• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cheating on your partner.. is it as wrong as people make it out to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Sounds like he just has problem. Anyone who hooks up with my sister I feel sorry for.

Aha, the whole thing was just hilarious because I was with like 3 friends and like in the middle of a line of people waiting to be served when he decided to come and try and attack me.

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
Aha, the whole thing was just hilarious because I was with like 3 friends and like in the middle of a line of people waiting to be served when he decided to come and try and attack me.

He is crazy, and stupid. The perfect combination for failure!

DMerle

Guess who's back
He is crazy, and stupid. The perfect combination for failure!

I know, what 20 year old tries to attack a 16 year old in like a crowded shop? If he was going to jump me you would of at least thought he would try and find somewhere deserted.

Anyways, back on topic; What would upset you more, if your partner cheated with someone of the same or opposite sex?

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
I know, what 20 year old tries to attack a 16 year old in like a crowded shop? If he was going to jump me you would of at least thought he would try and find somewhere deserted.

Anyways, back on topic; What would upset you more, if your partner cheated with someone of the same or opposite sex?

If she cheated with the opposite sex I'd be asking to join in.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
You can do anything you want with me. I'd never leave you and forgive you for anything you do no matter what. I'm afraid of being alone, and I got nothing else. I have to do this.

I love you btw.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Yeah but the things they say suggest that they are angry with me for not being like they are. They are probably good looking and can get anyone. They could never understand why I feel like I do. That's why they are angry with me because they don't understand. I actually really am a forgiving person to a point where if someone were to try to hurt me physically, I would forgive them because I cannot hold grudges against anyone.

I can love to. I love who I have, so I want to get that out there before that gets question by the internet as well. Even though I shouldn't care. If I want to take someone back, it's because I love them, end of story and I have every right to.

I understand that completely. I'm a forgiving person too, and I did forgive someone who hit me. My ex-girlfriend. I forgave her, and she just did it again. If I could go back in time, I would have drawn the line sooner and told her it would be over if she laid her hands on me again. Instead, she dumped me when I needed her most and made a horrible life event even worse.

Nobody's telling you that you don't have a right to love who you want or that you don't have a right to your opinion. A lot of people learn from the experiences of others - but some people just have to find out for themselves. I sure hope you're just talking hypotheticals and you don't end up learning these things the hard way like I did.

Last edited:

blackterminator3

WHY do people cheat when they're committed to loving that one special person they're with?

I think people cheat is because they feel so bored with their current lover. They want to be excited with their spouse again. They will do anything to get that back even it if it is to cheat to do it. Other theory is that they cheat because they are afraid to face the reality of the relationship. If they are then they should just sit down with their current lover and have a discussion on what is going wrong in their relationship. I do find cheating wrong in general.

Why do so many people think cheating is acceptable nowadays?

They think it is acceptable to cheat nowadays is all due to lack of communication problems.

As I have been cheated on before and does hurt. But after a while you start to realize that you are better off without a cheater.

DMerle

Guess who's back
@Blackterminator3

While these may be a few common reasons you can't list every reason why people cheat, each person is different and all may have different reasons, or different views on cheating.

Takeo

*pops out popcorn* Good, good, I was afraid the fire had died down. Now lets get back to when Goth. K. said she would have a threesome just to make her man happy lol

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
*pops out popcorn* Good, good, I was afraid the fire had died down. Now lets get back to when Goth. K. said she would have a threesome just to make her man happy lol

Isn't that a little cruel to be mocking her like that? Even if she did say that it's pathetic to bring it up again.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Any posts after this that are not related to the topic will receive a hefty infraction. Don't reply to this post, any questions or concerns can be sent to any debate mod's PM inbox.

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
@Blackterminator3

While these may be a few common reasons you can't list every reason why people cheat, each person is different and all may have different reasons, or different views on cheating.

That's true, but he does cover most of the aspets of why many relationships fall through in the first place. Being bored and wanting to be with different people are one some of the main ones I've seen happen many times.

It's not a bad thing per se, but communication is definitely key to keeping a healthy relationship going strong. I think it's hard for many and admit to them face to face about why you don't want to be with them anymore, since you're afraid of what their reaction may be. So going behind their back and fool around with others is the next best thing they can do until the other eventually finds out what's really going on.

It's sort of like a misleading way of breaking up.

blackterminator3

@Blackterminator3

True, very true. Each person is different and may have had reasons or views.

Rave

Banned
Cheating on your partner is pretty much in violation with today's ethical moral laws as to how a majority of people choose to live. At the same time, it's like being skimped out on an investment of your time and energy on someone to pretty much just have them screw you over and not give you back what you were hoping to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.