• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[CHECK FIRST POST] BW044 - DON Battle! (Part 4 Discussion ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I was one of multiple people pointing that out. I still think it'll be the next team member to evolve because of that lunchbox. So while it's clear Axew won't evolve in the tournament, I think it will in ten to fifteen episodes.
You know it would be strange if something evolved before Axew after the lunch box predicted two of Ash's pokemon evolving...kinda would make that item a bit useless, still I don't believe Axew is ready, even though this tournament is making all of Iris's problems disappear...not only is Emolga finishing battles out of no where, Axew is defeating battle worthy/ready pokemon even though the little guy still isn't experienced enough

gohan5

Irisboy
If Palpitoad evolved it could set up a possible subplot with Oshawott being jealous of Seismitoad's power...

OT: I don't want Iris to win the whole tournament unless Axew evolves. Otherwise Excadrill is carrying her whole team and it seems lame.

How can Excadrill be carrying Iris's entire team? Iris has yet to use Excadrill in the tournament. Excadrill isn't running thru the competition like most people thought. Iris is using this tournament to help build her relationship with Emolga and give Axew battle experience.

kickachu

Momentai!
I just had a thought if Iris beats Ash it would make a better improvment when they battle again or at the gym.

Dax

Legend
OT: I don't want Iris to win the whole tournament unless Axew evolves. Otherwise Excadrill is carrying her whole team and it seems lame.

You do know she hasn't used Excadrill yet, right? If anything Emolga is carrying her team she's used her in Round 1 and 2.

Remmie

How can Excadrill be carrying Iris's entire team? Iris has yet to use Excadrill in the tournament. Excadrill isn't running thru the competition like most people thought. Iris is using this tournament to help build her relationship with Emolga and give Axew battle experience.

Yup, and it's seems like it will pay off in the next episode! Emolga didn't have a problem in the first round, she will shine in the second. :D

thunderblade12

Sawk looks like its gonna beat Emolga pretty bad before it finally falls though. It looks very agile, it stops Attract, and it seems to be using Bulk Up

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
So in other words seeing Iris breeze through the tournament is a good thing? Its pretty bad writing.

Someone not doing something you like = bad righting? Seems about right.

Anyway, Sawk does not look like it is anyway weak in the next round. The only way it looks like it could lose, if Attract actually takes affect since it's male, well, all Sawk are male. Though it will lose, we just don't know how.

And since Iris is using Axew in episode 43/44 against Golett/Zorua, she could put up a fight. Axew is getting better, but it still isn't that strong, it'll probably put a good battle in order to win. Zorua and Golett both have good moves.

Shadow Ball and Shadow Punch for Golett and Shadow Ball and Night Daze for Zorua. Either way, Axew could beat Golett/Zorua with a good fight.

Joltik-Kid

So in other words seeing Iris breeze through the tournament is a good thing? Its pretty bad writing.
It's as if Iris's problems with Emolga disappeared in a poof a smoke, no character development, no interactions, not even training...nothing showing how Emolga finally found the will(desire) to battle, but whatever, I hope Ash put's her in her place

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
Emolga probably only had a problem with training battles, and only cares about official battles.

Remmie

For you it is! Can you stop telling this please, each time it's about Iris who's doing good you are against it. You don't give her a chance. This is getting annoying. I'm asking you nicely to give her a break, please. * with all of the respect I'm capable of*

Joltik-Kid

Emolga probably only had a problem with training battles, and only cares about official battles.
Wasn't Iris vs Bianca an offical trainer battle? Not that it matters, but it debut battle episode even proved it hated to defend itself since it wanted Oshawott, Axew and Snivy to take out Simisear, that was until Snivy forced it to battle. In general Emolga hates/d anything to do with work, which was proven in the Archen episode

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
For you it is! Can you stop telling this please, each time it's about Iris who's doing good you are against it. You don't give her a chance.

Iris was handled better in the first 30 or so BW episodes when she seemed like a beginner struggling with Axew and Excadrill.

Since then they've started turning her into sue-mode having her become this expert battler in the blink of an eye. Why was she shown so incompetent at the first 30 BW eps and now all of a sudden she's a great battler?

There was no growth.

Remmie

Iris was handled better in the first 30 or so BW episodes when she seemed like a beginner struggling with Axew and Excadrill.

Since then they've started turning her into sue-mode having her become this expert battler in the blink of an eye. Why was she shown so incompetent at the first 30 BW eps and now all of a sudden she's a great battler?

There was no growth.

Well at leash it's different from the previous female main characters. A little change in a while isn't a bad thing, which is why the writers did that with Iris.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well at leash it's different from the previous female main characters. A little change in a while isn't a bad thing, which is why the writers did that with Iris.

A little change in the span of what, 10 episodes, most of it happening out of thin air?

The growth of previous female protagonists was shown on-screen, which is why it was believeable they were getting stronger.

Remmie

So far May was the most rookie of all the female characters, she didn't even know how to pronounce her pokemon's attacks. Misty and Iris were already trainers and Dawn knew her pokemon attacks when she was seeing them battling.

CommanderPigg

I'm willing to let Emonga's instant-obedience slide this time...because I'm pretty sure no one would want to lose to a dude in a watchog suit -_-;

Not sure about the next battles though, I'll withhold my judgements for those to keep my blood pressure down.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So far May was the most rookie of all the female characters, she didn't even know how to pronounce her pokemon's attacks. Misty and Iris were already trainers and Dawn knew her pokemon attacks when she was seeing them battling.

What does that have to do with anything? May and Dawn were shown on-screen battling, losing, and gradually getting stronger.

Misty also started off pretty lackluster as a trainer, and got better at battling as we got into Johto.

Why is Iris getting so good? Excadrill obeys her after one episode, Emonga suddenly does what she wants...

Remmie

What does that have to do with anything? May and Dawn were shown on-screen battling, losing, and gradually getting stronger.

Misty also started off pretty lackluster as a trainer, and got better at battling as we got into Johto.

Why is Iris getting so good? Excadrill obeys her after one episode, Emonga suddenly does what she wants...

Well Excadrill was with her way before she met Ash and Emolga does battle sometimes even thought she's lazy she knows when it's time to go serious. Well, maybe...

Yeah, to be quite honest, they are seemingly solving Iris's Pokemon's problems entirely too quickly. Iris Excadrill obeys her after in one episode of major development, Emonga is now magically obeying her, and Axew is now able to take out tournament used Pokemon. I understand they wan her to fight Ash, and at this point probably win...but it feels kinda, I dunno forced? I think they need to slow it down a bit, even if she's suppose to be the 8th gym leader later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.