• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

cheating on 3ds?

grovyle1997

Hi

I thought it was not possible until I was racing in an online community on mario kart 7.
A person was just behind me and then he teleported to another place on the track (it was SNES rainbow road) and then again and I had just no chance to win.

Is there an explanation for this or is cheating now really possible?

Grovyle1999

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Most likely, that was a glitch, or a bad Wi-Fi connection. Probably the latter

No more, no less

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
If there is a glitch, its not a good one. It is most likely just a case of lag or bad wi-fi connection. Simply, its happened to me many a time before on other tracks.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Even today, hacking the 3DS has become a really extremely task to do.

So no, it was just lag issues. It's a very useful lag that doesn't make YOUR side of the game laggy, and MK7 works very nicely around it.

BTW, we DO have a thread for this.

Ausgirl

Yeah I find there's a lot of cheaters on Mario Kart 7. Like if I fall of a road, or more likely is pushed off by another player, it'll take me for ages to get back up onto the road to resume racing. Yet I see other people fall off and get back up again in the blink of an eye all the time. I've also seen red and blue shells miss players. However there are glitches.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Yeah I find there's a lot of cheaters on Mario Kart 7. Like if I fall of a road, or more likely is pushed off by another player, it'll take me for ages to get back up onto the road to resume racing. Yet I see other people fall off and get back up again in the blink of an eye all the time. I've also seen red and blue shells miss players. However there are glitches.

No, those are lag glitches too. I think its because with laggy players the game only checks the actual karts position once every second or so, and just assumes its going in a straight line otherwise, so whenever they turn a corner the game assumes they're driving off the edge a billion times and then finds out they didn't. Blue shells missing might be because of split paths, the blue shell has to guess which one a lagging player is on and guesses wrong, so it shoots past instead, or they might have legitimately dodged it. Red Shells just seem to suck when the games lagging, if you fire at a lagging opponent that's too near you, it can turn round and attack you instead.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Guys as of today, there is no cheating on Mario Kart 7 or any other 3DS game, it's just really bad lag. And with the incidents involving the Red shells, that's lag too, and I've been hit by a lagging Red shell.