• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chim-Charred! (549)

Shinji_Charizard

yeah i know, but the drapios in the ep had a weird color, not the purple of the pokedex and also not the scarlett of the dex... if you know what i mean xD
(dutch)

I loved this episode simply because of the music. <3 that movie 5 music that played when Chimchar broke free from the pile of rocks.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^i feel bad for gligar too because if i'm not mistaken Buizel's taken it's spot in the upcoming gym battle, and i was looking forward to seeing it battle Gyarados or Floatsel--.

PokéKT

Dusk Moon
Gligar looked CUTE! =D

Also within that EP, Gligar looks determined about something, maybe he wants to beat Paul's Gliscor due to his lose. =o

Dax

Legend
I really wish people will stop thinking that just because Chimchar didn't learn anything or didn't evolve the episode was a waste. It clearly developed Chimchar's character, whether you like it or not they showed a new side of Chimchar. Really, it's very stupid...

And Gligar... welcome to Loserville. You can ask Chimchar, Staravia and Buizel how to get out of it, they have enough experience.>_>

Last edited:

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
Why did Gligar suck so hard? He didn't get to do anything. Chimchar wasn't all that great either until he fell into his rage and even then didn't beat Uresaring up very much.

I really wish people will stop thinking that just because Chimchar didn't learn anything or didn't evolve the episode was a waste. It clearly developed Chimchar's character, whether you like it or not they showed a new side of Chimchar. Really, it's very stupid...

Sure. they developed his character but they could have shown him giving Ursaring a little more of a beating. It was not a waste of an episode though.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
does anyway know what that purple sphere followed by headbutt was? i thought giga impact+headbutt but then i thought no then i thought zen headbutt and then i thought no....
It was Secret Power

^____^

& Ursaring can't learn it in the games:p

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
does anyway know what that purple sphere followed by headbutt was? i thought giga impact+headbutt but then i thought no then i thought zen headbutt and then i thought no....
It was Secret Power

^____^

ShadowDragon16

Gligar was funny in this episode, it was a good idea giving Ash a funny pokemon. Its quite odd, Gligar wants to battle, and after getting the claw from Gliscor, it seems like it wants to show Ash how great a battler it can be. I bet this convinses him to evolve into Gliscor.

I loved this episode, I thought it was great. I mean we get to see more of Chimchar's character and imo, this was a perfect episode to keep setting Chimchar up for something more (character wise and maybe even battling/evo wise). It's great to see such a great bond Ash and Chimchar have and I'm sure with that and even more developments, Chimchar will definitely be Paul's downfall. It was really great to see how Ash calmed down Chimchar. Kinda touching imo.

I also liked Gligar in this episode. So hilarious when it fell and disrupted Paul's capture. Can't wait to see more of it in the future as well. Overall, great episode!

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
^i feel bad for gligar too because if i'm not mistaken Buizel's taken it's spot in the upcoming gym battle, and i was looking forward to seeing it battle Gyarados or Floatsel--.

I think the whole point of him not choosing Gligar for Pastoria's gym was all because of it's type disadvantage, since Ash is paying attention to types a bit more. I'm guessing they're setting up a Buizel vs Floatzel, in other words, a Pokemon vs it's evolution, again.

And Gligar... welcome to Loserville. You can ask Chimchar, Staravia and Buizel how to get out of it, they have enough experience.>_>

To be honest, it did show a fear of Paul at the beginnning of the episode. I think the whole accomplishment might be, like how it gotten over phobia with Zangoose, it gotten over it with Paul....in a very extreme way. >_>

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Well lets see.This episode showed us A great Gligar and Chimchar development.
And also Turtwig Pikachu and Buizel are confirmed to be in the next gym I think.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I could nitpick at whiners who are so obsessed with evolutions that they can't even enjoy the damn episode...
I could marvel at the fact that Gravy has not gone the way of the Dodo or the V Faction...
I could make a snide ramark that has little or no relevance to the topic at hand...

But instead, I'm going to take the mystery prize behind Door #4.
And the mystery prize is...
Shut up and review the damn episode.

Well, crap. Here goes then. In the same way that I enjoyed "Like It or Lup It" for expanding upon Piplup's brattiness, I enjoyed this one for not only giving Chimchar a significant role (let's face it - it's gotten no development since "Tears for Fears", which was 30 episodes ago), but for expanding upon Gligar's quirkiness. Sure, this one didn't have a psychotic platypus or illegal immigrants facing deportation, but it still had its humor in the form of Gligar's antics and the many, many concussions that occured (along with the loss of vital brain fluids that accompanies it). The main thing I agree with the masses on is that Chimchar's rampage occured too late in the episode for it to develop into anything truly deep (though I loved Chimmy biting Ash's shoulder in its madness).

But seriously, people, even if we were to classify this episode as a "filler", it'd still be the first filler in two months or so. This isn't like Johto where week after week we're handed a crapfest with absolutely no relevance to plot or character advancement. Obviously we're not going to have a truly groundbreaking episode every week. And there are plenty of episodes far more worthy of being called a "filler" in this saga alone! Yet somehow nobody complained when we got handed that Chingling episode, which actually was awful.

Dax

Legend
I think the whole point of him not choosing Gligar for Pastoria's gym was all because of it's type disadvantage, since Ash is paying attention to types a bit more. I'm guessing they're setting up a Buizel vs Floatzel, in other words, a Pokemon vs it's evolution, again.

This completely threw me off. Choosing Buizel for that gym after all the screentime Buizel's been having makes me want to burn every Buizel picture there is.

First Voodoo dolls for Piplup, now for Buizel.>_>

To be honest, it did show a fear of Paul at the beginnning of the episode. I think the whole accomplishment might be, like how it gotten over phobia with Zangoose, it gotten over it with Paul....in a very extreme way. >_>

At least it got over it even if it released his anger in an outrageous way. Psycho monkey should return for the league as an Infernape. You mix a pokemon that has the word inferno suggested in the name with some cool psycho moments you get yourself an episode of awesomeness.