• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Childhood

richard

Fire Master
To be honest, I miss a part of my childhood. I miss spending time outside with the neighbors. But there are some things that I do not want to relive. I get picked because I was shorter than everyone in class.:/

Empoleon Bonaparte

I find it funny that almost everyone had a great childhood; playing outside with friends, staring at the sunset, wearing flowers in their hair, blah blah blah. Maybe it's me, but society asks a lot more from kids now. To be honest, I haven't had real fun in a long time.

But at least it can't get worse than living in Haiti.

TomChomp

There's no denying it that during childhood is a lot of fun, but unfortionately, you grow up and get interested into other things.

I also think it's funny how when you are 5-10 years old, you really do not want a boyfriend/girlfriend in your life, but after, it changes!

Last edited:

Mawile412

Problem
i miss some of my childhood...

My early childhood was great. I always got what i wanted, i had lots of family that loved me, and i went on fabulous vacations to London, Mexico, the Caribbean. my favorite was disney world, went twelve times, one time we went twice in the same month.

Then my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. i was around 10 at the time and didnt really understand. My family(grandmother, aunts, uncles. etc) started to drift away and now we don't really talk to them anymore. My parents began fighting alot, once it got physical. My parents also started drinking again, which i really didn't like at the time. My dad was arrested once for drunk driving(i was in the car with him, scariest thing in my life). i rode home in a police car.

today, i'm pretty happy. My mom beat cancer and my dad quit drinking. They're now happily in love, how do i know? my bedroom is next to their's and the walls aren't very thick ;)

well... that's my childhood

scarecrow_stitches

blissfully dead
Hell yeah I miss childhood... The freedom, the innocence, the blissful ignorance, not knowing how messed up this world really is... Yeah, it was great but I try not to dwell on the past because it's depressing.

yeminied

I was playing with toys in science in my first year of high school when I realised that I really missed childhood. There was so much joy in the world, everything was perfect and nothing bad happened to you. You could make your own fun and make friends with everybody when ... I started asking questions.

I found out that not everybody was as nice a person as I used to think. Suddenly the world was not perfect and filled with sunshine. I couldn't make my own fun anymore and play with anything I wanted to. People were selfish and I worked out that just because someone was nice to your face didn't necessarily mean they really thought that way about you.

Hell yeah I miss childhood. You were innocent and oblivious to the world and everything was good and happy. I think I had a great childhood and feel really sorry for those that had a terrible childhood.

For those children on this forum. Make the most of your childhood. It's so short and no matter how hard you try you can't truly bring it back.

Profesco

gone gently
I'm just a little curious about the great number of people here saying that being a child made them see the world as perfect and fun and easy and sunshiny and whatnot. It's sounding a bit like those people lived their childhoods in the Garden of Eden or something. I mean I didn't have an awful one - it was actually pretty nice - but even as a kid it wasn't impossible to see the realities of the world... was it?

Frankly, I think you guys are remembering your childhoods through rose-colored glasses. And for me to point that finger is extremely unusual. =X

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
My childhood was sheltered. Very sheltered :/ I've had to do an awful lot of living in the past couple of months to make up for lost time, which was fun.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
My chilhood was awesome, considering I was in Germay when I was 3. I'm still a child now, but I'm going back to the less than 8-years old days.

*cough* I was born in Portsmouth, Virginia. I never only met my grandfather (mothers' side) 1-3 times, but I was about 1, so I get no memories of hi . But my other grandfather died before I was born at all. We went alot of places when I was young, we went to California, where we went to Disneyland/world, and lived there for quite awhile, I went to pre-school in Germany, and my best friend was Debra, although I'm not sure if she's German or not.

Rest of my story in the next post I make here.

Hm, my childhood was good in the aspect of friends, but homelife was more or less of a disaster. I lived in California for the majority of my childhood and went to a private school, so I guess that made me naive of people my age. My mom had a habit of dating guys who went to jail, so I guess that made me cynical of adults. Then my mom went to Vegas and got married >_> The marriage and divorce ended up destroying her credit and forced us to move to the lousy ol' South.
So I guess I honestly don't miss my childhood. The bad outweighed the good.

I do miss some aspects of my childhood. I miss 10 and before at my old house/neighborhood. I took a lot for granted. Didn't spend enough time outside playing.

colbie

i really miss childhood..for me that is the best chapter in one's life..that time was the best for me because i have no problem..i eat sleep and play..but noe i have lots of responsibility..i need to work for my self and for my family..unlike when i was a kid i have no worries because i have my family who will give me all i need!;107;

Viridian's Yellow

Mmm~♪ Hmm~♪
i miss my childhood.then again it just because i dont wanna study.i rather play

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I miss it. Everything was a lot more exciting back then. I used to get so worked up for holidays and stuff. I would get so into my imaginary games. At the risk of sounding cheesy, those things felt magical. Now... everything is just kind of blah. Also... I miss not having any responsibilities. I didn't ever study when I was in elementary school. I just did my homework, and that was it. But the better parts of my childhood lasted into middle school, so... There are things I like better now. I mean, I actually have friends, and I'm really close to them.

But... I definitely had anxieties then, but they seemed farther away. Now, it's just me and my dad, and my dad's 79... I'm closer to my dad than I am to anyone else, and I don't have a lot of people I can depend on. I mean, I have relatives I could stay with, but I don't really feel close to any of them. My aunt's really nice to me, but I don't think I could have much of an intellectual conversation with her. And my friends aren't independent yet, or they're starting to build their own lives, so I couldn't depend on them. I worry about being left alone and emotionally isolated. Plus, when my dad dies, I'll probably have to leave my home, too, and I've never moved before. I get an awful feeling sometime that everything I know is coming to an end. Ha, that sounds so emo. But I do have reason to feel that way.

Last edited:

Dynamite

Muahhh !
For me being a 12 year old kid, my life right now is pretty much enjoyable. Except it does worry me a tiny bit how my childhood is slowing slipping away. Like before, I didn't care about high school, or boys (Okay, I don't care that much about them, but it happens!), or if I bombed a test. Before, I used to live in my own world. Not necessarily rainbows and unicorns and smiliey faces 24/7, but it was pretty innocent and carefree.

Then it all started in grade six, which was only last year. I sat next to some kids that knew more about the real world than I did, and I learned a few things from them, like learning that friends did backstab each other, which I found kind of suprising, because they're friends. And from my teacher, who've taught me that if I want my thoughts heard, I'll have to be loud and clear, otherwise people will just go with their own thoughts. Sure, that would involve some arguing, but for me that's a part of stepping away from being shy and growing up.

And now currently, the seventh grade. The Intermeditate zone. The preparation for high school, which would get myself ready for the real world. In this grade, nobody will hold your hand once you get around to the middle of the year. You're on your own, and if you don't do your homework, the teachers won't seriously care. It'll also pile up. And that's the reality kicking in, on how not everything will be smooth sailing like when you were younger. That there's responsibilities.

So yeah, I'm kinda scared of leaving my beloved childhood with it's reassurance and everything, but at the same time I'm excited to move on.

Last edited: