• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chihayafuru 2

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
[img300]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg84/TotalPotato/Chihayafuru2_zpsde320bea.jpg[/img300]​

Passionate to the point of obsession, Chihaya's hobby of choice is the Japanese poetry card game known as karuta. Much of the world is turned off by her devotion to such an obscure game, but those who get to know her are drawn in by her energy and tendency to wear her heart on her sleeve. Though the members of Chihaya's karuta club may be varied in their personalities and their ways of playing and enjoying the game, they all grow as players, as people and as friends through karuta. Combining the beauty of poetry with the intensity of a lightning-paced card game in a fresh way with each new match, Chihayafuru returns for Chihaya's second year at Mizusawa High!

It was pretty criminal that the first season didn't have its own thread if you ask me, so I thought I'd get in now with this one. If you didn't already know, I am really hyped for this second season of Chihayafuru, and it starts on Friday! From the poster, it looks like the club will have a couple of new faces this time around, so I'm excited to find out what kind of people they are. And Chihaya looks gorgeous in that hakama, so I hope it turns out to be more than a promotional piece!

Last edited:

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Huh. I can see it just fine. I just edited it, but I'll use the blurrier MAL poster if you still can't see it.

EDIT: Never mind, I just put it on Photobucket to be certain.

Last edited:

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Was going to start a thread for his.

So excited for the second season, hopefully it can live up to the first.

It will be interesting to see how well the two new characters fit into the group.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
[img139]http://oi45.*******.com/k2mxa8.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://oi50.*******.com/119t0ki.jpg[/img139]

Sumire is voiced by Han Megumi (Gon in the new Hunter x Hunter).

Akihiro is voiced by Irino Miyu (Haru in Tsuritama).

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
[img139]http://oi45.*******.com/k2mxa8.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://oi50.*******.com/119t0ki.jpg[/img139]

Sumire is voiced by Han Megumi (Gon in the new Hunter x Hunter).

Akihiro is voiced by Irino Miyu (Haru in Tsuritama).

Mmmmm, dat casting.

Xionea

Half a centaur
I don't plan to finish the first season by the time season 2 starts airing. Looks like I won't be part of the discussion.

Although you guys may hype this up so much that I'll get a bit of motivation to catch up. Never know.

Five seconds is all it took to suck me back into the full breathtaking immersion that is watching Chihayafuru. I can't really say much other than that I am just so damn happy to have it back.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Aaaah, I love these characters. My favourite bit was when Chihaya was all smiley at the first years, then suddenly yelled "I'm the ace!!" when one of them made a jab at her skill! I also like how they played with Taichi being putty in Chihaya's hands - Chihaya being totally oblivious, of course.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
It must be Hell being Taichi. Every girl that sees him instantly falls head over heels for his looks... EXCEPT THE ONE THAT HE WANTS TO.

Second season is off to a beautiful start. The first episode wasn't too "reintroducey" which is something I was worrying about. The introduction of Sumire was well done and they left time to meet the other guy later on which was a smart move. And humor was of course spot-on.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
It was so god damn good to see Chihayafuru back, great first episode, though was there really any doubting that? I'm quite excited to see some side characters re-appearing now, especially Sudou. I also can't wait to see Chihaya just being herself, easily one of my favourite anime characters.

I really like the fact that 99radioservice has done the OP again, although I think Youthful was better, I still think its a nice touch.
It must be Hell being Taichi. Every girl that sees him instantly falls head over heels for his looks... EXCEPT THE ONE THAT HE WANTS TO.

Unfortunately for everyone Chihaya is in love with karuta, and will likely end up legally marrying a card game, or Arata. Both possibilities.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I really like the fact that 99radioservice has done the OP again, although I think Youthful was better, I still think its a nice touch.

It was the same artist? Awesome, though I liked Youthful better too.

Unfortunately for everyone Chihaya is in love with karuta, and will likely end up legally marrying a card game, or Arata. Both possibilities.

Poor Taichi.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I'm enjoying the introductions of Hanano and Tsukuba much more than the introductions of Kana, Desktomu and Porky in the first season. Not because I like them more as individuals - more because it feels less formulaic and manages to distribute the screentime more evenly among the characters.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Mmm I love the taste of character development in the morning. And with this show it's like I'm having a steak dinner!

Looking at all the characters they've grown so much in just one year. Desktomu, Chihaya, Kana, even that not-so-grouchy-anymore old lady. Not only that but the new characters are getting tons of development.

I was really rooting for the new guy to win, even though he had no chance.

Oh, and apparently this is Peko-chan.