• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chivalry and Gender Equality in Democracy

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Natty- But if a man asked, either women or men to help defend themselves from whatever danger they could face they would probably be made fun of. Mind telling me if you think the same for men or just women?

Women shouldn't be hit but neither should a man, the thing is if a women does it she's cheered on even if it's not the man's fault, other way around he is treated like a rapist and thrown in jail.

Of course sleeping around is reversed (Only leaving out the rapist part). I don't understand why a woman can't sleep with whoever she wants while a man can. It's their lives, if they want to sleep around rather then have a meaningful date then go right ahead.

Joey whatever his last name was, Barney Stinston, Charlie Harper all of them are men on comedies shows who shown as the ladies men, yet you rarely see a comedy show with a woman who sleeps around and treats men like meat (And I am sure there are a couple, come on 6 billion people on the planet, there are many women who are just like men and vice versa). Why don't they make a comedy show with such a woman?

I know, because people are idiots and will whine about it. I have seen reviews on shows where a woman has slept with two or three different guys already and she's called a slag, yet three male characters I have mentioned all of them I am sure have never been complained about. Charlie and Barney in particular never shut up about sex.

The point is although I agree with the OP and made such a post in a similar thread at the debate topic, but it can be like that too.

However it seems if you are a white straight male between 20-50 and unattractive the less people seem to want to think you are a good guy. You talk to a child he's a pedo (Well the late 30's-50's anyways), if you are unattractive and hit on a guy apparently you are a creep. (The same can be for blacks too but seems more directed to what I said).

You got a protection laws, prides for everything. I bet if a non gay, non black, non woman adult make went around saying I am proud to be a white male people would shoot him down, why? Why can't you be proud for who you are when everyone else gets to be?

I know it's getting a bit off topic but it happens with everything, me myself I am not sure where I would lie considering I am half Malaysian half Australia.

I just wish everyone could be equal, but there will never be equality not in this lifetime, there's always going to be a group discriminated against until society wakes up and stops telling everyone how to live their life how to be a man or a woman or anything else.

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
Why would I help a woman being raped? I could call the police easily enough but forget direct action.
That woman could be your mother.

Seriously, it disgusts me to think you wouldn't directly assist someone who's being violated in such a manner.

Would it be any different if it was a man?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Alleviate said:
Affirmative action is discrimination against white men, and it's still in play. Let's talk about this.
That quote you posted was the most full of **** thing I've ever read.

White males do NOT face the most discrimination. Give me a break. You can't start a club at college; big ****ing deal. What's the point of a club if the majority of the people can relate and the other 10% can't. It's like starting a club for people 5 feet and up.

And as far as I'm concerned, I haven't been given a single "affirmative action" scholarship in my life. Not every single building or institution has it in place. While there is an organization that does award scholarships based on race or gender, there is equally another that would give it to a white male based on merit, military personnel, or other things that nobody else can control.

Try racial profiling, stereotyping, interviewing, trying to get loans, and plenty of other ways that actually affect your way of life.

You got a protection laws, prides for everything. I bet if a non gay, non black, non woman adult make went around saying I am proud to be a white male people would shoot him down, why? Why can't you be proud for who you are when everyone else gets to be?
I honestly don't think anybody should be proud of what color their mom and dad were. I think they should be proud of things they actually changed.

Last edited:

ChedWick

Why would I help a woman being raped? I could call the police easily enough but forget direct action.

Because you are a horrible person.

Um... and you would oppose helping a woman so that she's not raped? The point is that a woman faces a daily threat that men rarely face and the answer to that isn't "so why does she say she wants equal rights". The two don't contradict each other. It's a matter of cause and effect. The fact that you're even saying that assisting a woman so that she's not um, y'know, RAPED or MURDERED is "special treatment" exposes some pretty deep misogyny.

I'd be more willing to side with a third side. Don't put yourself in unnecessary harms way. But this is just me being devils advocate. If my sister asked me to go with her on a walk at night I probably would. I go with my g/f on a regular basis for the same reason. I expect sammiches in return though.

Last edited:

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n

You're horrible.
If a both a man and a woman needed help, which one would you help?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I posted that, not Shuam, and I got it directly from the KKK website. It was more of a discussion point than a personal belief.
And fyi 90% of people in California aren't white.
When did I say 90% of them were white?

Edit: I read back. If we're talking about the average college, you're generally going to get a 70%+ white population unless it's historically black.

The percentage isn't the key point though; it's the purpose of the club. Just ask yourself what would be the purpose of a "white club" with a straight face. European ones (Like.. maybe Irish or German), I can understand I suppose but since too many people confuse ethnicity and race, you'll just have a bunch of people join because they think ethnicity can just translate to a person through birth or something.

Last edited:

ChedWick

Neither one over the other.
I'm probably not going to risk my body for an utter stranger, what's so wrong with that?

Hypothetically speaking would it be wrong to wish harm on the above poster for the sake of them having a taste of their own medicine?

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
You could do with a heavy does of reality; not everyone is an action hero.

You could do with a kick up the arse.

You wont help someone being raped because you're too concerned for your own comparatively insignificant wellbeing? Thats being a dick, not a coward.

ChedWick

I posted that, not Shuam, and I got it directly from the KKK website. It was more of a discussion point than a personal belief.
And fyi 90% of people in California aren't white.

Just noticed this source of yours. I don't know what you pulled from their site and what it is in context to but given some of your previous stances I can only assume it deserves a /facepalm. I hope not though.

Seem

Hollen i ven.
Alleviate, if you were on the other end of the incident, you'd want someone to help you.

I've personally seen a situation when bystanders actually turn away and avoid a situation when someone is in need of help. Being made to watch, it really sickened me.

Alleviate

Banned
You weren't made to watch, you could've helped.
And I think I value my life and wellbeing over the security of some 30 year old failures vagina in some ghetto back-alley.

Alright. I'm convinced. You want to be hated, don't you?

And how does posting a KKK quote make me hate-bait? I don't aspire to become a Neo-Nazi Skin Head or anything similar, it was merely food for thought, brought on by Shuam's post. I don't think I'm so much wrong as you are misconstruing what I say.

Last edited:

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
30-year-old failure..? What?

Allieviate said:
And how does posting a KKK quote make me hate-bait?
Are you serous?

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II

And how does posting a KKK quote make me hate-bait? I don't aspire to become a Neo-Nazi Skin Head or anything similar, it was merely food for thought, brought on by Shuam's post. I don't think I'm so much wrong as you are misconstruing what I say.

I thought is was the pungent stench of mildew; but what I smell is a troll from Mordor.

But this was gold.
And I think I value my life and wellbeing over the security of some 30 year old failures vagina in some ghetto back-alley.
I would sig that, but that'd be in poor taste.

Seem

Hollen i ven.

I didn't post what I did to contradict myself, of course I would have helped.

I 'watched' it on the television, it was in New York, America. I am in England, therefore I couldn't help. The several hundred people who passed by him, however, could have but instead left him to die.