple enough scenario: Finishing a dungeon in legend of zelda:eek:carina of time with the help of a strategy guide versus finishing the dungeon using your wits and your skills.

to those who say "cheating takes the fun out of the game", let me say this:

Fun is subjective.

To me, "fun" in pokemon means battling. Not, spending 3 weeks breeding for the right iv's/natures, not battling a million wild pokemon just to get pokerus, and definitely not catching pokemon in emerald and giving them move tutor moves, and then importing them. So i use ar.

Remember, "fun" is subjective. One guy may think something is ultra super-fun, while another guy thinks it's boring as hell. Hey, tons of people like fps like call of duty 4 and battlefield, but i think they are boring and difficult. People have different tastes,you cant just generalize something, like you're doing by saying ar takes the fun out of the game.

Just my 2 cents.

Actually, i basically said what machiki said but worded it a little differently.

will people f**king learn!!??

Last edited:

profpeanut

will people f**king learn!!??

*sigh* That was only my opinion. If you don't wanna work for it, fine, it's only a game. Then again, you could say the same thing to Mr. Resetti, and he still probably won't stop ranting at you.

And did you even read my post? If you hack a game just to make a Hyper Beam equivalent to a Splash, or if you give a Bidoof 999 stats for fun, then that's fine; it's your game, go bananas. If you do it to have a ready-made Lvl. 100 Pokemon to fight competitive people with, then that's not alright with me, because many other people actually put work into training their Pokemon (also, such a hacked Poke will not have the benefits of IVs.) If you do it to complete the Pokedex, your accomplishment will be near-empty, because you certainly didn't earn the status through work, and it was just a bad-intentioned cheat.

Chagen46

Hell Crasher
*sigh* That was only my opinion. If you don't wanna work for it, fine, it's only a game. Then again, you could say the same thing to Mr. Resetti, and he still probably won't stop ranting at you.

And did you even read my post? If you hack a game just to make a Hyper Beam equivalent to a Splash, or if you give a Bidoof 999 stats for fun, then that's fine; it's your game, go bananas. If you do it to have a ready-made Lvl. 100 Pokemon to fight competitive people with, then that's not alright with me, because many other people actually put work into training their Pokemon (also, such a hacked Poke will not have the benefits of IVs.)

There is a Iv modifier code.
If you do it to complete the Pokedex, your accomplishment will be near-empty, because you certainly didn't earn the status through work, and it was just a bad-intentioned cheat.

Completing the Pokedex is not fun for me.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Guys... Just shut up.

You are all WHINING like little babies.

For both sides I got 8 words.

FUN IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER

Last edited:

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
First of all, it's "Eye of the beholdER". Second, they're "whining" about how hacking is appentally the worst sin in the world. The Greeks believed that being a homosexual was better than being striaght, only because women back then were the lowest of the low. As well, the same people want everyone else to know that cheating is a sin. You know... That sounds a lot like Jehovah's Witnessess right now. Heh.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Guys... Just shut up.

Hackers and Anti-Hackers here are 8 words for you.

FUN IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLD

Anti-Hackers
-You like the pride of backbreaking work, GFY. Stop assuming EVERYONE likes it.
-Stop sterotyping ALL hackers for idiots who Hack Lv 100 Perfect IV/EV Pokemon and Wifi battle/GTS
-Let everyone else play their game the way they want.

Hackers
-Shoddy battle? Quicker+cheaper than an AR.

Machiki

Machiki In Teh House
Guys... Just shut up.

Hackers and Anti-Hackers here are 8 words for you.

FUN IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLD

Anti-Hackers
-You like the pride of backbreaking work, GFY. Stop assuming EVERYONE likes it.
-Stop sterotyping ALL hackers for idiots who Hack Lv 100 Perfect IV/EV Pokemon and Wifi battle/GTS

Hackers
-Shoddy battle? Quicker+cheaper than an AR.

Ok, first of all, we are NOT whining and arguing, only the 8 year olds who occasionally come to this thread do that. We are just having a DEBATE. Its just an argument, we aren't saying "ANYONE WHO USES CHEATS GO TO HELL." No, we are giving our opinions whether we support/don't mind the use of cheating devices or not, so before you just judge a thread READ THROUGH IT!

Second, I hear you've mentioned Shoddy. Look in my signature and you'll see my YouTube channel. Yes, I record Wifi battles. If you look back to my old videos, I recorded Shoddy Battles. And Shoddy Battles only got me 20 subscribers. And I know have over 100 subscribers. So do the maths, if you record battles, DON'T DO SHODDY BATTLES. They are boring and get really muffed up in terms of quality when you upload it on YouTube.

Ok, not talking to Special Rendation anymore. To everyone. Like some people say, it is up to the person who owns the game. One person said "Why would you want to change something you bought?" Oh my god... Yes tecnically you are changing it, but in terms of Pokemon, when you hack all you do is MAKE THE GAME EASIER. No, you don't change it, you make it easier. And that's why people are so against hacking, they think it makes it too easy and "sucks all the fun out of games." But let me ask you this. Is Breeding like 30 eggs (to get the right IVs AND Nature) and EV training fun? No, its not. Anyone who enjoys EV training is pathetic. As long as you don't go crazy with PokeSav and only use it for making teams like I do, all it does is suck the lameness out of games

Status
Not open for further replies.