• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chemtrails: Myth or Malady?

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
What do you think of this popular conspiracy theorist claim?

A contrail is the cloudy trail that a jet leaves in its wake. "Chemtrail" is lingo for a trail that is supposed to have dangerous chemicals in it, and lingers for hours and/or disperses into fluffy trailing clouds that turn the sky grey.

The official story on this seems to be that contrails just last longer than they used to, and there is not necessarily anything peculiar about that.

It should be noted that California's governments have sprayed chemicals over neighborhoods for testing purposes, like insecticides. Apparently many places in the U.S. and U.K. have done the same thing.

There is the possibility that contrails are simply filled with pollutants, and there is no conspiracy behind it, but it's still corruptive toward people's health.

Most theorists seem to agree that chemtrails contain traces of barium, which raises blood pressure and causes heart problems, and various other chemicals that increase allergies.

Video for Myth (Discovery Channel): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVFuOZu7Xhg&feature=related
Video for Malady: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VLNNwiKvlE

Lucos

Myth. Period. End of threat. I can't believe people even believe this nonsense that's based on nothing. I bet those people who believe in chemtrails are the same people who believe that the Illuminati rules over the world without us knowing it... -_-

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Myth. Period. End of threat. I can't believe people even believe this nonsense that's based on nothing. I bet those people who believe in chemtrails are the same people who believe that the Illuminati rules over the world without us knowing it... -_-

Some of them are the same people, some aren't. Generalizing a tad, aren't you?

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
Myth. Period. End of threat. I find it difficult to believe people even believe this nonsense that's based on an evident lack of substantial evidence. I am inclined to believe people who believe in chemtrails might be the same people who believe that the Illuminati rules over the world without us knowing it... -_-

Yeah, I don't have an opinion. It's late and I'm tired.