• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[CHECK FIRST POST] BW044 - DON Battle! (Part 4 Discussion ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

pokefandt

Cilan is getting much farther into the tournament than I thought he would. Remember when people were certain Trip would knock him out?

So just to be clear, whom is fighting whom in what rounds? I've gotten a little confused.

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
Round 2:Ash vs Langley, Cilan vs Luke, Iris vs Kenyan, CotD vs CotD
Round 3:Ash vs CotD, Luke vs Iris
Finals:Ash vs Iris

Waterpokes

Cilan is getting much farther into the tournament than I thought he would. Remember when people were certain Trip would knock him out?

So just to be clear, whom is fighting whom in what rounds? I've gotten a little confused.

Luke VS Cilan
Iris VS Kenyan
Ash VS Langley
Lance-wannabe VS unimportant red-shirt back-ground character

And then in the next round, it's:

Luke VS Iris
Ash VS Lance-wannabe

And in the final, it's:

Ash VS Iris

And then... I got nothing.

pokefandt

Oh okay thanks guys.

Only question left is who will win it all? Ash or Iris? It can really go either way, though personally I'm leaning towards Ash. Either way it should be one to remember.

gliscor&yanmega

The day Cilan loses is the day when Stunfisk fly *Watches preview*...damn. Seriously, that looks like it'll be a funny battle...it has Stunfisk in it so I guess it's pretty much a for sure thing. But it also has Larvesta in it so it's pretty much a for sure thing to be an awesome battle too. Oh man, awesome and funny...forget everything else I want this battle and I'll be happy with a blank screen for the rest of the episode.

With Iris using Emolga twice, I guess that means you can use the same Pokemon again and again, so I wonder if Luke is using Golett or Zorua in Iris' battle.

The next episode looks great, too bad it's another two weeks of waiting for it, but it should be worth it just like the recent episode.

robinhood

Iris vs ash

Excadrill vs pikachu (Pikachu recalled straight away)
Excadrill vs palpitoad (Palpitoad use supersonic Excadrill use dig palpitoad use hydro pump down the hole, But excadrill jumps out and dodge's Excadrill use focus blast palpitoad counters with muddy water, battle field is empty Excadrill used dig to dodge (again) Excadrill use's focus blast again and palpitoad use hydro pump but excadrill focus blast over powers palpitoad. palpitoad is knocked out and excadrill is recalled)
Emolga vs snivy (They staire each other down then emolga use's volt switch)
Excadrill vs snivy (snivy use's atract then KOs excadrill with leaf blade)
Emolga vs snivy ( emolga trys another volt switch but snivy stops her with vine whip then emolga use's discharge then hidden power snivy slice it with leaf blade then snivy use leaf storm emolga use's discharge the storm goes crazy and emolga gets pulled in snivy then use's a vine whip to pull her out of it then the storm cuts out and emolga has been knocked out snivy recalled)
Axew vs Pikachu ( Ash commands a weak thunderbolt But axew dodges then goes to use scratch but to everyones surprise axew use's some power and it does damage then pikachu use's another stronger thunderbolt and axew counters with dragon rage it and the thunderbolt hit each other and both are as strong as each other then axew use a different dragon move (outrage or dragon pulse) pikachu use's iron tail to dodge the attack then use's electro ball which heads towards axew which hit him but AXEW STILL STANDS then runs up towards pikachu and use's scratch again it hurts pikachu but Axew gets paralyzed by pikachu static (if it still has that abillty) axew is in alot of pain (if only mold breaker works with static) but poor little axew is still abel to pull off another dragon rage but this time axew bites down and dragon sneeze returns and both pikachu and axew are Knocked out the round is a tie but ash still has snivy so he wins)

That took me two hour because I was always changing it

so any way read and enjoy ( I'd better get a award for this)

I like this. I think if this happens with axew it may lead up to its evolution soon. Looks like scraggy needs a new training partner (hopefully it gets development soon too).

Grei

not the color
That means - Luke can use Golett twice, which means it's not Zorua.

... no? That just means that Golett could be used twice. Luke can very easily still be using Zorua, disguised as Golett. Stop jumping to conclusions. :S

I enjoy that Stunfisk can fly. I wonder if it actually is capable of flying/gliding or if it's waving its little arms around because it has been shot into the air.

pokefandt

Stunfisk flying did make me laugh out loud. Too bad its debut battle with Cilan will end up in a loss. But I'm sure it will put up one heck of a fight.

JD

... no? That just means that Golett could be used twice. Luke can very easily still be using Zorua, disguised as Golett. Stop jumping to conclusions. :S

I enjoy that Stunfisk can fly. I wonder if it actually is capable of flying/gliding or if it's waving its little arms around because it has been shot into the air.

At first I thought it was using Bounce but Stunfisk already knows four moves so it isn't very likely that it's using the move... but I think your right he's probably just waving his flippers because he was shot into the air. I'm interested in seeing Emolga's battle with Sawk hopefully she doesn't win by using Attract.

Buechs44

Aipom Master
I know a lot of people don't like that Iris is in the finals against Ash, but I have my reasons to like it.

Maybe Iris has done some off-screen training, resulting in Axew growing even more. Also, she isn't using Excadrill in the early rounds, showing that her two problem Pokemon have begin to grow and get much stronger.

To me, the Don Battle is awesome in the fact that it is Iris's crowning moment, whether she wins or not, she has shown that she can battle and will likely be taken much more serious from now on.

Graham Aker

Why do I have a feeling if Iris wins it'll be the Wallace Cup backlash all over again? Sure hope not, Iris doesn't deserve such a hate wave like that. The battles were okay, nothing that really impressed me to much. I love Bianca and Langley but the whole Zorua clone thing is really getting old...then again the whole Zorua changing into numerous characters is getting old for me as well. It's okay to do it but not to much! It's like the Gible draco meteor thing. It was funny at first but the more they do it the more I get tired of it. While I do want Iris to win so she has a major achievement I doubt it.

I think the difference here is that, Iris entered the tournament with a disobedient ( not anymore somehow) Pokemon, a still fairly weak Axew, and really only one reliable Pokemon. However, she somehow makes it to the finals with said team along with Ash. Emonga suddenly obeys her now, and Axew can now beat somewhat regular opponents when it's been protrayed as weak for a large portion of the series. She has been sitting on the sidelines for a large portion of the series so far, so it seems kinda forced. When you have other trainers that have seemingly trained more than her in regaards to their entire team.

This tournament just seems like it was the Ash, and Iris show for the most part, to get them to finally battle for the first time. I would have thought, and preferred their battle to be postponed a while longer.

Last edited:

robinhood

I wonder if Ash will use new pokemon. It is kind of unfair,but I really want to see his other pokemon in action (namely tranquill, roggenrola and scraggy). Although he didnt have to be, Ash has been at that disadvantage before (full battle with Paul), so nothing is stopping the writers from putting Iris in the position.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
This tournament just seems like it was the Ash, and Iris show for the most part, to get them to finally battle for the first time. I would have thought, and preferred their battle to be postponed a while longer.

I bet you wouldn't be saying that if it was Ash VS. Trip with Ash winning.

There is no guarantee that Iris will step into Drayden's place in Opelucid City, in fact, this battle might only be serving to set up Ash's Gym match with Drayden in the end given Iris's history with him. But since this series has had a history of portraying the female sidekicks as weak and useless without Ash helping them, people get scared and scream Mary Sue when that pattern is broken. Some people have even suggested that it's okay if Ash is a Gary Stu because he's a "typical Shounen protagonist," revealing the blatant sexism behind all of this. It's simply because people are afraid that Iris might actually be the first female sidekick to be stronger than Ash without his help.

Last edited:

thunderblade12

So since Emolga's being used twice and Axew gets a major battle against Luke, I'm gonna guess that the final battle will be Excadrill vs something. Snivy could have a chance since we know Excadrill's male, and Palpitoad could hit it hard with double type advantage (Water>Ground, Ground>Steel)

Dax

Legend
When you have other trainers that have seemingly trained more than her in regaards to their entire team.

Are you referring to Ash? Because the only pokemon we've seen him train are Oshawott, Tepig and Scraggy and he's not using any of those in this tournament. That's not his entire team. We've never seen Cilan train either. Only Iris and Ash.

I bet you wouldn't be saying that if it was Ash VS. Trip with Ash winning.

There is no guarantee that Iris will step into Drayden's place in Opelucid City, in fact, this battle might only be serving to set up Ash's Gym match with Drayden in the end given Iris's history with him. But since this series has had a history of portraying the female sidekicks as weak and useless without Ash helping them, people get scared and scream Mary Sue when that pattern is broken. Some people have even suggested that it's okay if Ash is a Gary Stu because he's a "typical Shounen protagonist," revealing the blatant sexism behind all of this. It's simply because people are afraid that Iris might actually be the first female sidekick to be stronger than Ash without his help.

THANK YOU!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If Excadrill and Palpitoad fight then the sunglasses croc needs to show up briefly and get blasted off by both, just so we can go ahead and see Clay's team at once ^_^.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Snivy looks like she's being pushed to her limits in this fight, this could lead up to her evolving after the Don battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.