• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chim-Charred! (549)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I give up.

I had high hopes for the thing, but this is the second time they've had the perfect opportunity to do something with Chimchar and blew it.

Way to go writers, way to go. --

shac

look on the bright side-
-Chimchar actually got to defeat ursaring(though in a crazy frantic sortta way!)
-Gligar's playing cool
-we got to see drapion(Man! Paul does love big dark pokemon, doesn't he?)

well, we always knew chimmy's not evolving in this epi. so no loss from our side....hmmmphh

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Boo.

Chimmy's insanity was just a phase of puberty it was going through.

Now the fact that he burned Ash before biting him makes me just want to get those pics and caption them...

"Needs salt..."

Aside from this, more proof that the writers are failing ideas.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
look on the bright side-
-Chimchar actually got to defeat ursaring(though in a crazy frantic sortta way!)

Seeing as how it helped catch Ursuring i'm not suprised.

-Gligar's playing cool

this episode was revolving around Chimchar, and I don't care for Gligar all that much, now it's evo on the other hand.

-we got to see drapion(Man! Paul does love big dark pokemon, doesn't he?)

We get to see it everytime J shows up, i don't see why that's a big deal.

well, we always knew chimmy's not evolving in this epi. so no loss from our side....hmmmphh

Did it get anything however? No it did not.

Thriller

Its almost time
Agreed with Zard. What a waste of time this episode was. I spent all morning wondering what was going to happen and if that weakling decided to grow some balls but no, it gets a hug!

I wasn't expecting any evolutions but I was expecting... something! Any sort of character development which nobody got. Ash, Chimchar, Paul, Gligar, none of them got any development.

Bloody waste of time this was.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
You know, there IS a difference between seeing the episode itself and reading a f***ing synopsi. >_>

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Agree with ya there thriller. Seems CD is having a haemorrhage these days. When will we get a decent filler again?

Konoko_Hasano

Ralts Line Samba
This episode... it made me love Gligar.

I couldn't help but laugh some at how Gligar seems so raring to go and affectionate towards Ash. XD

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
At least this time Ash had the balls to deal with his berserk fire-type the right way. With Charmeleon/Charizard he kept wussing out avoiding the problem, hoping it will magically obey him.

With Chimchar, he plunged head-on into the flames, grabbed the blazing monster, didn't let any of his pokemon interfere, and didn't let go until it stopped.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
After watching the episode, my opinion of it still remains, Chimchar only went ballistic for all of 3 minutes and even then all it did was knock out Ursuring, bounce around and bite Ash.

Boring and a big waste of an episode is all i've got to say about it.

Erutan

This episode served its purpose. We got to see more of Gligar's personality ,and boy did it look super precious in this episode.We also got see more of Chimchars hidden power ,and more Interaction between Paul ,and Ash.If some of you can't stand a little storytelling, then thats too bad.

Also , holy crud did Ursaring look like an unstoppable brute in this episode.Sheesh I don't see it ever being released with the power that it showed.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
This episode served its purpose.

It had no purpose other than to show one thing.

We also got see more of Chimchars hidden power ,and more Interaction between Paul ,and Ash.If some of you can't stand a little storytelling, then thats too bad.

here's a story for you, Chimchar's about to become the second Torkoal from how things are looking now, believe it.

Charizard_Trainer88

Pokemon Master
At least this time Ash had the balls to deal with his berserk fire-type the right way. With Charmeleon/Charizard he kept wussing out avoiding the problem, hoping it will magically obey him.

With Chimchar, he plunged head-on into the flames, grabbed the blazing monster, didn't let any of his pokemon interfere, and didn't let go until it stopped.

well you gotta remember he was still just starting out when he had Charmeleon/Charizard he didnt really understand because Charmander always listened to him

and besides would you rather handle a crazy flaming chimp or a flaming Lizard/Dragon lol

Rocket Girl

I wouldn't be so quick to criticize this episode. Granted, it's just another chapter in the continuing story of Hikozaru, but we did learn that thankfully Hikozaru wasn't just magically cured just by becoming Satoshi's Pokemon. The writers are clearly not even close to resolving this thing and this episode will obviously be referenced again. This episode was just one of chapters in the middle of a story where not much happened, but it's certainly not some meaningless filler.

Hikozaru probably shouldn't even be battling again. He's clearly been too traumatized by Shinji to battle competitively. I wonder how Satoshi is going to solve this problem.