• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chessshipping (Hilbert x Hilda) General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyssonrose

a chessshipper.
^ There isn't a name for their manga counterparts yet- they're adorable there though! *squees*

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
@alysonnrose, I thought they were going to be called Black and White in the manga. All the other characters (Red, Sapphire, Pearl) were named after their corresponding games.

alyssonrose

a chessshipper.
@ Dan The Poke Man Oh no, I was talking about the ship name for their counterparts. ^^; Sorry about that - you are right, they are named Black and White.

Legendary Dreams

And while we'll on that topic, I'm pushing for it (Pokemon Special Black x White) to be called "AgencyShipping" (and seriously, I can't think of a better name than that. Adding a "manga" in front of it is boring and won't do it justice.)

And I intend to take "PokabuShipping" for Poka x Bubu (Well it belongs to Black & White, so I suppose it wouldn't derail the thread too much).

Touya and Touko are already adorably cute in static art. Black and White brings it to a whole new level.

alyssonrose

a chessshipper.
I love Agencyshipping for the ship between Black and White. It's pretty much perfect.

Black and White's interactions are just so ADORABLE in the manga. White was really funny when she's talking to herself and thinks she's been saying his name too much.

Vycksta

Guys, even though they are the manga counterparts, Black and White are not the two involved in Chessshipping. That would be their gameverse counterparts, the named-three-days-ago Blair and Whitlea.

TL;DR stay on topic.

alyssonrose

a chessshipper.
Blair and...*cringes* Whitlea.

STILL LOVE THE SHIP.

Oh, kay, Vycksta - sorry 'bout that.

alyssonrose

a chessshipper.
I kind of like Blair, but Whitlea...earns a mixed reaction from me. I really don't like it.

How would be Blair react if he ever saw Whitlea in a dress?

I will respond to this with a short drabble. XD

The brunet male grinned as he ran a hand through his messy hair. Whitlea felt her cheeks flush under his curious gaze, as she clasped her hands in wait for his response. He nodded and ruffled the girl's long hair.
"You look great, 'Lea."

So he would basically grin, and blush, and like, act super moe. In my head-canon, he calls Whitlea 'Lea' because that's short for Whitlea. So yay.

*bricked*

CuriousHeartless

Yeah, this is one of the only ships I support, and they are just so cute together. I quite like their names and just wish that we could get some personality about them. I think that Black mught start breaking out the innuendos if he saw Lea in a dress, he is an american teenage boy after all. And Lea would probably call him a perv and then change the dress up a little to show off more cleavage. Yeah, i am so playing on stereotypes here.

sun hearts

Sun catcher
I kind of like Blair, but Whitlea...earns a mixed reaction from me. I really don't like it.

I will respond to this with a short drabble. XD

The brunet male grinned as he ran a hand through his messy hair. Whitlea felt her cheeks flush under his curious gaze, as she clasped her hands in wait for his response. He nodded and ruffled the girl's long hair.
"You look great, 'Lea."

So he would basically grin, and blush, and like, act super moe. In my head-canon, he calls Whitlea 'Lea' because that's short for Whitlea. So yay.

*bricked*

OMg That was CUTE!!!! :D What a nice drabble *faints*
Oh I like the nickname blair gave her :D

alyssonrose

a chessshipper.
I suppose it depends on the dress.

But if it was a wedding dress, surely he'd die.

He would die and the fangirls would would die squee-ing.

The end. XDD

Thanks sun hearts~~ :D I'm glad you liked it. ^^

Gah...I am so out of practise with the whole "answering shipping thread topics" thing. @_@ Well...I suppose, given Whitlea's usual mode of dress, Blair would be very surprised to see her dressed so...girlishly. But pleasantly surprised; he'd get all nervous and blush a lot, offering a few stammered attempts at compliments, which Whitlea would happily accept, not being used to such flattering talk from him.

On another note...where exactly were their English names revealed? I never saw them on the front page, and they're not listed on Bulbapedia, either.

alyssonrose

a chessshipper.
On another note...where exactly were their English names revealed? I never saw them on the front page, and they're not listed on Bulbapedia, either.

They were revealed on the Black and White Mall Tour. :D

Legendary Dreams

I'm going to take some time to get adjusted to these names.

Whitlea's a pretty unusual name.

Blair would take longer for me to adjust to, though. The only other place I've seen this name was on a female character, so its going to take quite a bit of time before my mind reads it as a name for both genders.

Not going to affect my fandom though.

And once the naming for the manga pairings get through (they're on polling now), it'll be a good idea to start a thread for it. We (or at least I) have lots to discuss there. For now, back to the game pairing.

alyssonrose

a chessshipper.
Yes, we have a lot to discuss about the manga pairing. You should start the tread, Legendary~~

Whitlea is an unusual name. Is it even a name?
I kind of like Blair, but that doesn't help the fact that Blair Waldorf of Gossip Girl fame is the first thing I think about when approached with the name Blair.

So yeah. Haha~~ I have a fanart dump to organize! *flees*

Remmie

Guys, even though they are the manga counterparts, Black and White are not the two involved in Chessshipping. That would be their gameverse counterparts, the named-three-days-ago Blair and Whitlea.

TL;DR stay on topic.

I never saw them being named. The last time characters where named were the Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, the Champion and N's father but they didn't say a thing about the english names of Touko and Touya. The names are kind of weird. Isn't Blair suppose to be a girl name? I speak French, english is the second language I've learn so I'm kind of lost here.

I never saw them being named. The last time characters where named were the Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, the Champion and N's father but they didn't say a thing about the english names of Touko and Touya. The names are kind of weird. Isn't Blair suppose to be a girl name? I speak French, english is the second language I've learn so I'm kind of lost here.
You and me both. But according to alyssonrose, the names were revealed at the Black and White Mall Tour thingy going on in the US, which was apparently not big enough to make any of the major Pokemon news sites...but, hey, as long as there's a source now, I'm willing to buy it. And yes, "Blair" kinda confused me at first, but I'm fairly certain it's a unisex name...

Alyssonrose said:
Whitlea is an unusual name. Is it even a name?

So yeah. Haha~~ I have a fanart dump to organize! *flees*
I know "Whitley" is a real name, so I can assume that "Whitlea" is simply an intentional corruption, perhaps in order to make it look more feminine.

And wow, really?! =D Go and do it, then~!

Status
Not open for further replies.