• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cheer Pressure! (328)

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
Yellow said:
I didn't like this episode. There was really no story line and it was very boring. It reminded me of a Johto Filler. Torkoal's dub voice was very bad too. I really hope Ash's doesn't sound stupid.

Better get use to that voice I saw the episode clip for Poetry Commotion and Going, Going, Yawn and Torkoal has that same voice.

Geodude

wobbanut said:
What really ticks me off about this episode, even though it was good in so many ways (especially James beating Brock!!!), is when I compare the cheering teacher to Anthony from "You Said a Mouthful". After thinking about the episode for the last 24 hours (Chicago runs new episodes on Sundays), I still can't get what on earth the guy was doing that was so wrong. I mean, sure, Seviper kept getting revived more often than it should have (I'm not getting into Cacnea, since she only needed one revive), but don't trainers do something similar with potions? Seviper wasn't even technically knocked out until the very end, when the scheme was uncovered. I just don't get what it was that was so wrong. Sure, Pikachu could have used the boost too, and then it would have been fair, but what's so wrong about getting in some added experience?

Of COURSE what Sheridan was doing was wrong. People are expecting to battle just ONE Pokemon, not FIVE. -_- And that's exactly what was going on.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Tamer Zack said:
Better get use to that voice I saw the episode clip for Poetry Commotion and Going, Going, Yawn and Torkoal has that same voice.
That doesn't change much, since Ash's Pokemon almost always have different (and better) voices than previously introduced members of their species. Though I for one thought Torkoal's vocie was fairly fitting, I'll have to see how well it is used in turns of differing tones and as a battle cry etc.

PDL

disenchanted
Geodude said:
Of COURSE what Sheridan was doing was wrong. People are expecting to battle just ONE Pokemon, not FIVE. -_- And that's exactly what was going on.

to true... I was thinking about the anatomy of a pokemon battle through out the episode... to have a legal pokemon battle, there needs to be certain number of participants

usually, there needs to be 2 trainers facing each other, though in double battles, there can be up to 4.

the number of pokemon to trainer can vary with what sort of battle your having, but it's usually one pokemon verses one pokemon, though in double battles, it's 2 on 2...

and there needs to be a referee to determine who can no longer battle and declare a winner.

however, outside interferce that gives one side an unfair advantage is against the rules.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Um......Thatcher (or whatever his name was) was adorable. >>

I was very pleased to see another Makuhita. :D

What Sheridan was doing didn't seem as wrong to me. >> I mean, people use potions and X Attacks on their pokemon in the games, so I don't see what the big deal is. >>

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
Phantom_Bugsy said:
Um......Thatcher (or whatever his name was) was adorable. >>

I was very pleased to see another Makuhita. :D

What Sheridan was doing didn't seem as wrong to me. >> I mean, people use potions and X Attacks on their pokemon in the games, so I don't see what the big deal is. >>

yeah, but he lied to them. he kept it secret so he can get their money and said that cheering can easily help Pokemon without Helping Hand or Aromatherapy

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
You got to admit, it was underhanded on Sheridians part.

However, neither Helping Hand nor Aeromatherapy heal physical damages to the Pokemon. Seviper would have been fried after at least three bolts even with the cheating. The Pokemon in the drums would have certainly been wore out.

~*Aurora Wish*~

I QUIT THIS FORUM!!!
This episode rocks!!! I especially like the part where Pikachu kept attacking Seviper, and then the Helping Hands and the Aromatherapy...I mean, it was so funny!

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I enjoyed Team Rockets antics, shame Max had to bugger it up but Team Rocket never win I guess so *shrugs*. It still was enjoyable despite that, just goes to show how powerful Ash's Pikachu has become over the years.

F

Factory Head Noland

I was very VERY annoyed that when Plusle and Minun use Helping Hand on Pikachu the Advanced Adventure tune didn't come on! Even though it did in the Japanese ep!
It just.....SUX!!

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
This is one of those episodes that starts out kinda slow, then picks up a little in the end. Sheridan's reaction when Max reveals his scam was priceless. However, aside from that, the episode just felt kind of...meh. I mean, it's pretty much set entirely in one place, nearly the entire episode is spent on the slow execution of Jessie and James' plan, which isn't particularly clever to begin with, and the animation wasn't all that great most of the time. Plus, there were quite a few plot holes - don't you think someone would have noticed the attacks coming from the drums? And I don't know about Ash, but I would have gotten suspicious of trainers named Jamester and Jessica who are respectively armed with a Cacnea and a Seviper. I haven't seen "A Different Kind of Misty", but I hope it was better than this episode - just a lot of mediocrity all around.

Somebody made an avatar of the strange disquise Max wore yet? He looked so cute in it you know. Episode was good, they even kept Plusle and Minun's original voices (pura?! Mimey!).

G

Geki

Pretty cool filler, I liked seeing that kid from ''A Different Kind of Misty'' again. Plusle and Minun were cool in this episode, they were better portrayed then in Destiny Deoxys.

7/10

Kind of a boring filler, the cheering was a bad way of cheating-_-

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
oh yeah plusle and minum i remember those two, those are the most brilliant couple in the series if you ask me:p

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
It was Ugh. I was rather confused by who Thatcher was for a second. I didn't care for the cheering concept but it was nice nonetheless.