• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cheer Pressure! (328)

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I dunno, Torkoal's voice... wasn't what I expected. I'm not complaining though, because at least they're getting more creative with dub voices.

I give the episode 7/10, just because it wasn't the best filler episode, especially right after Come What May. The animations wasn't the best, either.

V Faction

www.faction.com
sly_74 said:
What did Jessie and James say their names were? (Assuming that they gave fake names in the dub too.)

Jamester and Jessica.

Chris

Old Coot
Torkoal's not supposed to sound like a dunce. :\ Kortoise certainly doesn't have a low, dopey voice. If anything, they should've kept its original voice since we normally hear it just shouting "Ko!"

Musashi gave the name Musashino (in the dub, Jessica). Missed what Kojiro/James named themselves.

V Faction

www.faction.com
EliteTrainerRaven said:
Torkoal's not supposed to sound like a dunce. :\ Kortoise certainly doesn't have a low, dopey voice. If anything, they should've kept its original voice since we normally hear it just shouting "Ko!"

Who cares? This is the perfect voice for an English Torkoal. It's slow, comical, and nasally. Definitely better than "Ko!"

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
As always I miss the Trainer Choice maybe Ash's Torkoal will have that voice and Flannery's Torkoal will have something different?

V Faction

www.faction.com
Tamer Zack said:
As always I miss the Trainer Choice maybe Ash's Torkoal will have that voice and Flannery's Torkoal will have something different?

One sound clip isn't much to go on, but I doubt they'll be too different.

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
This episode was pretty good. TR actually had important roles in this one. Pikachu was also feisty in the battle against Seviper. Max continuing to be sneaky. XD!

And Jessie just used "Jessica" as her name in "Come What May." I don't believe the gang STILL feel for it. But I guess if they didn't, it wouldn't be an episode.

H

Houndoom Master

Yeah, Jamester is weird. Jessie basically stomped his foot when he was about to say "James" and 'ster' was the first thing that popped into his head. Now, back on topic. I liked this episode a lot! TR almost won, and if it weren't for Plusle and Minun, would've. The name actually made sense instead of being some stupid pun that bareley related to the episode. The Trainer's Choice was stupid, because Tailow and Torkoal could both win against Shiftry, and Torkoal would do no better than Tailow. Although the end was overly-moralish for me, I still liked it. I give it 7/10!

Heracross

Custom User Title
Well this episodw was pretty good. I was surprised to see Thatcher again. I guess if I had been paying attention I could'va guessed he'd be in it because of Plusle and Minun, but oh well. Pretty original plot, and this is already the second time they brought back a filler character in another episode. Very good sign. I didn't notice Torkoal's voice, but the Trainer's Choice was still kinda dumb because flying types would also have an advantage over Shiftry. The music was pretty good in this episode, 4Kids seems to be getting better about it. Let's just hope they keep that trend going. I also thought Brock was pretty funny, he seems to be even more humorous than usual lately, although I don't know why. Not much else to say I guess, pretty solid filler ep.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
"Cheer Pressure" was pretty average, nothing too exciting. The best part was seeing Brock battling again with Foretress, he needs to battle more often.

So is Jessie's real name officially Jessica now? They seem to be using it a lot more often.

Overall not much to say on the second episode, a filler that didn't introduce any new pokemon either.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Heracross said:
I didn't notice Torkoal's voice, but the Trainer's Choice was still kinda dumb because flying types would also have an advantage over Shiftry.

The TC always asks for the best choice. In this case, Torkoal is a lot more beneficial to use because of its insane power. Taillow could have a decent chance, but in this situation Torkoal is completely prefered. It's the same deal with the TC that happened a while ago, that chose Dewgong.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Cybercubed said:
So is Jessie's real name officially Jessica now? They seem to be using it a lot more often.

It's probably just her stage name for Contests. I suppose it reflects a more professional state. Another good example would be if someone wanted to be called "William" instead of maybe "Billy".

T

Togemon

Was this just in my area, or did they show the "Who's that Pokemon!" again?

I really didn't like this episode too much, I know Ash & Co aren't the smartest, but come on! And I have to agree with what Jessie said, I wanted to smack Ash for that "Friendship" line. I give it a 5/10. And Torkaol's voice sounds like it should be the voice of Yurtle the Turtle from Dr. Suess. I just... don't like it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Torkoals voice sounds great to me. I agree with V faction.

Then again Ash's may sound different, so you never know...

PDL

disenchanted
Torkoal did sound a little different from what I was expecting... but it wasn't too far of, I was expecting it to sound like Shuckle...

but what do you guys think of the actual episode?

well, I found it weird that Helping Hand looks like an electric attack, I thought that's how Plusle and Minun used it, but after seeing Makuhita and Shrumish (can they even able to learn Helping Hand?) using it, now it seems a little weird to me...

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
EliteTrainerRaven said:
Nobody likes the amount of puns 4Kids keeps dishing out. This title makes sense, but it's a little too corny for my tastes. How I wish that they simply translate episodes like they did back in the first portion of Kanto. :\

Correct, for example "Showdown in Pewter City" "The Challange of The Samurai" "Water Flowers of Cerulean City", simple but yet effective titles, they're much more striking to the common viewer :p

Radical Edward

Upstanding Citizen
Hey, Im watching this episode right now!mystic<_< >_>

Maybe it has to do with the old episodes being shown this past week...Oh well. Plusle, Minun, and Pikachu were SO CUTE in their scenes together!(Why didn't they show Pichu more often in Johto?!:p) No attack mixups this time around--Max actually got the info right!(Vileplume and Roselia are the only Pokémon to learn Aromatherapy naturally. The effect of the move was right on as well; as it erased the Paralysis that Pikachu's Thunderbolt caused on Seviper every time!) Makuhita and Shroomish with Helping Hand was a nice twist; as most people probably assumed Plusle and Minun to be using it.;) I noticed that Jesse's being called Jessica more often now...Makes you think of that moment in 'Pokémon Shipwreck'; doesn't it?:p Overall; an alright filler, 7/10.

V Faction

www.faction.com
EvilKeckleon said:
well, I found it weird that Helping Hand looks like an electric attack, I thought that's how Plusle and Minun used it, but after seeing Makuhita and Shrumish (can they even able to learn Helping Hand?) using it, now it seems a little weird to me...

They sure can. That was one of the points of this episode, to show that these helpful attacks can be branched to Pokemon other than just the signature learners. Shroomish may seem a little weird with it, but when you look at Breloom it makes sense.