• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cheers on Castaways Isle! (580)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The anime staff tried too hard to save it from being Filler by adding Deoxys to the mix.

It was a lot of fun though, like a Pikachu short. I liked how it took place on an island though, it made things sppoky for some reason.

6/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Pikachu and Piplup were funny... i loved too see a wild Corphish also.

And Deoxys was pretty strong - although it just born.

6/10

wobbanut

Team Awesome
The whole thing with the pokemon being separated from their trainers has been done so many times already throughout the series that it doesn't make this episode exceptional, but I do like the side storyline with the pokemon taking care of an "egg" that later turns out to be a deoxys. I also love the appearance of a Corphish in this episode. As one of my favorite Hoenn Pokemon of Ash's, I've really missed it since the end of the Battle Frontier. :( Overall, average episode.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I really liked this episode, what if you were in Ash's shoes and find out that an oval shaped thing just turns into a Deoxys, that morphs and stuff. WOw! I'd go bananas :p

But seriously it looked like a pikachu short, with it running across the Probopasses. It felt like we were supposed to watch pokemon being pokemon.. not humans in pokemon form (as seen in the canalave break up episode), that made it more fun than that.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Just saw this one, and i didn't know it was a filler. It was ok to watch Deoxys and these pokemon lending it a hand to return to anywhere it is supposed to go, but out of that pretty boring.

Oh yeah, and i hate to have to guess what pokemon say to each other, i mean what's the point, why they do keep doing it? At least put them some subtitles or something lol.

JohnLee

Yeah. I was not particularly looking forward to this episode, but I still enjoyed it. I'm kinda tired of Deoxys. I was happy to hear corphish's voice again though :)

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I thought the Deoxy's appearance was pretty random and I didn't really care too much for the premise of this episode. Overall it was OK.

- The episode starts with Pikachu and Piplup stranded on an Island? Huh?... Oh, it's one of those "x amount of hours earlier" episodes. Gotcha!

- Wow, way to be observant Ash and Dawn. Not knowing where your Pokemon are.

- It's alright. Jessie and James, Of course, in a disguise, have them. No need to worry, everyone! Cancel the search party!

- Ya know, subtitles really would've made the whole island part a whole heck of a lot easier to understand.

- Whaaaaaaaaaaat?! Deoxys?! How did that get there? oh, right a mysterious glowing stone. Right! I'm an idiot!

Deoxys is what definitley made this episode.... better. Still, not too exciting an episode.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Wonderful to see Deoxys again especially in Sinnoh...

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Mantyke for the 1st time, it's really cute! It was very smart of Piplup to tell Pikachu not to use an electric attack underwater. I'm surprised Pikachu wasn't thinking before attempting to use an electric attack in the water. It was cool to see an episode having Pikachu and Piplup in center and together. It was cool to see a Deoxys again. Odd how Staravia was dodging falling rocks and not bothering to save/protect Ash from them.

17/100

My reaction to the episode the first time I watched it: "Huhh...........?!"

I watched it again a while later and liked it.

wind21

This episode doesn't really feel that long; I think that's b/c the plot would be really suitable for one of the Pikachu shorts they used to show with the movies (or maybe still show and I'm just not aware of it). It's a pretty fun episode that's not to be taken too seriously. The way Deoxys is able to recover right at the time TR attacks is too coincidental (as well as ensuing demonstration of all its abilities), but other than that, there isn't anything too eyebrow raising (well, come to think of it, the way Staravia's wing attack breaks TR's golden arm thing and then Buizel uses Water Gun to make it explode is kind of weird; if it were that easy to take down, Pikachu and Piplup should have been able to take care of themselves). I liked the small element of mystery about who the pokemon is that's maintained for much of the episode; it's a way to keep your interest. And it seems like that's what the writers were going for, based on Dawn's comment at the end about the mysterious pokemon there are in the world.

My favorite gag in this episode is actually the way Buizel is able to pull Ash around with no problem, but Piplup is absolutely drained after rescuing Pikachu and swimming to the island. Obviously, the contest that starts the storm (and does the group no bit of good at all; seems like Pikachu isn't aware of just how far away the pokemon are from the boat, since Ash and group don't even give storm a glance, unlike what Pikachu envisions with the lightning being pretty obvious) is pretty fun. I think this episode is probably the best of the ones focusing just on Pikachu and Piplup, in terms of humor. There's another one that's pretty memorable (focuses more on Piplup, but you really get to see who Piplup cares for, which sets up nicely for the final episode of Sinnoh), but that has a pretty serious nature. So I think that makes this episode the best for pure humor.

My favorite scene in this episode is a pretty subtle one. It occurs when Deoxys is leaving. Pikachu, Piplup, and the other pokemon there are waving goodbye (and presumably saying it), but Ash, Dawn, and Brock are not. I think that's an awesome, awesome touch. This episode wasn't about them really, and helping Deoxys wasn't their adventure. They smile in appreciation of what's going on, but they're just observing, while Pikachu and Piplup are the ones who were really invested in Deoxy's recovery and would really be the ones emotionally invested to say goodbye. It's an appreciation that every good, exciting story isn't always your story. Ash, Dawn, and Brock are sincere enough to know that; but that doesn't mean they can't appreciate and be happy for Pikachu and Piplup, who are both really proud of what they did. That's what caring for someone really means, in my opinion.

Have to say, as a little postscript, that I think this is one of TR's better gags. The fact that they try to fool Pikachu and Piplup (and have already discarded the disguises once our heroes find them) emphasizes that these two pokemon are the characters we're going to be focusing on in this episode (not that this is unique to this episode; I know it's been done in the Riverboat episode, and probably a few others, I'd imagine-I'm complimenting more the gag).

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
I enjoyed this episode. This episode's plot was almost like one of the Pikachu shorts they show with the movies, it's pretty fun and adventurous. It's nice too see a Corpish again, it reminded me of Ash's Corphis. I liked how Pikachu and the other Pokemon were trying to break the rock in underwater and gathering them around the oval Crystal. I liked how most of the episode keeps the oval Crystal's secret for keeping interest. When Pikachu, Piplup and others are wating for the mystery Pokémon to come out, Team Rocket captures Pikachu and Piplup with a robotic hand. But Ash's Starvia comes and breaks the hand, freeing the Pokemon. When Ash and others arrives, Team Rocket comes out of their submarine and says their motto .....
Jessie: "listen closly is that a voice I hear?"
James: "Well speaking to me loud and clear"
Jessie: "Jessie" (Blows a kiss)
James: "James."
Mewoth: "Mewoth, now dat's a name". After finishing their motto the mystery Pokemon came out of the over Crystal.
It's a pleasant surprise when mystery Pokemon was revealed to be Deoxys. I liked the scene where Dexoys blasted Team Rocket off.
wind21 said:
My favorite scene in this episode is a pretty subtle one. It occurs when Deoxys is leaving. Pikachu, Piplup, and the other pokemon there are waving goodbye (and presumably saying it), but Ash, Dawn, and Brock are not. I think that's an awesome, awesome touch. This episode wasn't about them really, and helping Deoxys wasn't their adventure. They smile in appreciation of what's going on, but they're just observing, while Pikachu and Piplup are the ones who were really invested in Deoxy's recovery and would really be the ones emotionally invested to say goodbye.

Yeah, you're right. Ash, Brock and Dawn didn't do much in this episode, but Pikachu and Piplup did. So it makes sense that they're the only once who were saying goodbye to Deoxys.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked how Ash used Buizel to pursue Team Rocket's submarine even if it was useless. I also liked how the Probopass acted like Easter Island statues and Pikachu and Piplup's plan to signal their location was actually really smart; too bad that the storm made it pointless. The school of Mantyke were adorable and the wild Corphish made me miss Ash's.

Pikachu52

It was a little pointless. Nothing really happened except Pikachu and Piplup got lost on an Island - That has happened before. I don't see why they bothered including Deoxys - The DNA Pokémon was only in it for a few minutes at the end and ended up being an anti-climax. And Deoxys has already featured in the anime. Twice.

Pikachu was cute though - especially when he was taking those deep breaths before diving into the water - I don't know why but that was just so cute. Not sure how he was able to hold his breath for so long. He only came up for air once. But I suppose he is a Pokémon. Shouldn't have been able to open his mouth though???

4/10

Last edited:

JudySpell

Banned
Deoxys deserved a better role here truthfully. Why he was used in a stranded Pika & Piplup filler adventure I'll never understand. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hee hee, I liked how the island's group of Nosepass and Probopass fled from the rain and seeing Deoxys emerge from the crystal was cool. I loved seeing a Corphish and some wild Mantykes as well. :]