• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Children of Legend Redux (Discussion)

Pyroli

Banned
Children of Legend Redux
- Discussion Thread -
Approved by Psychic

[video=youtube;tOA1NdhjswI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOA1NdhjswI[/video]

| Plot |
All worlds need their legends, everyone needs something to believe in; no matter how factual that thing may be. Legends and fables are passed through all generations, from meager cave drawings of fantastical beasts, to the large temples where worship of these beasts took place. All legends have flaws and are often criticized by those around them in their small details, some legends are just much too far-fetched to actually believe. However, there is one legend that has never been questioned and that legend is about the great and powerful Pokemon, Arceus.

Arceus is known in legend to have created everything we now know today, all the Pokemon, our natural world, and even the other legends around himself. Arceus was known to create the entities of emotion which taught humanity how to feel, the guardians of time and space, the embodiments of the weather, and the lower gods of life and death. Arceus is the embodiment of all legends and the collective god and leader of the entire Pokemon universe.

The legends that were created by Arceus took to their duties, the weathered trio guarded the land, lakes, and skies; the emotion trio taught humans willpower, feelings, and knowledge, and Xerneas and Yveltal maintained their struggle in balancing life and death. Together all of the legends of our world formed a Counsel of Legends, as they called themselves, and vowed to protect the world that they had made, the world that was now heavily populated with humankind and pokemonkind alike. However, all was not well in the counsel. Xerneas had begun to worry that death would overtake the land, killing everything that she had worked so hard to maintain. However. Yveltal argued that things had to be this way, or the old would remain here forever and never leave anything for the young and fruitful generation. The other legends agreed and attempted to get Xerneas to see the light of their ideals but she refused, storming out of the counsel, never to be seen again. However before she left she uttered a very powerful prophecy for all of the counsel legends to hear, including Arceus himself.

“Eighteen children will be born on XX/XX/20XX, all by normal means, to normal homes. Each will be fueled by the power of an element, given life by the storm that rages inside them. Before their eighteenth birthday I will visit them, awakening that power that rests within; and they will make their way here to stop every single one of you in your tracks. These children will be strong, with Pokemon at their side and they will bring the end of this era, the end of the legends.”

After uttering these words Xerneas stole a glance at her sister legend, Yveltal, before storming away. The legends scoffed at Xerneas’ words, knowing full well that no such prophecy of that magnitude had existed before now, however Yveltal knew that change was coming and Yveltal had to find a way to act to stop this insanity. Yveltal pleaded to the other legends and implored them to seek out a child of the prophecy before Xerneas’ influence encompassed them, the legends were skeptical at first, but knew of Yveltal’s power to see destruction. Arceus granted a blessing to the eighteen children, giving them caretakers in the form of Pokemon that would aid them in their quest. However, Arceus made one fatal flaw and did not pre-warn the guardians about Xerneas, nor of Xerneas’ betrayal to the counsel. Arceus then chose eighteen of his most trusted legends to set out and guide the children in the fight against Xerneas, he just prayed that they found the children before she did.

| Setting |
The RPG begins with the children rumored in the legend all making their way to Celestic Town within the Sinnoh region, as this is the location of the ancient ruins which tell the tale of the creation myth. Once the children have met up at this location they will begin to explore the world to find themselves more, but during this time they may encounter friends and foes alike. The location of the Counsel of Legends is unknown however the assigned mentors to the children are trying desperately to locate them quickly before Xerneas is able to corrupt them with her influence.

The RPG is modern, taking place in the current era meaning most of the children have cellphones and other electronic gadgets of the sort. Some may even have special interests in technology, and be able to operate things with ease.

| Information |
Guardians: Guardians are assigned to special children of legend by Arceus himself. These Pokemon are of the respective types of the children they are assigned to and coached in the language that the children are most familiar with. They're tasked to protect and guide the children throughout their quest and as such, they must be able to communicate with the children and help them with anything and everything they may need assistance with, as well as maintain a close bond with their assigned humans.

Mentors: Legendary Pokemon handpicked by Arceus to help the children understand their abilities and strengthen them to help fight against any challenges that the children may face during their quest. These are normally of the same type as the children unless a special exception must be made, like in the case of the Poison child. These legends wish to help the children better understand themselves but also do not want to disobey Arceus' orders.

Counsel of Legends: A circle of all the currently awakened legends of the Pokemon world, lead by Arceus. These legends discuss all current events and work as a team to keep the world of humans and Pokemon safe and functioning properly, they're all knowing and somewhat imposing.
Currently Active Legendaries in the Counsel: Arceus and Yveltal

NPCS
Yveltal: Strong-willed and knowledgeable, fears what her counterpart Xerneas could do now that she's betrayed the counsel. Wants the best for the children that Xerneas talked about, however, doesn't know why Arceus didn't mention this legend sooner.

Xerneas: Compassionate and headstrong. Wishes all beings had eternal life and weren't doomed to wither away with age after a certain period of time, wants the children to fight with her to help her gain this right, as she can't take on an entire counsel by herself.

Arceus: All knowing and powerful, is extremely displeased with Xerneas' actions as he knows if she gains her wishes it will upset the balance of the world. Wants the children to side with him and fight against her wishes for them; even though she is the reason that the powers that rested within them even awakened.

Elizabeth: An odd girl whom the group will encounter on their quest. She hails from Laverre City and seems to have powers of her own, little is known about her at this point in time.

| Current Events |
- The Mentors are currently searching for their respective children, however this is not of any concern at the moment.
- Xerneas is waiting for the children in Sinnoh
- The Guardians are attempting to get information from Arceus and the rest of the Counsel about the mysterious dreams their owners have had about going to Celestic Town but are not receiving any reply.
- All children are making their way towards Celestic Town

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
First!!!

I am so happy to see this moving ahead!
Also, the theme song sounds like an 80's disco party. lol

Last edited:

Tangeh

Wait, does that include their guardian? >.< Because the mentor refers to the legendary they haven't met yet...

I meant guardian, not legends or anything yet.

lol, this should make for some interesting first impressions.

Rayquaza: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR
Dalton: Holy hell.
Rook: He says you're destined for a mission or somethin' like that.
Dalton: No.

Momma

Quality Bonding
The darkest dance party ever.
"INVISIBLE ENEMIES...FEEL NO PAIN!"

I wanna play a Persona game but I have, like, no consoles... <.<'

Can't wait to get started with this! This could go in a lot of good directions.

Schade

Metallic Wonder

Ahahahah!! Like:
"RAAAAAAWR"
"I'm pretty sure he wants to eat me..."
"Noooo, he's talking about destiny and stuff."

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer

Well, some of them can speak telepathically if the anime is anything to go by... At least Diancie, Darkrai, and the Psychic typed ones can.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Lets pray Cresselia is in that crowd as well.
I'd imagine us being able to talk with our mentors though.

Tangeh

I don't remember much of Rayquaza in the anime but somehow I doubt it's in that crowd lol..

I'm presuming we'll be able to talk to more Pokemon as we go on...?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
But we understood Xerneas?
Kinda confusing but... Anything for the plot, I guess. lol

Tangeh

Dunno why Mogar would bother clarifying that we could only speak to our guardians and not our mentors if it wouldn't matter by the time the mentors were introduced. That would be pretty redundant. More clarification would be nice Mogar, we're just gonna talk ourselves in circles. ^^

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I think she was clarifying that we couldn't speak to other regular Pokemon. Legendaries have special privileges in RPGs. ;)

For right now, it's just our Guardians. We can't even speak to our mentors at this point.

Tangeh