• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cheers on Castaways Isle! (580)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Pikachu-Piplup Drifting Chronicle!

Finally leaving Iron Island and heading towards Akebi Town, Ash & Dawn find that they've inadvertantly left Pikachu & Piplup on a deserted island and have to go back as soon as possible. Back on the island, Pikachu & Piplup explore and discover that some Corphish & Mantyke are looking after a mysterious yet familiar gem...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

firelovindocker

can someone please tell me how this episode went because these are one of those more interesting fillers

dman_dustin

This episode was weird. Nothing really happened, and felt a lot like a Pikachu short. But there's nothing I really find wrong with it. To be honest it felt like a fresh of breath air.

I suppose the most interesting thing I found was Piplup telling Pikachu not to use thunderbolt underwater or else it fries them. Also Pikachu does iron tail underwater.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Looks like a good episode. Pikachu and Piplup look so cute together! Was the gem Deoxys'?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
QVC PRESENTS: PARADE OF POKEMON MASCOTS TELETHON SALE
Good evening, folks. So glad you could join QVC for our massive liquidation of merchandise featuring everybody’s favorite Pokemon mascots that your children are exposed to every Thursday and tell you to buy.

Is that handmade china bowl featuring art by Van Gogh that you bought from us suddenly making you feel empty? Has the novelty finally worn off that mass-produced gold-plated football we sold you? Have you awoken to the realization that the commemorative mint-condition Obama coin you ordered last week is completely worthless? Well, then good news – these collectibles featuring Pikachu & Piplup’s deserted island adventure are high-quality products you won’t regret buying!

As the episode begins, we see Pikachu & Piplup looking forlorn and yelling out upon the sea. This would be a good time to remind you that all orders are non-refundable, but also that the first item we are selling is a set of wine glasses featuring Pikachu & Piplup stranded. Pure vintage. But, oh look – it’s Ash and Dawn and that other dude who just hangs out in the background. Nobody wants to buy stuff with them on it, so fortunately, the episode cuts right to a flashback of Pikachu & Piplup messing around in the engine rooms. Look at how cute they are! So adorable! Makes you wanna buy this hand-crafted Piplup wind chime, don’t it?

Pikachu & Piplup have now been captured by TR and thrown into a capsule, kinda like a pill. Speaking of which, we’ve got these great pain killers on sale that have Pikachu’s face on the bottle. But they’re a limited-time offer, so buy now before that jackass across the street buys the last one! The duo now runs past a band of Probopass. To commemorate the appearance of such a holy figure in the episode, we are also selling a Probopass-shaped canteen of holy water. This offer only lasts for the next five minutes, however, so hurry!

Pikachu is now picking apples for Piplup; makes you kinda hungry, huh? Well, you’re in luck, as we happen to have a newly-arrived supply of hard candies shaped like Pikachu & Piplup’s heads! Suddenly, the two begin using their bubble and lightning attacks, respectively, to cause a storm. What better time than to show off not only our Piplup bubble bath goods, but our Pikachu night light! This package comes in a bundle, giving you two for the price of one! Now the great Muku.BIRD has appeared in the episode, but no merchandise of the bird is for sale due to the fact that our previous Muku.BIRD clearance sale caused our consumers brain damage.

A mysterious crystal has appeared! At this point, we’d like to inform you all that these crystal figurines of the rat and the penguin are one-of-a-kind, and make great gifts for anyone. The duo has now gone scuba-diving with their assorted water Pokemon friends, and now your kids can, too, with this brand-spanking-new Piplup snorkel kit! That’s right; your kid can now be just as obnoxious as what he sees on TV! Alas, Deoxys has now arisen, and as your kids can tell you, Deoxys is a super-rare-uber-must-have legendary Pokemon, whose goods we are offering at legendary prices! But of course, both this sale and this show are about Pikachu & Piplup, so Deoxys is quite insignificant.

Holy crap, is that Yanmega? We’d sell Yanmega plushies if we could, but unfortunately, people only care about Pikachu & Piplup. As the sun sets and the episode draws to a close, take one last glance at the two forced mascots and think about how badly you want to pinch their adorable little cheeks. And as a bonus, all orders placed today will come with a free keychain featuring the duo, as the writer of this joke review realizes how unnecessarily long it was and how he could have instead been out buying more dolls of Pikachu & Piplup.

We’ll see you next time here on QVC, where we will be selling exclusive merchandise of Steelix and Arcanine, the two secondary mascots of the Pokemon anime.

dman_dustin

We’ll see you next time here on QVC, where we will be selling exclusive merchandise of Steelix and Arcanine, the two secondary mascots of the Pokemon anime.

Um, Arcanine, has had very few anime appearances, about 17 episodes out of all the episodes of Pokemon (and some of those were movie/special appearances of Arcanine) And it only showed up three times in DP. So how's it a mascot?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Um, Arcanine, has had very few anime appearances, about 17 episodes out of all the episodes of Pokemon (and some of those were movie/special appearances of Arcanine) And it only showed up three times in DP. So how's it a mascot?

For a Pokemon never owned by a main cast member, 17 episodes for something like Arcanine is ridiculous. Especially when there's other first gen fire types, like Rapidash for instance, who barely have any appearances in the anime after Kanto.

Porygandrew

For a Pokemon never owned by a main cast member, 17 episodes for something like Arcanine is ridiculous. Especially when there's other first gen fire types, like Rapidash for instance, who barely have any appearances in the anime after Kanto.

to be fair, I count 14 rapidash appearances based on the animedex. That's not exactly "barely" Magcargo has 6 episode/movie appearances.

As for this episode, I was kind of disappointed the egg wasn't a phione egg. Would have been a good way to tie in a couple of fillers.

Last edited:

Blaziryu

Wow! I wasn't expecting to see Deoxys making an appearance in this episode. Dawn should really teach Piplup how to use Rain Dance. It would've been alot easier instead of Pikachu & Piplup making their own rainstorm w/ Thunderbolt & Bubblebeam.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Okay fine, jerks, I'll give you all my proper review, albeit brief. I realize nobody asked, but I know that's what you jerks were all feeling deep inside. Jerks.

This felt less like a "wacky" filler along the lines of Rotom and more like one of those episodes where a bunch of Pokemon are showcased and nothing truly intriguing happens. Most of those end up being okay, and this stayed true to that rule. As pointless as Deoxys felt, its appearance made the latter half of the episode feel a lot less generic. I probably would have preferred Iwane on-deck for another episode, though.

That said, I loved how the cliched "make-storm-with-water-&-lightning" device completely backfired.

Last edited:

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Pikachu & Piplup=ultra cuteness! It's so sweet...and also, Deoxy made an appearance was quite strange.

Dax

Legend
Staravia is so selfish. When the rocks where falling it just flew off and left Ash behind and Deoxys had to save them. Such a loyal pokemon!:p

I loved the episode. The Pochama and Pikachu interaction was really enjoyable. Pochama actually managed to entertain and I loved that Corphish.

Steelia

forever.
Interesting... I'm surprised nothing was really hinted with Deoxys perhaps being introduced via the meteorites in Veilstone. Ah, well.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Muku.BIRD wasn't selfish. He simply flew off so Ash and the Mascots could join him in brain-damaged harmony.

On that note, anyone find it ironic that Deoxys was in Attack Form the whole episode yet worked in all aspects?

mimefan

Banned
So wait, Deoxys was worthless. Seriously, for a legendary he didn't do an awful lot just became like everyone else and bowed down to the spawn of Satan himself Hitlup, seriously by what it looks like in the pictures it just looked like The Island of Giant Pokémons ugly little brother which disrupts everyone and sends us pictures of pocha.FORCED MASCOT AKA Hitler. King of the nazis. Also join us next week for POKEMON THREESOME, DECISIVE BATTLE.

Last edited:

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
On that note, anyone find it ironic that Deoxys was in Attack Form the whole episode yet worked in all aspects?

Not Really, Since it appeared in Defense form when it protected the weak Humans from its own dam rocks & i am sure I saw it in Speed form too as it sped around protecting the now semi-worthwhile appearance of them Mantyke from the same falling rocks.

Overall however an enjoyable episode. I enjoyed Deoxy's here, and the ;476; cameo was a nice touch.

I also loved how Buizel pushed infront of that Corphish when it apprived the the Mascots location. It was almost like Buizel was trying to say "Ok guys forget Corphish, his old news, I am now the water Pokemon daddy, and I am here to stay, bring on the next gym and i'll show you what I can do for the 100th time"

I'm sorry, guys, but I can think of better ways to introduce Mantyke *coughtrainerbattlescough*

And with the way Deoxys appeared made it look like it hatched from the gem (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm yet to see the actual episode, I've just seen the pics posted earlier this morning [As 00:24 was technically 24 minutes in today, from looking at the update]).

I'm sorry, but, no; this is the sort of filler I hate.