• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chibi never finishes pixels

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
It's true. :/ I have too many works-in-progress to count.

Arceus3-a.png

This one is soooooo old. I really need to get around to finishing it--I stopped because I was revamping my shading style because someone commented that my old style had been done to death and I should try something new. So I started using this more interesting high-contrast style instead. I just...got stuck.

Charizard3.png

This one has been through some roadblocks. The file got corrupted while I was working on it, so I took a screencap of my progress. But when a program stops responding in Windows 7, everything sort of fades to white, so it took me a while to restore it. I also really don't know if I want to continue with the textured look or not.

Mewtwo-1.png

What was my current project until I got a summer job and started writing my fanfic more often. The one on the right is from 3 years ago. I was appalled by its stiff, lifeless pose and boring shading, and had to redo it.

And then wtf is this.
Shaymin.png

A W.I.P OF A W.I.P. That is just too ridiculous for words. I already have a massive pile of works in progress, and then I feel the need to add another to the list?

The one on the right is from 3 years ago, when Skymin had just been revealed, and everyone and their mom was making sprites of it. I got kinda bored of it and let it rot unfinished in my sprites folder. Then the other day I was looking at it and highly disappointed in the lifeless pose (it looks more like it's floating vaguely in that position rather than actually springing into action) and underwhelming shading, so I had to make a new one.

As you can see, it's very near completion, except I cannot for the life of me figure out how to shade flat things, so I'm kind of stuck on the wings. Any advice would be appreciated!

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Well then...

I guess I'd better post something more...complete. :/

Scratch Devamps. Yeah, that's a bit of an oxymoron. Palkia is my favorite.
Lucario_RB.png
Dialga_RB.png
Palkia_RB.png
Reshiram_RB.png

Aaaand, some GS-style
Riolu_GS.png
Lucario_GS.png

And then I made this. :3
lucario_gameboy_stat_screen_gs_by_chibi_pika-d3hbbst.gif

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Exxmaniac

Shapoopi!
Holy tack. (?)
These are very well made! I especially love the shading on Arceus! Well, the parts you shaded anyway. :p I really hope you get the inspiration to continue on it.

As for the devamps, if you were going for RBY style, they're WAY to clean. Their outlines should be a bit messier, and Reshiram looks like it's being shoved into a box.

For the GS Lucario Line, they look astounding! My only problems I see are the tails, as they look overly fat (although that's just me), and Lucario's left leg has very straight outlines. The pokedex is a nice touch! (IWANT A SHINY POKERUS-RIDDEN LUCARIO! Sorta. :p)

Other than that, I'm just wondering why Arceus's neck is next to Mewtwo's head.

martinzelda

Right. On. Time.
hey that is awesome work, i do love every last one of em, and you my friend are a patient and perfectionist guy, by all means in a good way

keep on doin that