• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chess Discussion

Myrrh

I know how to play, but I never win against the computer on Chess Titans. It is on the lowest difficulty, and it usually goes down to 1-3 pieces each in the end, but I can't win. I guess I don't know how to play to win, does't help that I don't really think before I make my move of have any sort of strategy.

Fenix

Tremulant
I learned how to play when I was like 8-9, from my cousin who was a couple of years older. He was decent so I basically served as his training dummy. Obviously when you lose every game you grow to hate the game, so to spice things up and keep me interested we would come up with weird variations, like cramming all the pieces in one of the corners and playing diagonally, stuff like that.

My favourite variation was one where we would separate the board in half (it was one of those portable chessboards that closes from the middle) and then to move pieces from one half to the other you had to "ride" the horses. Ah, fun times.

Learned chess when I was 7 from my aunt and have played ever since, placed in a provincial tournament. But I'm not afraid to admit that the computer chess simulator has beat me more than afew times xD

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I learned how to play when I was like 8-9, from my cousin who was a couple of years older. He was decent so I basically served as his training dummy. Obviously when you lose every game you grow to hate the game, so to spice things up and keep me interested we would come up with weird variations, like cramming all the pieces in one of the corners and playing diagonally, stuff like that.

Me too! Except my dad taught me, and I was horrible, too.
One of my favorite variations involves getting my special 12x12 board, and putting each of the pieces in regular position but two away from the edges of the board, and acting as though the two sides wrapped around each other. It's kind of hard to explain, though. :)

DragonTrainerSilver

<-- Starving dragon
I have been playing chess since I was 7 and usually beat computer's at chess until recently I was beaten in 5 moves by an "advanced" chess program that was set on extra hard mode. Really that's all I have to say about chess.

Draco.

Dragon Master.
in my school we have a thing caled: Chess 4, every class in 4th grade, can be in that competition.
i never won xD

now im in 9th grade

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
Chess... isn't really something you can casually discuss, is it?

What! *RAGE FACE* How can you say something like that?! Chess is just like Pokemon, a battle of minds and tactics between two people! Learning to adapt and overthrow the techniques of your opponent! There are secret combinations of moves that only the most skilled Chess players know, other common tactics can be discussed in threads like this one. We can share are most exciting Chess moments here: are TRIUMPHS and our DISASTERS!

So to answer your question, my friend:

Yes, you can discuss Chess.

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
ah chess my first love i remember age 4 beening force to play it over time i learn to love it. the tactics and nothing as quite a satisfying a see the opponent realising the last 3 to 5 turn were all set up for this one moment and they played right in to it. and hit and run tactics oh the joy of it all i haven't play in long time now shame

Chidori__O

What! *RAGE FACE* How can you say something like that?! Chess is just like Pokemon, a battle of minds and tactics between two people! Learning to adapt and overthrow the techniques of your opponent! There are secret combinations of moves that only the most skilled Chess players know, other common tactics can be discussed in threads like this one. We can share are most exciting Chess moments here: are TRIUMPHS and our DISASTERS!

So to answer your question, my friend:

Yes, you can discuss Chess.

Ahmen my friend. You could have just said it's like pokemon except more intellect is required.

TheEliteEmpoleon

in my school we have a thing caled: Chess 4, every class in 4th grade, can be in that competition.
i never won xD

now im in 9th grade

That made me remember when I was in fourth grade, every day that we had indoor recess (raining, snowing, etc.) we always played chess, and I always destroyed everyone. Good times...

arceus03

Awww, chess :3

How serious are you with chess? For me, I know a few tactics, but I never bother to memorize openings and such. I vaguely remember a few famous ones, like Sicilian, but I never knew the sequence after the 2nd move. XD

So yeah. I'd consider myself pretty good with chess, but not tournament-level good. As for chess games, I prefer playing with a friend compared to a computer because the computer seems to see through all your tricks >_>

Has anyone ever tried Chess960? (I believe that's the correct number... lol)

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I tried chess once. I did not understand it...

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Chess raises my sims' logic skill.
But not mine

Whitn3y

Pretty Princ3ss!
Not really. I'm pretty sure it involved my bishop, because I always get those out first. That and a stupid move on my dad's side.

I'd say what happened was, he moved his Kings Pawn forward and your bishop and Queen (or other bishop) were staring at the opening like a big V and it's pretty much checkmate from there.

Looker

ϟ ゜゚⊹(o◕⋏◕o)⊹゜゚ ϟ
I used to love playing chess as a kid! I was part of the club in my school even. We held tournaments and had lots of fun, as lame as that sounded to other kids ahaha.

That was years ago though, and I was just a kid. No one nowadays wants to play with me, so my lovely chess set just goes to waste, really. :C