• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Childhood Heros

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
What is this elusive beast? A thread by Nemmeh? Never.

Anyway, in this thread, I wish to discuss who our heros were while we were growing up. I'll begin.

When I was a little girl, I wanted to be like Billie Holiday, Joplin, Morticia Adams, and the woman that Queen is singing about in the song "Killer Queen."

I also admired Tolkien, Lovecraft, (<-still do, those two) and John Paul Jones (bass player for Led Zeppelin).

So, who did you look up to?

~Nemmeh

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
I used to watch a lot of wrestling in middle school and I wanted to be like Stone Cold Steve Austin!
When I was younger I was (still am) a big Fan of Godzilla he kicked a-s in first grade I'd pretend fight with my school friends and I always picked Godzilla.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I liked the Power Rangers.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
When I was like 6, it was Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park.

Blame Papercut.

Dennis Bergkamp, former Arsenal and Holland forward, he was a legend for both club and country

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Ash Ketchum. Honestly.

Just with a name change.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to be William Brown. A.k.a. fictional character from the William series of books by Richmal Crompton.

Last edited:

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
I'm 13 and I have none.

Eivana

There Is No NiGHTS!
When I was younger I wanted more than anything to be Jacqueline Natla from Tomb Raider 1.

Grounder from AoStH (One of the Sonic Cartoons). He was my favorite character in the show (Other then Robotnik, with Scratch being 3rd favorite, Sonic being 4th and Tails being tied with Sonic). I even have a Profile Picture of Grounder doing his Stupidest Act, Homage to the Nincombot, Grounder.

Arceus94

When I was little, my biggest idol was Britney Spears. (No h8 please)

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
When I was younger I wanted more than anything to be Jacqueline Natla from Tomb Raider 1.
Well...that's one I've never heard before :D

Mine were Sailor Moon, and Sonic the Hedgehog. :/