• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[CHECK FIRST POST] BW044 - DON Battle! (Part 4 Discussion ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Seriously, why does that guy have to wear a Watchog suit?

And yes, that is a new trainer. This looks cool.

Last edited:

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
What? A Zoroark movie rerun on 7/14 instead of a new episode?

What a perfect waste of time!
How long have you been in this fandom again? ;P The Thursday before the new movie premieres, the previous movie will be broadcast instead of a new episode. It's the same procedure as every year, James.

The summaries say nothing new, unfortunately. Nice picture though :D

playerking

Seriously, though, has anyone considered that it might not be Ash's or Luke's? It could belong to Luke's parents

Uhhhh...

Or as I said before, it could belong to Luke's parents as they could own that theatre. I don't think Luke could own, buy, or let alone build a theatre. Just sayin'.

Maybe they belong to his parents that own the theatre or something like that.

Yeah, I have mentioned that before.

Anyway, I have a feeling that Burgundy and Langley could get along well, seeing as one has it out for Cilan and the other for Iris. Just a thought though.

thesmilewolfy

pokemon videographer
yay for langly and burgandy standing next to eachother, and that new guy, meh. This seems like the beginning of the episode or the middle where they all enter the stadium. And from that other pic with trip and cilan and the other people, the new guy isnt there, so im guessing hes just a random background guy, or elise (note the or elisa is meant to have a cross through itm but itndoesnt work on my phone :p)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So...

6/23: BW26 -> Fishing Tournament.
6/30: BW40 -> Zorua Movie
7/7: BW41 -> Start of Don Tournament Arc
7/14: Zoroark Movie Rerun
Remaining episodes of Don Tournament Arc:
7/21?: break or BW42?
7/28?: BW42 or BW43?
8/4?: BW43 or BW44?
8/11: BW44 or break?

8/18: BW45 -> Meowth Lay-off

So, ideally, I'd rather have a break on August 11th. Then we can round off the tournament on August 4th, have a little break from zee epicness, and then continue with Meowth-contraversy.. I'd like that much more then having another break in between the episodes concerning the tournament.

Just by looking at the episode airdates, and with what about how they should've aired (the entire tournament should've aired after the movie if BW23/24 had aired), you can tell that the writers really wanted it that way as well. That's probably the reason why they chose to air the Basculin episode as well, as to not have an even weirder gap midway into the battle arc. Now there's just a gap after the first introductory episode (and I believe after Cilan and Trip's battle.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I'm pretty sure the guy who dressed up as a Watchog, will use Watchog.

Doubt he will be an important recurring character.

I still don't know which guy that guy is.

Could someone point that one out?

I still don't know which guy that guy is.

Could someone point that one out?

JmZst.jpg

He is next to Bianca

Locormus

playerking

So...

7/21?: break or BW42?
7/28?: BW42 or BW43?
8/4?: BW43 or BW44?
8/11: BW44 or break?

So, ideally, I'd rather have a break on August 11th. Then we can round off the tournament on August 4th, have a little break from zee epicness, and then continue with Meowth-contraversy.. I'd like that much more then having another break in between the episodes concerning the tournament.

Just by looking at the episode airdates, and with what about how they should've aired (the entire tournament should've aired after the movie if BW23/24 had aired), you can tell that the writers really wanted it that way as well. That's probably the reason why they chose to air the Basculin episode as well, as to not have an even weirder gap midway into the battle arc. Now there's just a gap after the first introductory episode (and I believe after Cilan and Trip's battle.

The Break is on the 28th. It's annoying that this will air before the break on the 14th, it's just like what happened during the sinnoh league. Oh well, I hope that guy actually has a Watchog and he doesn't just show up with a Darkrai and a Latios instead.

Locormus

The Break is on the 28th. It's annoying that this will air before the break on the 14th, it's just like what happened during the sinnoh league. Oh well, I hope that guy actually has a Watchog and he doesn't just show up with a Darkrai and a Latios instead.

So...

7/21: BW42

7/28: Break
8/4?: BW43
8/11: BW44

It's kinda sad that the tournament will have this build up done to it.. Makes me want to take a break or something, and watch them in order, but I don't think that I can last that long without my fix! xD

Rowdy

I'm not sure if this has breen brought up yet, but does anyone feel some similarities between this upcoming tournament for BW and the tournament held back at the end of DP's first season?

It saw Brock and Dawn joining in along with already established rivals and new ones being introduced and Ash getting Chimchar. So I wonder if we'll see Ash either having a new capture or one of his current Mon evolving (likely Tepig)?

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
So I wonder if we'll see Ash either having a new capture or one of his current Mon evolving (likely Tepig)?

And just how is Tepig likely? Just because Chimchar was caught in the last tournament doesn't mean something big will happen with Tepig. Although I'd say he has a decent chance... Just not as good as Oshawott (so much screentime and developement warrents an evolution, imo.) or Swadloon (Bug pokemon are known to have speedy evolutions, plus the happiness factor adds to the quickness). What has Tepig done that can justify evolution?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
JmZst.jpg

He is next to Bianca

Oh my God. I knew that Pokemon was a weird show, but I didn't think we'd actually get fur- I mean, weird characters like that. Doesn't he remind you of that one guy from Hoenn who used to wear Pokemon costumes? What was his name again? Well, I forget, but this Watchog-suit guy looks kind of like him. I wonder if we'll actually get to see him battle. OMG! What if he's Tobias in disguise? The writers love to troll me, so he could be. And here I thought that Mr. Lance clone was going to be trouble. Ash better start training his little heart out :x

So we got a confirmed Watchog guy and another new tournament trainer with the yellow jacket guy. Meaning there's more than 12 contestants. I'd guess 16 so that the rounds can be like this:

Round 1:
16 -> 8

Round 2:
8 -> 4

Round 3:
4 -> 2

Round 4:
Final 2 -> Winner

So Cilan vs. Trip can probably be during the Round 1 match.

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
The only thing that would ruin this episode for me is if they decide to introduce a Tobias 2.0.

Dax

Legend
How interesting! I'm glad it's a Watchog costume. I like the pokemon.

I'm really interested in these new characters. Will they be characters used as punching bags to advance characters like Bianca, Ash, Iris and Trip? Will they have more significance? Will they be threats? So many questions... so many!

playerking

I'm sorry, but I just can't take that guy seriously. He's crossing his arms looking serious, but with the costume, he just looms silly. I don't think he'll make it far in the Don Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.