• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chim-Charred! (549)

shac

i dunno why all of ash's pokemon are more interested in biting ash than winning battles....if its not pikachu sinking its teeth in ash's hand, its turtwig biting off ash's head. and when its neither of the two, its chimmy taking a chunk out of ash's shoulder.....Pray for the poor guy living among (pocket) monsters!!!

TeddiUrsa

Character development in MY Pokémon?! Awesome!

Shinji ´s Ursaring is my favourite Pokémon of his? Fanboy!

Gligar? Adorable!

Idiots complaining about no new moves or evolutions? Predictable!

Gravy showing up to say everything that was in my head, but better? Finally! ^^

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I thought this episode was pretty good, i liked Gligar being so determined. and I liked the fact the writers were building chimchars story up even more, poor little monkey.
People are only complaining because they want an episode full of nothing but battles,new moves and captures, jeez some people need to exercise a bit of patience,I personally think the DP episodes are some of the best yet.

And yet again i say go on chimmy my boy ^ . ^

Last edited:
Chimchar is freakishly scary...how it managed to turn into that insanity version I still don't get.
Well, Gohan did a lot of the same thing in DBZ early on. I even got reminded of when he first did that when Chimchar burst out of the rocks. Most likely not intentional, though it'd be awesome if it were.

Morrison's Gligar used Guillotine but it didn't knock out it's opponent
Strange, I clearly saw Gligar KO Grovyle when I watched yesterday...

Cobalt_Latios

Strange, I clearly saw Gligar KO Grovyle when I watched yesterday...
Yup, Hoenn did have game mechanical issues. First allowing ghost type attacks to hit normal types, and now Guillotine not taking out a Pokémon one round, but successfully doing said task the next. Glad to know things have changed for the better.

~C_L~

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Gligar is now my official favourite pokemon on the team- a great Corphish-esque lunacy about it.

I'm really starting to like Gligar more and more too. I would have just preferred if the episode focused on Gligar instead, and Chimchar got its "development" later on.

Another thing this episode proved is that I am so glad May didn't end up with Ursaring (although a cute, clingy Teddiursa would be fine) because it's such a perfect Pokemon for Paul!

Night_Umbreon

Oh god! The imagery!
I do like that Chimmy's story hasn't been forgotten by the writers. If this was season 1 or 2, "the tears of chimchar" would have been the end of it and never heard of again. But D/P has quite respectable continuity so far. I wonder if the "going insane" thing will be back someday. League perhaps?

I wasn't fond of Gligar for Ash at first, but now i'm starting to like the two together. I don't want it to evolve!!! *is shot*

Last edited:

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Geez, I don't know what's wrong with some of yous who have these high expectations of Chimchar evolving or keeping his power, kind make me laugh how u guys whine about everything.

But personally I enjoyed this episode. Some really nice development between Chimchar and Gligar. They have been neglected for quite a while and nice for them to get some spotlight.

I'm starting to like Gligar, Gligar is the cutest little bat I ever seen. It amazes me how they could turn this eh looking bat into a cutie. Love how she cries to Ash. And I laughed when Gligar smashed to the rock and interrupting Paul's battle.

As for Chimchar, I'm starting to think it is not Blaze the way it loses control after being that huge power up. So I'm excited how the writers are going to deal with problem, and it looks like involves both with Ash and Paul. But loved when Ash calmed Chimchar. I was surprised Brock and Pikachu stepped up and tell them to let Ash deal with the problem. They sure know the boy so well.

Blaziryu

Wow, Chimchar have alot of anger towards Shinji. Chimchar was about to roasted the hell out of Shinji. If it was this angry now, I can't imagine how angry it would be once it evolves to Monferno then Infernape.

Last edited:

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
Obviously the issue with Chimchar isn't over. The writers are handling this well. Seriously, had this been Kanto it would have been oh its traumatized and we probably would have seen the last of it. You know what I see? I see a Charizard thing happening. Chimchar evolves, and instead of not listening to Ash ALL the time. I think it will happen when he battles Paul. Just my opinion

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
The sound that could heard twice when Ursaring pulled mad facial expressions? The sound when you summon creatures on Neverwinter Nights. The more you know.

What the hell was wrong with this episode? It was fine by my standards, and I have high standards.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I have to say, Ursaring definately was pretty cool in this episode, especially with those freaked-out versions of it Chimchar imagined.

I still don't think of Gligar as a girl though. 0.o
Always seemed more guyish to me.

PokInfinity

Seriously
I thought that Chimchar looked super creepy. It was really weird to see him with that bizarre face and those weird eyes while he bit into Ash's shoulder.

Kazuki Mirai

Well that was a pointless filler. Nothing special in this episode.

Hell, I doubt it would make up for Chimchar losing to Yanmega and getting hit by Meowth. The former he has an advantage on and the latter they usually beat up.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
You know i'm starting to wonder if they should've used another title for this episode, cause Chimchar was only focused on for about half of it, and Gligar got the other half, something with Gligar in it would've been better.

tee tee

Illussions Shattered
I have to say, Ursaring definately was pretty cool in this episode, especially with those freaked-out versions of it Chimchar imagined.

I still don't think of Gligar as a girl though. 0.o
Always seemed more guyish to me.
I know!!!! I love when it was making the Focus Blasts and shooting them!!! Ursaring is just cool overall and I can't see Paul releasing it!!!

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
Can I ask....

When Electabuzz and Paul met up with the twerps, why did Pikachu and Turtwig get positive recognition from Electabuzz? Excuse me, I haven't been following the season very throughly!

Ryan!!!!

Wow, Chimchar have alot of anger towards Shinji. Chimchar was about to roasted the hell out of Shinji. If it was this angry now, I can't imagine how angry it would be once it evolves to Monferno then Infernape.

yeah!!! chimchar only gets cooler, monferno = kweler version of chimchar infernape= AWSOME!!!!!!!, they really need to put up a subbed version of the episode somewhere, i wanna know whats going on!