• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chivalry and Gender Equality in Democracy

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
And I think I value my life and wellbeing over the security of some 30 year old failures vagina in some ghetto back-alley.
I think you missed-

That woman could be your mother.

And how does posting a KKK quote make me hate-bait?
trololol

You can't be that much derp. It's not possible.

"Oh, I'll post a ridiculous argument made by a notorious racist cult, no-one will disagree with me"

Alleviate

Banned
The KKK thing was merely supposed to be interesting, nothing more, so quit freaking out. Also, you have no idea what kind of person is being insulted, and should I stumble across such an instance of harassment I'd most likely assume that I don't value them as much as myself. Perhaps if I knew or liked the person it would be different, but I don't particularly value the well-being of a person unknown to me. Sure I'd hope for it, but will take little initiative toi uphold it. Nothing wrong with that, I'm willing to bet the majority of you think the same, whether or not your deformed social conscience permits you to realize it.

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n

ChedWick

I honestly don't think hes a troll but merely a terrible human being.

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
Pretty selfish, or a troll.

Pretty sure he's a troll due to one other post in another thread.
I'm pretty sure a meager and invaluable existance is superior to death. Hell, go out and do nice thing for strangers, volunteer or something, just find a way to associate your life with some kind of tangible worth. On another, get a good out-of-the-house hobby and try and integrate yourself with some fellow hobbyists, I'm sure any personality quirks can be nullified by some intense common ground.

Plus the fact that he joined two days ago.

Last edited:

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
Bingo. Well, sorta?
I wouldn't call myself terrible, moreso you all liars and romantics.

Not many people admit that they're terrible human beings.

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
I don't think I'm some horrendous dirtbag, and I do not in anyway begrudge helping people, but directly assisting a person being raped by some violent criminal scumbag? Unless they mean something to me I'll probably pass.

If someone is getting raped before your eyes I'm sure in any case it would be the better action to actually help than just walk away like a selfish bastard.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure if you were being harmed in a way and there was a person there to potentially stop whatever was being done you'd like them to.

Last edited:

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
Next time you do that get back to me.
I'm pretty sure most rapists aren't that out in the open anyways.

It was more of a question of, "What would you do in this situation", anyway.

7 tyranitars

everyone can say alleviate is being a bad person or a troll but lets face a human in a panic situation is not reliable most of us proudly say they will help but when your in a situation like that I would say 50% of those are to scared to even try something.

I also understand saying your not gonna do anything for sure is not a good thing to say

personaly I would help a person in such kind of need, however that is what I say now safe behind my laptop if I where in an actual situation like that I just hope I wouldn't be to scared to do anything, it can go either way either you get a lot of adrenline and do whatever you can to safe the perso, or you run/freeze like a coward/scared person.

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
everyone can say alleviate is being a bad person or a troll but lets face a human in a panic situation is not reliable most of us proudly say they will help but when your in a situation like that I would say 50% of those are to scared to even try something.

I also understand saying your not gonna do anything for sure is not a good thing to say

personaly I would help a person in such kind of need, however that is what I say now safe behind my laptop if I where in an actual situation like that I just hope I wouldn't be to scared to do anything, it can go either way either you get a lot of adrenline and do whatever you can to safe the perso, or you run/freeze like a coward/scared person.

But he wasn't saying that he wouldn't do it because he'd be too scared. He said he wouldn't do it because it wouldn't be beneficial to him in any way.

7 tyranitars

But he wasn't saying that he wouldn't do it because he'd be too scared. He said he wouldn't do it because it wouldn't be beneficial to him in any way

oh my bad, that is just pathetic, you shouldn't safe someon because it is beneficial but because you can prevent someon else from harm if your not doing it for a reason like that your just an inconsiderate jerk

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
Alright, I've had enough with you. You're ignorant, arrogant, selfish, inconsiderate, and way more. There's no sense to you of doing something for common good. I'm just going to dismiss you to me as a common failed troll.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Personally, I don't really like getting special treatment for being a woman. I was raised to be a person. My parents didn't raise me like a little girl or a little boy, they raised me to be a human. They also told me that there (other than biological differences) is no real difference between men/boys and women/girls. People only act in steriotypical ways because that's what their parents and society at large raised them to be.

Girls are conditioned to like pink and dolls and to be afraid of insects/arachnids and reptiles. Girls are also conditioned to speak a lot and be frail and sensitve.

Boys are conditioned to like blue and trucks and to get dirty and loud. Boys are also conditioned to be aggressive and get in fights.

Pity that society enforces these "Norms" according to what has always been put off as true. If more people would raise their children in the manner that I was raised, then there would be true equality. Pity they won't.

However, I was raised under a modification of Chivarly. I was raised to always act with honor, always tell the truth--no matter what, and to defend those who cannot defend themselves. It still is a big part of who I am. It is "dyed into my wool" if you will.

There will only be true equality when people raise their children in the way that I was raised--to be a person and to look at other people as just that--People.

(If this is nonsensical, I apologise. I'm in a lot of pain, today. I had to take my pills, so now I am a tad "floaty")

~Nemmeh

i agree with this. Even though im male, and i was raised to be like that, im not. Im just not amused by trucks and fights, in fact, i have never been in a fight i hope to never be in one.

i also think its bad to treat women as frail and "inferior," they can do things just as well as men
yet its also bad to treat men as the "protectors" and the "aggressive" ones, and its bad insult them if they are anything but.
there are males who like cats, and flowers, and incense, and other things they arnt "supposed" to like

Alleviate

Banned
Alright, I've had enough with you. You're ignorant, arrogant, selfish, inconsiderate, and way more. There's no sense to you of doing something for common good. I'm just going to dismiss you to me as a common failed troll.

What's bothering you? To be frank your armchair nobility is fairly obnoxious.
And how is helping one person and harming yourself working for the common good? Through action or inaction the inevitable outcome would be a wash.

Last edited:

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
What?

"help me, i'm being raped"

"nah, it wouldn't make a difference if i did. have fun getting raped, i know i don't want to get my hands dirty"

To be frank, your self-centredness isn't going to get you any friends. ANYWHERE.