• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Children of Legend Redux (Discussion)

Pyroli

Banned
Ha! I was right! 8D

Are all eighteen of us going to be gathered in one location? That seems like it's going to get chaotic.

For now yes, just to meet up and allow our characters to introduce themselves to one another. After that travel groups will be established between our characters. Most likely 6 groups of 3

And the RPG should be up later tonight, I have a doctor's appointment in about an hour that I have to walk to, and then I'm heading to my grandparents for dinner but after that it should be up. It would've been up last night but I got home from hanging out with my friends at like 1:30am and just typed this thread out before passing out. vnv

Glad that we finally have a discussion thread for this!

Just curious, but do the children have any other Pokemon on them or is it just their mentor for now?

Just the Guardian at the moment, I'm not positive if I'm going to have them catch other Pokemon, as already having so much to control could get a little confusing. :>

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
That was why I didn't take another character. Having to control the character, a legendary, and a Guardian would get to be too much. It just doesn't feel like a Pokemon RPG without being able to catch more Pokemon though...

Tangeh

Pretty sure last time I took a boat that stopped in Kanto because some of the Kanto players also needed a boat .-. lol Canalave is a port city so that's easy.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Finally home from work so I can post in here instead of just watching from my silly phone. Valyrie is just a short hop so she can just about walk.... have to think about that a little.

Pyroli

Banned
That was why I didn't take another character. Having to control the character, a legendary, and a Guardian would get to be too much. It just doesn't feel like a Pokemon RPG without being able to catch more Pokemon though...

I feel the same way, honestly. I may allow people to catch other Pokemon later on, but as of yet I have no plans to do so. If I did allow this do you guys think it would be better to be able to catch any Pokemon you desire, or just ones of your type?

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I feel the same way, honestly. I may allow people to catch other Pokemon later on, but as of yet I have no plans to do so. If I did allow this do you guys think it would be better to be able to catch any Pokemon you desire, or just ones of your type?

It would probably make the most sense to be pokemon of our given types

Momma

Quality Bonding
Depends on what our characters wants, I'd say.

Maybe someone would catch a Pokemon not of their typing, realize they shouldn't have and end up releasing it.

biggggg5

Bigglesworth
it'd make sense to have pokemon of the given type but it might not fit everyone's characters. I know mine would want to have a much more balanced team and not have the same weakness.

Tangeh

Well, as much as I don't mind Dalton using only dragon-types, he wouldn't have many options. xD Pretty sure dragon is the rarest type if you exclude legendaries and megas, because there's a lot of those lol, and most of them are rare anyways. I'd prefer to stick to the dragon egg group for a bit of breathing room, but I can make it work either way really.

Going to put off posting until later this week, unless this thread moves really fast. Would like to attend to the other RPs I'm in first. :3 I can't C/P from the last thread because I need to change too many things. :(

CuriousHeartless

P4DAN music as the theme? Have I ever mentioned how cool you are, Mogar?

I'll try to get my post up tonight.

On the subject of catching Pokémon, I don't much care either way. But, seeing as how he practically grew up in the Pewter gym, Peter would probably mainly care about Rock types. He might catch some non-Rocks for variety, but he wouldn't be particularly interested in doing so.

Pyroli

Banned
P4DAN music as the theme? Have I ever mentioned how cool you are, Mogar?

I'll try to get my post up tonight.

On the subject of catching Pokémon, I don't much care either way. But, seeing as how he practically grew up in the Pewter gym, Peter would probably mainly care about Rock types. He might catch some non-Rocks for variety, but he wouldn't be particularly interested in doing so.

I try to be hip with all the youngsters. Besides Yosuke and Adachi are my trash waifus. And I'm super pumped for Dancing All Night

From what I'm gathering most people tend to think that just Pokemon of their type seem the most viable, however many people also want variety. I may just say that (tentatively) you can catch other Pokemon but they have to be able to learn moves of your type. If that makes any sense.