• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[CHECK FIRST POST] BW044 - DON Battle! (Part 4 Discussion ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

terminoob

The Underdog
Part of me is getting the feeling that Luke's gonna come from behind and win it all (or maybe it's just the part of me that wants to see someone finally beat Trip). It just seems odd that the writers would introduce some random character in the previous episode and also have him participate in this thing (unless it's due to the fact that he evens it out so no one gets a bye in round one... in which case they could've make Luke a CotD just used Cheren, Hilda or Hilbert here instead). Calling it: Maybe he really is N and initially gets mad at Ash when he sees how he never lets Tranquil do anything and he's about to go off on him until Swadloon evolves which makes N realize that Ash can't be all bad if he a Pokemon that evolves through happiness evolved under Ash's care. Or maybe if he's N he'll "liberate" his Pokemon after the tournament is done, which would include Zorua, prompting Ash to ask Zorua to join him in a Chimchar-esque scenario.

But yeah. Don't get why Luke's participating if he isn't going to either win or if he isn't be important down the road (I get that he could be important since we know nothing of his character other than he makes movies, but still... based on that, he doesn't sound like he'll end up being important, at least in my opinion), since the writers have three game characters they could've showed off now. Barring that, this sounds like a pretty sick tournament. If nothing of importance happens here, then... well... blah. At least the battles would've been interesting... hopefully.

Janovy

Banned
OMFG.

Luke = N
Zorua = N's Zorua (since he does own one, in fact)

Uh, I know. <_<

BM14murph

Master Collector
OMFG.

Luke = N
Zorua = N's Zorua (since he does own one, in fact)

Uh, I know. <_<

.....maybe

We know from an interview with Masuda i think? that N has a proper name and it doesn't necessarily have to begin with N so it could be Luke

Unlikely but good idea

Janovy

Banned
Well perhaps Luke is just a mask of N, under different persona he observes the trainer and their Pokemon. And then he leads them into the tournament where he witnesses how more and more people are forcing Pokémon into battles.

Uh, I'll just stop with my crazy theories. v.v

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Calling it: Maybe he really is N and initially gets mad at Ash when he sees how he never lets Tranquil do anything and he's about to go off on him until Swadloon evolves which makes N realize that Ash can't be all bad if he a Pokemon that evolves through happiness evolved under Ash's care. Or maybe if he's N he'll "liberate" his Pokemon after the tournament is done, which would include Zorua, prompting Ash to ask Zorua to join him in a Chimchar-esque scenario.

Groan. You don't know how amazing that sounds, both the part about N and the part about Zorua. I just wish that the writers browsed these forums, so that they could get ideas for future episodes. I think most people were just joking around when they talked about Luke being N in disguise. I joined in as well since it sounded interesting, but I honestly don't see it happening. N did own a Zorua in the past, but it should've evolved by now anyway. I think Luke is just going to be a random guy who will compete against Ash in this competition.

thunderblade12

I... hope this is a three parter. One episode just doesn't sound like enough.

This sounds epic. The most epic thing in this shows 700 episode series run. Many trainers from their journey reappear? That can't just mean Bianca. Amy, Cabernet, Langley, and Kenya are all possible. This could get Bianca to tag along with Ash and co. for a while and go through her Nimbasa storyline

The Tag Battle Tournament was a huge turning point in Ash and Paul's rivalry, I wonder if this will be in Ash and Trip's rivalry

Someone on Ash's side will evolve here, no doubt.
Maybe triple battle introduction?

So much to speculate here.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ugh...I'd want Luke to be N too...=/ but I just really cant see it happening T_T I REALLY want N to appear sometime soon though...

Don't lose hope. He'll appear when the time is right.

For now, we just gotta get through this tournament. I bet that it'll be important for character development, so it's definitely worth watching. Once all this is done, we can focus on some of the important issues, like Elesa and N's possible appearance at the Ferris wheel. I am wondering if this mini-arc will last too long. I want substance, but I also don't want it to take too long because Elesa beckons!

firepokemontrainer

I just don't see Cheren appearing. His main role has been taken up by Trip (wanting to beat Alder to become the new Champion). As for the others, I like the fact that some characters might be appearing, but I think the best ones who have a chance are Cabernet (who has a rivalry with Cilan), Bianca (last time we saw her, she was going for the Insect Badge), and and possibly Amy (who is now travelling).

FlyAsADunsparce

A tournament? Awesome!

I think Bianca, Cabernet and Langley (maybe Amy) are the ones competing.

It should be 3 vs. 3
This could be some nice match-ups:
Ash vs. Trip (Ash using Roggenrola, Palpitoad and Swadloon. Trip using Timburr, Vanillite and Frillish)
Cilan vs. Cabernet (Cilan using Stunfisk, Dwebble and Pansage. Cabernet using Dewott, Sawsbuck and Darumaka)
Iris vs. Langley (Iris using Axew, Excadrill and Emolga. Langley using Beartic, Cubchoo and Cryogonal)
Bianca vs. Amy (Bianca using Pignite, Minccino and Munna. Amy using Druddigon and some others)
Luke guy vs. someone(Maybe the Blitzle dude) (All I know Luke is using Zorua. Maybe Klink or Joltik and the Blitzle dude using Blitzle obviously, Patrat and Venipede)

Eventually either Ash or Trip will win the tournament I guess

Meganium

Hoping this won't be too much of a rehash of the last battle tournament with Paul, Dawn and Brock. Hopefully we'll see one or two evolutions and some compelling character growth.

Graham Aker

Is this a 1 on 1 tournament? Because, the only really usable Pokemon Iris has right now is Excadrill. That might be all she needs to get decently far, but she doesn't really have many options.

I'm also guessing this episode is going to air on the 7.7.11 since the previous movie will air the following Thursday, with the movie on Saturday.

Meganium

Is this a 1 on 1 tournament? Because, the only really usable Pokemon Iris has right now is Excadrill. That might be all she needs to get decently far, but she doesn't really have many options.

I'm also guessing this episode is going to air on the 7.7.11 since the previous movie will air the following Thursday, with the movie on Saturday.

I would argue that Emolga is a usable pokemon as much as some of Ash's or Cilian's. Even Axew might get a shot in the tournament since Iris is trying to evolve it.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I wonder what the prize will be in this tournament..

I'd love it to be a Muscle Wing or another Attack-boosting item, which Ash could then use on Scraggy. But in reality I bet it will be something useless..

Do we know if the movies air before or after this episode/arc of episodes?

Although it will be set after the movie, it will be shown before the movie due to the skipped episodes.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm seriously thinking that kibago might evolve here lol I just have a feeling.

thunderblade12

Ash, Iris, Cilan, Trip, Bianca, Cabernet, Langley, Kenya, Luke

Triple battle!

BW041:
Ash vs Bianca - Pikachu, Snivy, and Oshawott vs Mincinno, Munna, and Petilil
Iris vs CotD - Axew, Emolga, Excadrill vs Herdier, Drilbur, Gothitelle
Cilan vs CotD - Skipped
Trip vs CotD - Servine, Vanillite, Scolipede vs Darmanitan, Litwick, Pignite

BW042:
Ash vs Kenya - Tepig, Tranquill, Swadloon vs Blitzle, Ducklett, Simisear
Iris vs Langley - Axew, Emolga, Excadrill vs Beartic, Fraxture, Simipour
Cilan vs Cabernet - Pansage, Dwebble, Stunfisk vs Sawsbuck,Elgyem, Simisage
-Tournament progresses through screenshots-
Trip vs Langley - Timburr, Servine, Unfezant vs Beartic, Fraxture, Simipour(end of battle only)

BW043:
Ash vs Luke - Roggenrola, Palpitoad, Scraggy vs Zorua, Zorua, Zorua->Zoroark
Cilan vs Trip - Pansage, Dwebble, Stunfisk vs Lampent, Frillish, Scolipede
Ash vs Trip - Tranquill, Scraggy, Swadloon->Leavanny vs Unfezant, Timburr, Lampent(Trip)

Status
Not open for further replies.