• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chloe & The Really Mysterious Eevee! (1138)

mystreon

the elder eevee
I just hope eeevee means yamper can evolve, i just want koharu to keep using both mons not just one

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not gonna lie, when the scientists find out that Eevee won't evolve, the first thing I thought of (before the OP titles) was "Where's the Everstone?" then I galaxy brained myself and remembered "Wait this is gen 8, I'm now convinced this is a Gigantamax capable Eevee and we know that NFEs thst can Gigantamax can't evolve." Though I was somewhat surprised that this was the first time a female Eevee with its visible gender difference has been seen in the anime.
The interactions (I remembered the word "interactions" after like a week) between Yamper and Eevee were cute and carried most of the episode.

I don't know why seeing Go in a school uniform felt odd to me, perhaps it's the fact that I don't think it real suits him, well the tie at least, it made him look like the kid of a rich family.

When Meowth said "people don't use the word spry anymore" I thought to myself if this was more social commentary regarding language change among us humans and I have to admit, Meowth does kinda have a point. I haven't heard the word spry used in a hot minute. Staying with Jessie's outfit, the first thing that came to mind was her disguise in the Summer Academy arc in DP.
I completely forgot that the scene of Team Rocket using the vacuum to steal the pokemon was shown in the preview last week. It only occurred to me when Cinderace grabbed Gloom that the scene was in the preview.
If there's one thing that I was glad to see, it was the return of Team Rocket's classic pitfall traps (and it was nice to see Ash being the victim of it), it's certainly been a hot minute since we've seen them and I wasn't aware that this was the first this saga.
One thing that made me laugh was when the vending machine failed. Personally speaking I had something like that happen yesterday when a customer at work put a token into a trolley and the trolley wouldn't get released. But yeah, the vending machine had to fail at some point, at least the Team Rocket Pelipper is no slouch. Whilst I'm on he subject of the battle, when Eevee used Spark I was like "Pretty sure it can't learn Spark." then I thought "Mimic?", but it can't learn that either so therefore it must've been using Copycat, which makes sense given it was trying to copy the other Eeveelutions at the top of the episode.

I figured from the title that Koharu was going to capture Eevee, and it was nice to see her remind the viewers bout what the kids wee saying in class about her being the professor's daughter.
Ash having a diminished role is always nice to see every now and again, and in this case the only thing I remember him doing was fall into the pitfall (yes he also sent TR blasting off, but who cares when he fell into a pitfall).

EDIT: I just realised, given that this series likes to bring back Pokemon that haven't been seen in an eternity, I didn't think this principle applies to gimmicks like TR pitfalls as well.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So apparently Ash is often the one that walks Yamper? I want to see that because Ash mentioned that Yamper often runs off. At least Yamper doesn't bark at Ash anymore.

Chloe and Eevee were adorable together. It turns out my post in the speculation thread ended up being close, I got the fact that Eevee can't evolve right but who would have guessed that there was an Eevee Evolution research lab around?

I found the theme behind Chloe's Pokémon she catches and bonds with. They must have a heart ❤ design on them.

Yamper's butt
Pidove's Big Pecks
Eevee's tail

Ash and Goh's lessened importance was fine here as they were still enjoyable with what they got. Cinderace being the highschooler babysitting his elementary school brother was fun to watch.

I could have done without TR tho. They could have altered the "villains"to be the scientists.

dman_dustin

Isn't it Go's eevee since it's his poke ball?

:v

No. It matters who uses the poke ball not the person who had the poke ball first.

Example: Jessie's Mimikyu was caught in James's Luxury ball.

I also have to wonder if there is some level of DNA involved because when you think about it, it shouldn't make sense to just simply catch Pokemon and have it be registered in the Pokedex and also have it likely to obey you. Kind of like Jessie's Yanma when it should've been expecting Tyler (I don't think Yanma knew Jessie caught it) so there must be some level of DNA involved or some kind of recognition involved or maybe a new Pokemon listens to whoever sends it out if it isn't familiar with a different person.

Rotom Smartphone makes sense as to why it wouldn't register Go as Eevee's trainer, Go didn't catch it.

There's a lot of suspension of disbelief happening.

Does this mean Ash's Pikachu is actually Oak's Pikachu since Ash got the ball from Oak, and not his own Pokeball? I mean, it's even worse than the Koharu scenario, Ash just got a Pikachu caught by someone else!!

It's not like Pikachu accepted Ash as his trainer like other starter Pokemon. It did take Ash some time to truly get a very loyal Pikachu.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
We are looking way too hard into things but I like the fingertip headcanon and might start using it as my own lol

All in all, Eevee is totally and completly Chloe's starter. Goh just gave her a spare, unused pokéball.