• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cheers on Castaways Isle! (580)

I really thought the episode was a good filler. Seeing Corphish again made me happy to see the little crustacean and furthermore his voice. The Mantyke were just squealing in awe and secondly I think their Japanese voices were kept. Who is Ken Gates? Thank goodness I only missed 3 or 5 minutes of the episode. Overall, I really like the animation like the underwater and celestial aurora's. I will watch it again hopefully tomorrow to catch those scenes I've missed.

Last edited:

Linkdarkside

Corphish was awesome.

Deoxys animation whit the Speed forme and change to Defence Form to protect the gang was awesome.

but how did Pikachu breath under water?it remind me to Misty on the cronocles episode.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
just saw this episode.
suprisingly, i thought it was a good filler ^_^
i loved seeing deoxys!
& the mantyke were soo cute <3

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Corphish was awesome.

Deoxys animation whit the Speed forme and change to Defence Form to protect the gang was awesome.

but how did Pikachu breath under water?it remind me to Misty on the cronocles episode.
I want to know how Ash held his breath underwater so long as he chased after Team Rocket. And Pikachu opened his mouth under water.

I want to know how Ash held his breath underwater so long as he chased after Team Rocket. And Pikachu opened his mouth under water.

Yeah wouldn't the water enter Pikachu's mouth since he isn't a water Poke? Unless he was saying his name in his mind while opening his mouth with excitement. I wonder how the Mantyke (the three) carried that giant meteorite?

Kuroshi

This was a fun episode to watch. It was great seeing a wild Corphish in the anime.
Pikachu and Piplup really do make an amusing team.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. A decent filler, although I liked the whole idea of an entire episode based around the pokemon. It was awesome to see Deoxys again.

milenadrg

This episode was awesome, I was really enjoying it... I really liked Corpish's voice. It was cool seeing Deoxys again...

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
This was a really good episode. :) Pikachu and Piplup on the Island's beach made me think oh Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. :p It was also cool that Deoxys knows Ash and co. are the good guys. Corphish's voice was pretty good, but it reminds me of Ash's Corphish. Also, the music was quite wonderful, so I recoginized that. And now, Chocovine awaits. :D

cloudk

hates you.
How is Pikachu able to talk underwater? ._.
Nice to see Corphish though, makes me wanna watch the BF saga.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Some folks had claimed that this episode would be an average or even a bad one, but to be honest, I loved it! The plot was really well thought-out and all in all it was a thrilling adventure!

Ash once again proved himself to be the hero of the day when he fearlessly jumped into the water to save Piplup and his very best friend Pikachu. I guess, he would actually do everything for his Pokemon and even die just to save them. Didn't that scene make every Ash-Fan's heart beat faster? These are the moments which remind me why I admire Ash so much despite his recent defeats (particularly with regard to the recent Japanese episodes)

As for the awesome piece of music which played while the Pokemon were diving and swimming: I can't help it but it somehow reminded me of the song "My Sharona" by The Knack. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVoGvvMC_es
Hold on! Did I just write "My Sharona" ?? Noooo, of course it should be "My ShIrona". What a great reference..awwwwwww No, no that can't be a mere coincidence! That's a hidden message!!! :unworthy:My Shirona...awww!:unworthy: ash_forever is losing it once again :D

You know what, the idea of attracting the trainers' attention by firing Thunderbolts and Bubble Beams into the sky was brilliant. And believe it or not, I had already come up with that plan before they actually showed it. But the fact that they actually realized one of my ideas in the Anime was even more brilliant. Too bad that it ended in failure when Pikachu and Piplup ("P&P") were stricken by lightning which at the same time was hilarious though. Sorry for gloating over that but the result was just too obvious:ksmile:
But where in the world was that golden "thundershield" from the 7th gym battle in Hoenn? I'm hereby demanding to see that shield again if I'm not supposed to believe that the first shield was a DEM back then :p

Some folks may complain that Deoxys' screentime was way too short, but we mustn't forget that this Pokemon already had its introductory episode (even two to be precise) so it's just natural that we're expected to consider him an "old acquaintance" by now.
Nevertheless, Deoxys' appearance was way better than Darkrai's one eight episodes ago, which was a complete farce. (That episode sure broke my heart because Darkrai definitely belongs to my all-time favorites.)
And of course, let's not forget those fascinating, exciting, and impressive scenes at the end where Deoxys showed its awesome power. Without doubt a worthy ending for a great episode!

7 out of 10 points!

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
I'm never thrilled over the Pokemon have advantures without the humans episodes..oh and it needed subtitles.
Was still pretty good, won't ever watch it again, but I don't regret watching it that one time.

Last edited:

thunderblade12

I like the first pokemon adventure that didn't feature the trainers better than any of them. The subtitles have us a bit more info about the pokemon's true personality.

They should still use subtitles for these kinds of episode and the Pikachu shorts.

Alloute

Not Banned
Saw it yesterday.

I have to say, I like the Japanese version better, at least then I do not have to hear the horrible voices of Meowth and James, but it was interesting.

Deoxy in a filler episode is always fun.

PinkPantsMan

Notes:
Ash actually remembers a Pokemon met before!
Mime Jr. didn't show up in the motto
Jenny was a fake (Brock didn't go crazy)
Everyone can breathe underwater and somehow move pretty normal

Torpoleon

I like the first pokemon adventure that didn't feature the trainers better than any of them. The subtitles have us a bit more info about the pokemon's true personality.

They should still use subtitles for these kinds of episode and the Pikachu shorts.
I would have liked subtitles for this too! I couldn't understand what Corphish was saying. At least the episode was still great! Better than I expected!

I have always wondered why ash never talks about pokemon that he has met in movies when he meets them again

He has met Deoxys in the Anime as well.. there was 2 part episode with Deoxys in the Hoenn region. But ye strange he didnt mention that or the Movie.

Anyway i liked the episode- seemed pretty cool

Netbug009

Oh hey, Deoxys! I felt stupid when I realized what the stone was. I was like "...Why are they putting random rocks around a dusk stone-OH HEY I REMEMBER NOW MOVIE 6." And before that, I thought they'd ended up on the island where Darkrai resides.

OH PLEASE NO SUBTITLES. Sorry, but I like when the break out the lack of dialog to tell most of the story. The point isn't to understand the Pokemon's every word but to get the gist. It's be like giving subtitles to WALL-E. There's no need and it sounds corny. It worked well for Island of lost Pokemon, but otherwise....ick, no. Not needed.

This episode was fun and cute.

Also, epic love for Buizel in this one. ^^