• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chikorita's Big Upset! (138)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Chikorita's Big Upset!

After trying to return it from a battle in favour of Pikachu, Chikorita stays in battle and gets injured. At the Pokémon Center, Nurse Joy tells Ash that Chikorita is jealous of Pikachu. At night Pikachu tries making ammends with Chikorita but it runs off with Pikachu trying to get it back. Can Ash find Pikachu and Chikorita before Team Rocket spot them?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Sebok

Banned
This could really have used subtitles like Island of the Giant Pokemon. They also could have refered to Chikorita by name since she's obviously a female. But overall, not bad.

P

PokeFan4Ever7783

I think in this one episode I could've smacked until the cows come home. He's really so dense that he doesn't know what Chikorita's problem is??? and his reaction when Nurse Joy tells him that Chikorita thinks Ash cares more for Pikachu than it was really kind of cold. He just says "poor Chikorita." I don't know if that was saying it is true but I feel sorry for it or what. But I thought it was kind of well not nice! Poor Chikorita can't for once another Pokemon get the same amount of attention as Pikachu? I felt so sorry for it. It just wanted a little affection. and I don't think Chikorita getting to ride on Ash's shoulder at the end was the way to make amends.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode has one of my favorite lines on the show of all time- "You mean there's some kind of new pokemon called therapy?" :D It cracks me up every time I hear it. I miss those dumb Ash moments sometimes.

I'm glad that Chikorita was able to get more under control with this episode. I love how she has a crush on Ash, but at least she started having a better attitude. :) I liked Team Rocket's machine in this episode too, which was at least a bit different from their usual metal ones.

Last edited:
P

PokeTrainer7783

Ash's stupidity never ceases to amaze me sometimes. and then whet it evolved into Bayleef he still treated it like crap. He should be so lucky that (not including Pikachu) another one of his Pokemon likes him so much. This episode was good but Ash was just a big jerk!

Chikorita is one of my favorite pokemon because It likes Ash and Pikachu seams to get in its way. I also love how Ash says, "You mean there's some kind of new pokemon called psychology?" It's funny everytime he says that.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
There are couple of things about the episode that really put me off:
1) Meowth's attitude
2) Brock's constant flirting towards Nurse Joy

Adam_stm

Even though Chikorita wasn't jealous of Pikachu anymore, there were still times in the later episodes where it tries to get Ash's attention

squirtleboy12

christian 4ever
there are jealous of each other ash should have carry chiko with him to keep it happy so...

ash and pikachu 0/10
chiko parts 10/10

Lol, I love this one, the TireBot is so ridiculously funny, and we got a see a "different" Nurse Joy

Battra

A nice episode focusing on Chikorita and its relationship with Ash and Pikachu. It's nice to see a Joy that's different from the others and is not just a nurse but also has a degree in Pokemon Pysch, I got a laugh out of Brock always flirting with her. It would have been nice to see some subtitles for when Pikachu and Chikorita were talking or at least have Meowth their to translate.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
I also liked that they actually changed this Joy's look a bit, adding glasses and a different hairstyle.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I love Chikorita and it constantly got shafted by Ash in favour of Pikachu.

No wonder it was jealous.

Torpoleon

How could Ash not see Chikorita was jealous of Pikachu? It is pretty obvious.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I really liked this episode. Chikorita is my favorite pokemon! I was glad that Ash was using Chikorita in the beginning to battle the Raticate, as it needs to gain some experience. But I still wonder how Ash never realized that Chikorita was jealous of Pikachu. He already knew Chikorita had a crush on him, and that should have told him right there. And when Ash says, "There is a new pokemon called therapy!?", that made me laugh. I wish we could understand what Pikachu and Chikorita were talking about though. I also liked the new version of Nurse Joy...but Brock's flirting kind of started bothering me towards the end. I also thought Team Rocket's new robot was a little weird. However, I'm glad they got the jealousy thing settled, but Ash needs to do more then let Chikorita ride on his shoulder.

Last edited: