• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[CHECK FIRST POST] BW044 - DON Battle! (Part 4 Discussion ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
What am I hoping for from these episodes?

-First and foremost, titles for all 4 episodes!
-Secondly, let's get the evolutions started on Ash's team...err...continuing.

Agreed. Someone on Ash's team should evolve in this arc.

jolteonjak said:
-Thirdly, I want to see some good battles. Admittedly none of the gym battles (I am fully aware this isn't a gym battle...nevertheless), for me, have been exciting. The only thing that came close was Pikachu v Leavanny (too bad Leavanny didn't use any Bug attacks except for String Shot).

Isn't that so weird? Both Burgh's Leavanny and Ash's Swadloon have been treated like Grass-types. It's especially weird because Burgh is a Bug-type leader, and Ash's Swadloon should logically be focusing on being a Bug-type, since Ash already has Snivy. It's so weird. I hope that Ash's Swadloon learns Bug Buzz, and X-Scissor after it evolves it evolves.

jolteonjak said:
-Fourthly (it's BW, I made a new word), I have a new theory that the writer's changed the fishing episode to have Bianca leaving the group, and she secretly went to catch that Frillish (hell if everyone else can make baseless speculations [Ash catching an already owned Zorua...] then I can too!).

That'd be pretty awesome, actually. Bianca and a female Frillish are a good match.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
None of the battles in BW have impressed me. While Excadrill vs. Beartic was good it still didn't reach the level of intensity some pokemon battles have had in the past. The gym battles; I think have been awful. Some great battles with great animation will be appreciated.

I didn't see that episode, and I wish I had.

The gym battles have been ridiculous. Most people think Wake's battle was the worst, right? Even that was better than anything we've seen thus far (although it was poorly animated when the Croagunk festival was brilliantly animated...boo!).

For the record, I don't think Axew is ready to evolve, nor do I think Dwebble is ready (I'm convinced Pansage won't evolve), which is why I didn't mention them.

Not really interested in speculating on Trip or Bianca or anyone else (mostly because I don't really know of anyone else), because as far as I'm concerned they're us; and they evolve their Pokemon more "correctly."

thunderblade12

Pikachu vs Leavanny and Tepig vs Herdier weren't bad. I like when the opponent puts Ash's pokemon through an ordeal before fainting. It makes the win seem more significant. Like Ash vs Paul's first full battle, most of his pokemon may not have gotten a win there, but they made Paul's pokemon look so tough that most of Ash's pokemon came out looking strong for doing as well as they did. Gliscor and Buizel, for example.

Last edited:

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
All the battles so far have been boring. All they do is make me wish the League was here already. The Gyms seem so tedious and Ash's Pokemon look pathetic.

Hopefully, this whole tournament arc can provide some sort of excitement.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
All the battles so far have been boring. All they do is make me wish the League was here already. The Gyms seem so tedious and Ash's Pokemon look pathetic.

Hopefully, this whole tournament arc can provide some sort of excitement.

Chimchar didn't look pathetic in the Veilstone Gym battle?

Granted, each that participated in Roark's gym were looking pretty beastly..

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Chimchar didn't look pathetic in the Veilstone Gym battle?

Granted, each that participated in Roark's gym were looking pretty beastly..

League matches are more my niche after having to sit through entire arcs. They are at a much higher caliber and Ash's Pokemon around that time are at their peak, being very interesting to watch as well. Stronger moves, stronger opponents, and the occasional return of reserves with upgrades to them. Random filler battles and early Gym battles just feel like padding until something interesting actually happens.

After watching the Sinnoh League and all of it epicness, Unova feels like a huge chore until we get to the end game. And with the "Champion's League" having been mentioned, not too mention actual battles with the Elite 4, it makes it even more uninteresting to watch knowing that there is something far more important and no doubt more interesting that could be going on.

That;s just me though.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I have a good feeling that at least Axew will evolve. Iris & Langley will battle it out and if Iris is too get a "reasonable" win against Langley, she will need to defeat her with a Dragon-type and I don't think Axew can defeat her in his current form. But I've never seen a Pokemon with so little moves evolve. Unless if it learns Double Chop when it evolves into Fraxure and replaces Scratch with Slash.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I agree with deathseer. The league matches are what decide how strong your poke'mon really is. Take Torterra and Inferape and compare them.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't see why people are so excited about Pokemon Leagues, considering how predictable they are. But anyway, I'm looking forward to this tournament only because of all the characters who are competing. I don't care much about the actual battles themselves, but the character interactions should be good. It looks like Cilan will be battling Trip, which means that they'll actually get to talk to each other, which hasn't really happened much before.

Zariful

Evolution

I dont see Roggenrola evolving so soon like Sewaddle did
i want to see Oshawott evolving into Dewott and learning fury cutter and water pulse and
perhaps Tepig evolves and Learns Heat crash and arm trust
or scraggy learns brick break and faint attack
IDK something happens
Why did they have air the fish episode yesterday we could of seen it later and see the zorua movie and ash possibly getting it

http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies/530.png
http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies2/392.gif

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I dont see Roggenrola evolving so soon like Sewaddle did
i want to see Oshawott evolving into Dewott and learning fury cutter and water pulse and
perhaps Tepig evolves and Learns Heat crash and arm trust
or scraggy learns brick break and faint attack
IDK something happens
Why did they have air the fish episode yesterday we could of seen it later and see the zorua movie and ash possibly getting it

http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies/530.png
http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies2/392.gif

Zorua is Luke's, sorry and why did you add those pictures?

On a different note, with Cilan and Trip, I see Trip going to ways, one, he'll act differently compared to with Ash and he'll regard Cilan as an equal, or he'll be his usual self and then I think he could mention to Cilan the fact that he beat Chili with his Servine, so he must be stronger than him.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I agree with deathseer. The league matches are what decide how strong your poke'mon really is. Take Torterra and Inferape and compare them.

The league fights don't decide anything, the league fights are just lenghtier, you can't say Torterra is weak after having a good showing against an Elite Four Hippowdown which is stronger that any pokemon used in the league and same with Rhyperior when it was a Grotle, even with Drapion it didn't do that bad, before Gliscor it was the one that did more damage to the thing.

We knew that Infernape was the star, since the middle of the region, we knew it would be the focus of the fight and have a better showing then Torterra, weather Torterra won or lose.

That doesn't prove anything, Cyndaquill was the best starter during the region in Johto and in the league, it was the one that sucked more, is it the weakest one after that?

I don't get the whining about the gym battles that people are are doing, they have been pretty nice in my opinion, sorry if your choice of pokemons wasn't used but the fights haven't been bad, I wanted Tranquill to be used on Arty, I wanted Snivy/Pidove to be used in gym, I still enjoyed them.

The more intense fights will come later, people must want a Buizel vs Lucario gym everytime it seems.

Last edited:

Zariful

Zorua is Luke's, sorry and why did you add those pictures?

On a different note, with Cilan and Trip, I see Trip going to ways, one, he'll act differently compared to with Ash and he'll regard Cilan as an equal, or he'll be his usual self and then I think he could mention to Cilan the fact that he beat Chili with his Servine, so he must be stronger than him.

i was bored also you never know Chili may be the weaker of the trio
on a another note did you notice that Pansear and Pansage both know dig but Panpour hasn't used it

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
The league fights don't decide anything, the league fights are just lenghtier, you can't say Torterra is weak after having a good showing against an Elite Four Hippowdown which is stronger that any pokemon used in the league and same with Rhyperior when it was a Grotle, even with Drapion it didn't do that bad, before Gliscor it was the one that did more damage to the thing.

Yeah. Torterra isn't weak, Ash is just a moron. People think that Torterra's weak because it lost three battles. But looking at it logically, it didn't have a chance in those battles. Volkner's plan all along was to lure Torterra in to hit it with Ice Punch, so Ash was screwed from the beginning there. Bertha is a member of the Elite 4, 'nuff said. And against Paul, Ash decided to be a moron and send in Torterra against Drapion. Normally, that'd be okay by anime standards, but given that Toxic Spikes was down and that he knew a Flying-Pokemon would be at an advantage, it would have been a thousand times smarter and safer to use Gliscor at that point. Besides, every Pokemon loses battles. It just so happens that Torerra's three battles were ones in which it had to lose to further the plot.

I don't get the whining about the gym battles that people are are doing, they have been pretty nice in my opinion, sorry if your choice of pokemons wasn't used but the fights haven't been bad, I wanted Tranquill to be used on Arty, I wanted Snivy/Pidove to be used in gym, I still enjoyed them.

Agreed. I don't think the gym battles in this region have been outstanding, but I think they're certainly better than most people make them out to be. They're certainly better than most of the Kanto battles too, but I don't want to open that can of worms.

Cheed the white

I choose oshawatt
If ash uses scraggy in the tournament is better learn a new move as leer is crap and head butt does nothing, but might learn a new move like infernape did training against brock's sudowoodo which was flareblitz, so scraggy may learn a new move training with iris and axew
;392;

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Yeah. Torterra isn't weak, Ash is just a moron. People think that Torterra's weak because it lost three battles. But looking at it logically, it didn't have a chance in those battles. Volkner's plan all along was to lure Torterra in to hit it with Ice Punch, so Ash was screwed from the beginning there. Bertha is a member of the Elite 4, 'nuff said. And against Paul, Ash decided to be a moron and send in Torterra against Drapion. Normally, that'd be okay by anime standards, but given that Toxic Spikes was down and that he knew a Flying-Pokemon would be at an advantage, it would have been a thousand times smarter and safer to use Gliscor at that point. Besides, every Pokemon loses battles. It just so happens that Torerra's three battles were ones in which it had to lose to further the plot.

Agreed. I don't think the gym battles in this region have been outstanding, but I think they're certainly better than most people make them out to be. They're certainly better than most of the Kanto battles too, but I don't want to open that can of worms.

Why do people keep trying to make excuses for Torterra? It really does baffle me. A Pokemon that loses every battle (no matter the circumstances) and was a total **** show in every battle isn't weak? It's a weak Pokemon, end of story. Sure Ash made some mistake commands, but after its battle with Candace, it lost every battle since. How does that not make it weak? Battling isn't only about the commanding Trainer, it's the Pokemon in the battle as well. Torterra isn't some glass cannon, so it shouldn't have went down so easily in so many battles.

And it's not so much as the Gyms, it's the atmosphere of the League that makes it better to watch. It's all the best trainers from across that region coming together to battle it out. Because of the volume of what's going on, we get better battles and better Trainers than compared to Gyms.

It's just high time that Ash always had that level of battling. He's beaten Legendaries, placed really high in competitions, and went toe to toe with some of the Elite 4. I think it's high time that he deserved some high quality battles rather than just starting over and losing to newbs because the Pokemon he has on him are weak.

Then again, all early Gym battles tend to be boring.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ash Vs. Maylene was one of the best Gym battles of the series, and it was only Gym 3.

Although to be fair, the DP Gym battles were better than every other regions, including BW so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.