• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cheating Devices VS Hard Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this thread was FINALLY dying, with nobody posting in it for a day, when you revived it.

Thanks a lot.

You know, posts like yours are the life of this thread, so you also, are responsible for it's continuation.

And I really can't see anything wrong with hacking TM's.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
You know, posts like yours are the life of this thread, so you also, are responsible for it's continuation.

And I really can't see anything wrong with hacking TM's.

Point.

There really is nothing wrong with it, it's just that people attack it since they can't get unlimited EQ TMs.

Meryl

Addicted to Hail
^ There's nothing wrong with it, in my opinion.

I'm sure in the serebii wifi chat, all those guys saying that they have every TM and are trading it for *insert item/pokemon here* definitely have hacked their items. Funny thing is, other people still trade with him, and if an anti-hacker did, he just supported the blackmarket! *gasp* How ironic!

Lol. You get the picture.

getto89

Elite Four Sami
im going to say cheating is not the way to go but the only way i can get a wonder event pokemon is through a action replay because i live in canada and a long way from any of the places i don't have the time and money to fly to NY and get a wonder ticket so stuff like that is ok

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
Why is it that we cannot silence anti-hackers and their pathetic arguments once and for all?

I'd declare something that would end the thread here, but it would be run over.

I can't believe that this thread has survived. :/

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
I have never used any cheet device, nor do I know how to use any, I do not wish to learn either!!! Games werent made to be cheated, they were made to test you and entertain you!!! They were not made to be cheated through when times got tough!!!

So to all those cheaters out there...STOP CHEATING!!!!!!

Meryl

Addicted to Hail
I'm actually having fun in this thread. Lol.

@dragon-dark-master,
So easy to say, huh?

Trillian

The hoopy frood
Meryl said:
I'm actually having fun in this thread. Lol.

@dragon-dark-master,
So easy to say, huh?

It's also just as easy to argue the other view. Depending on what you want to get out of the game, cheating or hacking may or may not seem reasonable to you. Personally if I spend £30 on a game I want to get as much as I can out of it, so I put time and effort into completing the game and don't try and take short-cuts by having infinite rare candies. I did that in my Blue game, and beating another player with a lv.100 charizard that I didn't even train isn't nearly as satisfying as beating other players with lv. 70-odd pokémon that I put time into levelling up. I could care less about the unlockable pokémon in the game, and to be honest I'm enjoying Diamond and Pearl just fine without Arceus and Shaymin. I did buy an AR a couple of years ago to unlock Lugia and Ho-Oh in FR, but ended up not using it as I didn't care about it enough to track down the exact code to activate the ticket. If you don't agree, then that's just the way you play. If you want the unlockables that badly, or want shinies, or to cut down on hatching time, or get mutliple tms, and are prepared to invest in a cheating device to get them, it's your call and there's certainly nothing stopping you. I personally don't see the point in hacking pokémon with perfect IVs, EVs and unusual movesets and that's where I'd draw the line, but if you really want to and have the facilities to do so, then it's your game. Just don't talk about it on the forums because, as you know, the policy's strictly anti-hacking.

AceSe3don

Antihack Ace trainer
Hi guys, I'm back.
Sometimes, I get sick of Arguing, so I'm gonna list some codes that are efective and not very efective i.e, LEGAL X ILLEGAL:
If you want the codes I've no problem just PM me or send me e-mail to:
trm_pmeu_ips@hotmail.com (I hope you know wht that means..)

1- name change,rival name change, multiplayer avatar and gender are in efective..
2-all other codes are effective (I think...)

Hope this helps;)

Last edited:

Roseliamelia

*petal dances*
i'll be honest, i used to pokesav my teams when i played on wifi. it was so much more convenient because ev'ing and iv'ing took up a lot of time. and the natures as well! sometimes, i just ev'd my pokemon and used rare candies to level tem up =o

baaaaaaaaaad........

FireMeowth

Enthusiast
I don't really see anything wrong with people cheating if their cheating doesn't affect others. As long as they don't try to trade away a hacked/cloned Pokémon (without letting people know it's hacked/cloned), or uses a hacked/cloned Pokémon in tournaments* (that don't allow cheating), it's fine by me. It's their decision, after all.

(* This don't just mean directly hacked/cloned Pokémon, but also hacked/cloned TMs. The cheaters could gain a huge advantage over the non-cheaters by having unlimited TMs, whereas the non-cheaters only have access to a limited number.)

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Just a shortcut

FireMeowth said:
The cheaters could gain a huge advantage over the non-cheaters by having unlimited TMs, whereas the non-cheaters only have access to a limited number.
I don't buy into the argument that this is unfair the hackers can clone TMs or items because the way I see it is it's no different to chain breeding or trading with someone else who has that TM. It's only quicker to clone that's all.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't buy into the argument that this is unfair the hackers can clone TMs or items because the way I see it is it's no different to chain breeding or trading with someone else who has that TM. It's only quicker to clone that's all.

You can also get them if you have more than one copy of the game.

Pretty much every cheat can be accomplished legitimately, therefore they are merely shortcuts to get right into the action.

~Cosmic~

The Plot Thickens
I use it. I don't use it for the 999 stat bullcrap, though. I use it for good IV's, TMs, and Berries. That's it. I hate people who say 'O IT DUZNT MAEK TEH GAEM FUN'. Obviously it does for hackers, otherwise, they wouldn't do it. You can decide what's 'fun' for yourself, but don't try to decide it for other people.

Meryl

Addicted to Hail
It's also just as easy to argue the other view. Depending on what you want to get out of the game, cheating or hacking may or may not seem reasonable to you. Personally if I spend £30 on a game I want to get as much as I can out of it, so I put time and effort into completing the game and don't try and take short-cuts by having infinite rare candies. I did that in my Blue game, and beating another player with a lv.100 charizard that I didn't even train isn't nearly as satisfying as beating other players with lv. 70-odd pokémon that I put time into levelling up. I could care less about the unlockable pokémon in the game, and to be honest I'm enjoying Diamond and Pearl just fine without Arceus and Shaymin. I did buy an AR a couple of years ago to unlock Lugia and Ho-Oh in FR, but ended up not using it as I didn't care about it enough to track down the exact code to activate the ticket. If you don't agree, then that's just the way you play. If you want the unlockables that badly, or want shinies, or to cut down on hatching time, or get mutliple tms, and are prepared to invest in a cheating device to get them, it's your call and there's certainly nothing stopping you. I personally don't see the point in hacking pokémon with perfect IVs, EVs and unusual movesets and that's where I'd draw the line, but if you really want to and have the facilities to do so, then it's your game. Just don't talk about it on the forums because, as you know, the policy's strictly anti-hacking.

This is my point of view:
- Yes, it is unreasonable to hack a game you just started playing. Not to mention it shows laziness.
- But it is OKAY to hack once you've completed the game. I say, you finished it fairly, so go knock yourself out and screw around with it a little if you want to.
- In my opinion, those rare pokemon like shaymin and darkrai are worthless to me if hacked. But that may be a different story to those who really hack.
- As for hacking items, for me, it's okay too. I don't see anything wrong with it. The only difference is effort spent.
- Same with EV training and IV breeding. Of course, there's a line drawn here. Even hackers have some sort of "ethics". Some keep their hacks within legal standards, meaning, they only put in 2 or 3 stats at 31 IVs and make the EV spread just as fair as one that is manually trained. And as I said previously, the difference then lies in effort spent.
- Now if we're talking idiots who hack their Pokemon with 31 IVs all the way with 255 EVs in everything or a Wondertomb with 999 in all stats or exploding Magikarps, THAT is a different story. Battles are not fair this way.

Personally, I don't hack, but I do ask for "legal hacks". I don't have an AR. But I do have a lot of TMs thanks to my cousin all the way in the States who has it (after I bought and finished the game there, he just hacked me all the TMs >.<).

Anti-hackers have a good argument when they talk about effort spent in breeding and EV training. I understand that one very well. I EV train and I breed. It's tedious. Sometimes I find it fun, sometimes I don't. Now those anti-hackers who give reasons like "hacked Pokemon will always win! It's unfair!" or "hacking ruins your game!" are pathetic. I have all TMs on my game and my game is not ruined. Hacked Pokemon will always win if you battled an idiot for a hacker. Otherwise, you won't even notice the difference (which is kinda sad on the ethical hacker's part because he gets blamed for making Wondertombs when he really doesn't).

Now, good hackers have a good argument as well, when they say they don't have time. Not everybody has the same schedule and just because one person can make time doesn't mean another can do it too. I make time to breed and train my Pokemon, but if I am in a hurry, I ask for legal hacks online.

Bottomline, anti-hackers shouldn't judge hackers blindly. Not all hackers are the same. There are unethical hackers and there are also ethical ones. Most anti-hackers complain about those unethical hackers and judge hackers as a whole which is a complete logical fallacy.

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
I just wish people would just play the game its meant to be played. Or hackers should just play with hackers and legits play with legits. If everyone would be honest about their hacking I definately wouldnt have a prob with it, cause i could just not battle or trade with them. But what ever.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
This is my point of view:
- Yes, it is unreasonable to hack a game you just started playing. Not to mention it shows laziness.
- But it is OKAY to hack once you've completed the game. I say, you finished it fairly, so go knock yourself out and screw around with it a little if you want to.
- In my opinion, those rare pokemon like shaymin and darkrai are worthless to me if hacked. But that may be a different story to those who really hack.
- As for hacking items, for me, it's okay too. I don't see anything wrong with it. The only difference is effort spent.
- Same with EV training and IV breeding. Of course, there's a line drawn here. Even hackers have some sort of "ethics". Some keep their hacks within legal standards, meaning, they only put in 2 or 3 stats at 31 IVs and make the EV spread just as fair as one that is manually trained. And as I said previously, the difference then lies in effort spent.
- Now if we're talking idiots who hack their Pokemon with 31 IVs all the way with 255 EVs in everything or a Wondertomb with 999 in all stats or exploding Magikarps, THAT is a different story. Battles are not fair this way.

Personally, I don't hack, but I do ask for "legal hacks". I don't have an AR. But I do have a lot of TMs thanks to my cousin all the way in the States who has it (after I bought and finished the game there, he just hacked me all the TMs >.<).

Anti-hackers have a good argument when they talk about effort spent in breeding and EV training. I understand that one very well. I EV train and I breed. It's tedious. Sometimes I find it fun, sometimes I don't. Now those anti-hackers who give reasons like "hacked Pokemon will always win! It's unfair!" or "hacking ruins your game!" are pathetic. I have all TMs on my game and my game is not ruined. Hacked Pokemon will always win if you battled an idiot for a hacker. Otherwise, you won't even notice the difference (which is kinda sad on the ethical hacker's part because he gets blamed for making Wondertombs when he really doesn't).

Now, good hackers have a good argument as well, when they say they don't have time. Not everybody has the same schedule and just because one person can make time doesn't mean another can do it too. I make time to breed and train my Pokemon, but if I am in a hurry, I ask for legal hacks online.

Bottomline, anti-hackers shouldn't judge hackers blindly. Not all hackers are the same. There are unethical hackers and there are also ethical ones. Most anti-hackers complain about those unethical hackers and judge hackers as a whole which is a complete logical fallacy.

This here is an example of a very good post.

Too bad few people will actually read it, most people just see the title, post their 2 cents, and leave.

That's why this thread has lived so long.

Nobody reads the arguments already posted.

kikkoman123

kikkoman123
using a cheating device to change your pokemons stats and level is pretty lame but alot of people will never be able to go to a pokemon event where they can get pokemon like shaymin celebi etc. Using to get items is also dumb because you can get items yourself and when its used on pokemons stats everyone knows your nothing but a stupid cheater for having 999999 attk and defense lol but anyways in some situations its ok i guess but at the same time it isnt

Status
Not open for further replies.