• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cheers on Castaways Isle! (580)

I also loved how Buizel pushed infront of that Corphish when it apprived the the Mascots location. It was almost like Buizel was trying to say "Ok guys forget Corphish, his old news, I am now the water Pokemon daddy, and I am here to stay, bring on the next gym and i'll show you what I can do for the 100th time"

Haha, I found that to be remarkable as well. Quite neat, actually.

Err.. other than that, nothing really interesting happened. All it boiled down to was, unfortunately, a "buy our plushies" episode.

thunderblade12

Well Pikachu hasn't gotten anything since the Raichu episode, I guess its deserving of this kind of episode.
As much as a lot of Piplup haters will deny this, Piplup really hasn't done squat since the Wallace Cup other than being there yelling "Pocha Pocha!"
Its nice to see it get an episode to itself but I wish they would teach the thing a new attack already.

Corphish was so random, they should have given the screentime to a land water pokemon that didn't have much screentime like Spheal or Krabby or something. Corphish was on the main team for about 150 episodes. Krabby was only seen for like 2 episodes, and not very long in either one.

Mantyke didn't do much, again. The writers are really have so much trouble giving such a unique pokemon screentime? How about a filler episode involving Mantyke's evolution with the help of Remoraide?

Deoxys scene was just blowing Jessie and James away but it looked pretty cool. I loved the way it caused those rocks to levitate, then punched them away and defended Ash and co. in its defense form.

Anyone notice Staravia just flew off when the rocks were about to crush the trainers?

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
This episode made me realize how much I miss Ash's Corphish...
It was a cute episode but there's not much to say about. Pikachu and Piplup run around and act cute (which is actually entertaining), Corphish and Mantyke care for the gem, and Deoxys fires some rocks. Not much to say.
Overall: 7/10

Last edited:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I also want an episode with Mantyke's evolution. This episode was good and was quite funny. I loved seeing Pikachu and Piplup together, besides Lagomorph, they're my favourite Pokémon shipping. Their little adventure was great and this was one of the best fillers.

Sparkleo

Low on power...
Minuscule plot, but cute episode nonetheless. Reminds me a little of "Island of Giant Pokemon".

...That's all I need to say.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I loved how all 4 forms of Deoxys were used. Besides, Pikachu and Piplup being together is what made this episode super-special! ^_^

BM14murph

Master Collector
I thought it was a good ep all in all

oh did deoxys use psycho boost or some other move like zap cannon or something like that the moves look just a like

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
Anyone else notice the legendary pattern Pokemon DP is having?
Think about it..
Dialga and Palkia have appeared whether full fledged or fore shadowed 49737953 times..
Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf have been foreshadowed many times as well..
Darkrai has appeared, Giratina, Shaymin, Manaphy..
Now Deoxys, and Phione is coming up real soon too.
Anyway, pretty awesome that Deoxys appeared outside of it's movie.

Last edited:

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Anyone else notice the legendary pattern
Anyway, pretty awesome that Deoxys appeared outside of it's movie.

Actually this is the second time that Deoxys appeared outside of its movie, the first time being in the second Pokemon Ranger hour Special back in Battle Frontier. Though I really gotta say, that was completely random for Deoxys to have shown up at all. I was not expecting for it to even appear.

Also did anyone find it interesting that Pikachu can suddenly breath underwater, then coming up for air only to open its mouth and talk under water again?

dman_dustin

I thought it was a good ep all in all

oh did deoxys use psycho boost or some other move like zap cannon or something like that the moves look just a like

Considering it was yellow, I think it's more likely that it was Zap Cannon. But unless someone said what attack it was, I doubt we'll ever know.

katfairy

Good episode, but a missed opportunity- they could have done another "translation" bit.

I agree with whoever said earlier that this played a lot like a Pikachu short, the lack of translation, and other of the trio's critters were the only things that really separated it tbh.
I'm not entirely sure if I enjoyed it though. Yes, Deoxys appearing and changing its appearance in order to save certain characters was good, but I think that was the only bit.
I tell you what I did find refreshingly different actually - the song played whilst Pika and Poch were diving and destroying the rocks. That once more reinforces the argument of the episode being of similar build to one of the shorts.

Torpoleon

Oooh a Piakchu-Piplup episode. I like they got lost an had to find a way out together. Piplup and Pikachu have a strong bond.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Gee, I wonder why people don't like this episode? The animation was impressive, that Corphis talked in a hysterical manner, and Deoxys's appearance was a complete surprise to me. Piplp doesn't bother me, but Notch-Eared Pichu does (unrelated). This is alot like what the mini-movies could be like if they were still theatrical.
And too the big, sarcastic review of the episode: that's rough.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Gee, I wonder why people don't like this episode? The animation was impressive, that Corphis talked in a hysterical manner, and Deoxys's appearance was a complete surprise to me. Piplp doesn't bother me, but Notch-Eared Pichu does (unrelated). This is alot like what the mini-movies could be like if they were still theatrical.
And too the big, sarcastic review of the episode: that's rough.

Indeed, the animation was impressive in this episode, and those Corphish looked really good. I had a small hope in my heart that Ash would bring his Corphish back for a little while, shame it didn't happen.

JD

This was a good episode the mantyke where cute It was funny how yanmega just got like smashed into a rock by pshycho boost

Dattebayo

Banned
I was expecting this episode to be something about Pikachu and Piplup exploring the island and finding a way to get off to find their trainers, but I didn't expected Deoxys in this episode at all. This just made the episode pretty good.

Akagi

i have a wacked sis
I like how Deoxys got another appearance.

Hoenn pokemon are back!

spyroflame0487

Kind of a big deal
This episode was nothing but a LOLWUT? filler...was something supposed to happen, or was that just me?

-Narrator flashback! Ken Gates is in ur anime...controlling ur storyline.
-Why exactly did did TR need a disguise? There was no one around, plus, I'm more than sure that Pikachu (maybe not Piplup) can mostly see through the disguises.
-Ok Ash, lets jump into the freezing water after a SUBMARINE. Buizel weighs 65 pounds. Ash weighs at least 100 something. I don't care if Buizel has a jet engine in his butt, he isn't going anywhere fast enough to catch a sub.
-Waaaiiiittt.....This Jenny is a dude. Brock didn't go gaga for her. wut.
-CORPHISH! This one is epic. I love it now.
-Easter Island, anyone? Moaipass still looks creepy.
-The Wingull were fail. Nothing happened.
-Mantyke is adorable and all....but....this ep for them failed as well.
-Deoxys? WTF? Why? What...what could you possibly need Deoxys in a filler like this for. Upcoming Promo? No. Future appearance in a movie? I don't think so. Pokemon, your writers stink.

Here's to hoping Phione will be sweet...I hope.