• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[CHECK FIRST POST] BW044 - DON Battle! (Part 4 Discussion ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
Then stop watching.
This is a rather stupid argument. People do have a right to complain about something as long as their reason is valid. Saying someone to stop watching something if they don't like it shouldn't be considered an argument at all.

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
But if they don't like it, why should they watch it? And on top of that, why complain about it?

Janovy

Banned
But if they don't like it, why should they watch it? And on top of that, why complain about it?
People must complain, there must be something you dislike about this series. There isn't such thing as flawless. What CP is doing is just pointing out the flaws of Trip as a rival (not necessarily character) which are true.

Would you like if you complained about something and then someone came and told you to stop watching it?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This is a rather stupid argument. People do have a right to complain about something as long as their reason is valid. Saying someone to stop watching something if they don't like it shouldn't be considered an argument at all.

I agree. Telling people to stop watching the anime just seems like a lazy response to the complaints that we're getting about the anime.

People can still watch something even if they see flaws in it. I personally continue to watch the anime in the hopes that things improve. And complaining about stuff releases a lot of the anger that people hold about the subject, which makes them feel better.

But anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about Trip's treatment in this tournament. I'm kind of glad that he won't be battling against Ash, but I'm also sad to see a top contender like him lose to someone who I don't think is all-that strong. I guess it's just one of those things you can't really change.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Its one thing to dislike something which is fine but to constantly hear people whine about the same thing is irritating. (Not saying its only him I mean just in general)

For me its that Tranquill haven't gotten one serious win the whole series but I didn't complain about Ash not using Tranquill for the tourney.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
You won by stealing my Palpitoad from me, so if it would have been mine you would have been screwed. or I don't need advice from such a weak trainer. anything.

This is tangential, but I though Ash caught a different toad?

Anyhoo, I really enjoyed Shooti's performance, he put up a good fight and convincing, if only all fights were this good I'd be overjoyed.

I'd have been interested to see if he had any *new* captures, but oh well.

Iris using Emonga in two rounds consecutively is quite a good call on her part, only by exposing Emonga to official/structured battles more frequently can she get over her battle-apathy.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I can't argue that these past few battles we've witnessed have all been pretty good(of coarse that's the main battles) but I can't help but think they would've been better if it were 3 on 3 or something, like at least the Hearthome battle let you use more than 3 pokemon, but I can think of a few good reason why the battles are only 1 on 1, but hopefully thet finals won't be...Hopefully

CommanderPigg

While Trip didn't show too much emotion to losing to Cilan, you have to remember that Trip isn't an expressive character to begin with. He can be condescending at times but his personality isn't boldly visible.
Again, I realize this...I know those types of characters, and I actually find them to be quite interesting when they're handled correctly (usually, they're made more interesting with the exploitation of a quirk, AKA his camera, because of the stark contrast it has with their usual in-character personality, but as you see, that's been rarely employed...I won't deny when it's used well though, Trip taking a pic of Iris's face close up was hilarious ;P).
I say it was in character for him to not show too much reaction to losing to Cilan because A) he doesn't feel strongly about Cilan to begin with and B) it's a one on one battle and his Gurdurr put up a good fight.

Basically he pretty much acted like Paul did when he lost to Cynthia. Yea he was upset but he didn't get all over-emotional or anything.

I never said that he was out of character...I just didn't find the reaction to be interesting at all. It's like...why should I care about this rivalry? What does Trip do to push Ash's buttons and make him want to train harder? Is it the fact that they're from completely different backgrounds and Ash wants to prove to him that a person from a hick town can beat a unovian city-goer? (unexplored) Does he want to show Shooti that going by the basics isn't the best way to battle sometimes? (slightly explored, but did not turn out completely in Ash's favor) Does Shooti see Ash as a threat to him between his goal of beating the Champion? What about Dento now? (both relatively unexplored) See? there's quite a bit you can do with his character, regardless of his stoic behavior. If he's just a talking rock, why should I be interested?

I won't lie, I'll do anything to see Trip baw like a baby :p But I know how completely out of character that is, so I won't be too upset if he never does this XD But even Paul showed more resentment that he lost than Shooti did...and something ELSE came out of that Cynthia battle that would carry through the rest of their rivalry (when one life meets another, something will be born?) so...at least it didn't seem like a complete waste of time.

Then stop watching.
rofl, no thanks, I still need my Cilan fix every week ;P

You won by stealing my Palpitoad from me, so if it would have been mine you would have been screwed. or I don't need advice from such a weak trainer. anything.
That's actually a pretty nice idea. But...it didn't happen, now did it? Such a shame too...

Yes but this was a tournament. Also it was Gurdurr who lost, after losing to Ash's Oshawott as a Timburr. He's probably what he's doing wrong as Gurdurr's trainer. This could lead to his "depression" like Cheren and encounter Alder right after Nimbasa City.
I don't know about "depression" but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a conkledurr the next time we see him :p Again, this isn't known since we don't see his character often nor do we really get an insight on his training methods...also a shame.

Just to clear things up, I'm not trying to instigate arguments for the sake of pissing anyone off, and if you think that's my intention I truly aplologize. Like others have alluded, this is mainly a coping mechanism to channel my frustration at a character that I really wanted to like and believe in :S

EDIT: if anyone is able to go against my arguments with...let's say, correction/clarifications on my interpretations of Cilan and Trip's dialogue...please feel free to do so *hint hint* *shot*

Last edited:

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
anybody think Ash's snivy might activate Overgrow?

It is certainly a possibility.

Either that, or her Dream World ability could explain her DEM'esque victory in the episode airing two weeks from now.

She is quite the accomplished battler and the finale to her battle vs Komatana is sure to be one thing........FABULOUS~~~<3

JD

anybody think Ash's snivy might activate Overgrow?

It doesn't it didn't show Snivy activating Overgrow in the scan we got but then again it didn't show Pawniard with the rock stuck on its head but anyway I don't think she'll activate overgrow.

magicallypuzzled

i found rock tomb to be rather random and come from no where still it's rather consistant with how cilan has always been portrayed so it doesn't bother me too much.

also let me just say bell with her constant zorua this zorua that is really reall really annoying me thank you for losing early please get lost as soon as possable.

pokefandt

Again, I realize this...I know those types of characters, and I actually find them to be quite interesting when they're handled correctly (usually, they're made more interesting with the exploitation of a quirk, AKA his camera, because of the stark contrast it has with their usual in-character personality, but as you see, that's been rarely employed...I won't deny when it's used well though, Trip taking a pic of Iris's face close up was hilarious ;P).

I never said that he was out of character...I just didn't find the reaction to be interesting at all. It's like...why should I care about this rivalry? What does Trip do to push Ash's buttons and make him want to train harder? Is it the fact that they're from completely different backgrounds and Ash wants to prove to him that a person from a hick town can beat a unovian city-goer? (unexplored) Does he want to show Shooti that going by the basics isn't the best way to battle sometimes? (slightly explored, but did not turn out completely in Ash's favor) Does Shooti see Ash as a threat to him between his goal of beating the Champion? What about Dento now? (both relatively unexplored) See? there's quite a bit you can do with his character, regardless of his stoic behavior. If he's just a talking rock, why should I be interested?

I won't lie, I'll do anything to see Trip baw like a baby :p But I know how completely out of character that is, so I won't be too upset if he never does this XD But even Paul showed more resentment that he lost than Shooti did...and something ELSE came out of that Cynthia battle that would carry through the rest of their rivalry (when one life meets another, something will be born?) so...at least it didn't seem like a complete waste of time.

rofl, no thanks, I still need my Cilan fix every week ;P

That's actually a pretty nice idea. But...it didn't happen, now did it? Such a shame too...

I don't know about "depression" but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a conkledurr the next time we see him :p Again, this isn't known since we don't see his character often nor do we really get an insight on his training methods...also a shame.

Just to clear things up, I'm not trying to instigate arguments for the sake of pissing anyone off, and if you think that's my intention I truly aplologize. Like others have alluded, this is mainly a coping mechanism to channel my frustration at a character that I really wanted to like and believe in :S

EDIT: if anyone is able to go against my arguments with...let's say, correction/clarifications on my interpretations of Cilan and Trip's dialogue...please feel free to do so *hint hint* *shot*

Thing is, you may not get any answers to these questions. if you do it may really be in a cheap way.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this hard about the characters in pokemon LOL.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
That's fine.
What I like about this rivalry is that Ash and Trip are basically equal.
(Gah here comes comparing)
Gary had this nack for getting ahead every time despite both of them being rookies at the time.
Paul was basically treated as superior to Ash which got annoying after a while.

Now I'd be nice if Ash got further than Trip for a while and losing to Ash again would be his drive to get stronger. Basically them tying a lot or there being no constant winner.

First Battle: Trip won.
Second Battle: Trip won.
Third Battle: They tied.

I'm hoping for Ash to win the next two battles, which contributes to the whole Alder/Trip thing.

So while we may not see Trip bawling like a baby, we might see him depressed or confused on how he's going to reach his goal. Just give it time.

Gary had a complete change in goal, and Paul's first show of frustration was in episode 128 of DP. When he lost to Brandon. So with Trip we might get something like that around episodes 50-60.

magicallypuzzled

did emolga just learn a new move or am i mistaken? either way the way they are tottally ignoring the way iris has been portrayed early season is ticking me off.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
Iris vs ash

Excadrill vs pikachu (Pikachu recalled straight away)
Excadrill vs palpitoad (Palpitoad use supersonic Excadrill use dig palpitoad use hydro pump down the hole, But excadrill jumps out and dodge's Excadrill use focus blast palpitoad counters with muddy water, battle field is empty Excadrill used dig to dodge (again) Excadrill use's focus blast again and palpitoad use hydro pump but excadrill focus blast over powers palpitoad. palpitoad is knocked out and excadrill is recalled)
Emolga vs snivy (They staire each other down then emolga use's volt switch)
Excadrill vs snivy (snivy use's atract then KOs excadrill with leaf blade)
Emolga vs snivy ( emolga trys another volt switch but snivy stops her with vine whip then emolga use's discharge then hidden power snivy slice it with leaf blade then snivy use leaf storm emolga use's discharge the storm goes crazy and emolga gets pulled in snivy then use's a vine whip to pull her out of it then the storm cuts out and emolga has been knocked out snivy recalled)
Axew vs Pikachu ( Ash commands a weak thunderbolt But axew dodges then goes to use scratch but to everyones surprise axew use's some power and it does damage then pikachu use's another stronger thunderbolt and axew counters with dragon rage it and the thunderbolt hit each other and both are as strong as each other then axew use a different dragon move (outrage or dragon pulse) pikachu use's iron tail to dodge the attack then use's electro ball which heads towards axew which hit him but AXEW STILL STANDS then runs up towards pikachu and use's scratch again it hurts pikachu but Axew gets paralyzed by pikachu static (if it still has that abillty) axew is in alot of pain (if only mold breaker works with static) but poor little axew is still abel to pull off another dragon rage but this time axew bites down and dragon sneeze returns and both pikachu and axew are Knocked out the round is a tie but ash still has snivy so he wins)

That took me two hour because I was always changing it

so any way read and enjoy ( I'd better get a award for this)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.