• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chloe & The Really Mysterious Eevee! (1138)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Nice episode. I normally don't care much for Chloe-centric episode but that worked fairly well. It does give some form of pay-off for previous presented plot points such as what Chloe's status as a trainer and the whole thing about Yamper's ownership. The bits of her bonding to Eevee up until they join as a team is good as well.

I like the update on Goh's school life as well. Weird they are having him on that school uniform. Man, what a terrible design it is. The girls are passable - even if they kind suck - but the boys are hideous. Still want to see fanart of Ash with one though lol

Speaking of Goh, I like his role today, being a good friend for Chloe and helping her out. Their friendship had been something we've been told about but never quite shown so it's good seeing he's got her back.

TR was surprisingly funny this time duo the sheer absurdity of their disguises. Maybe I'm getting old but those outfits and their antics while using it were funny. Kind wish we had more scenes of that...

Ash had an interesting role. He is mostly phased out but I like writting still give him something to do.

Yamper and Eevee interacting was amusing to see and you can clearly see they filled with cutesy for animal lovers right down to both doing dog-esque antics. Those Yamper plushies are probably gonna be sold out again. Funny story is that just this week I read Lavacut's translation of an interview with Eevee's designer where they tell us Eevee was meant to be a "blank slate" and not look any kind of particular animal. Yet here they are fully embracing the idea he is a canine lol

As for the bad, well... While I do like the build up to Eevee's capture, I can't help but feel bad for Yamper. I mean, it's very clear Eevee is being sold as Chloe's starter which is kind of... Incoherent with previous episodes putting so much stock on her connection with Yamper. I dunno, it feels like getting the pokémon in the ball and the pokédex should have been for when Yamper becomes her official pokémon rather than the glorified family pet.

I also makes me wonder what exactly is going to be Chloe's role from now on. I always took her as the token girl, basically there to give what Masamitsu Hidaka called "eye candy". Now she is got an Eevee we've been said to be unable to evolve I'm not so sure. Granted it can be just set up for Chloe getting the Gen 9 Eeveelution but I dunno. Specially with her technically-starter being the second mascot (poor Piplup couldn't hold his throne).

All in all a good episode and a nice way to warp up the year. I'm really curious about what we are getting from the show from now on!

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I'm actually very interested now to see what happens to Yamper.

I somehow doubt they'll simply keep it as a family Pokemon. It might be interesting to see what happens in the future, especially if Eevee ends up spending way more time with Chloe than Yamper.

Sham

The Guardian of War
It seems like they're taking a few pages out of Lillie's book for Chloe's story (which I'm not mad at since I like both) with the whole "what type of trainer will they be?" and prolonging them becoming a trainer/obtaining their first Pokemon to build a storyline. What I'm concerned with is they won't actually allow Chloe to battle or be a trainer to the same extent as the guys. Hopefully I am wrong. I also hope that they pull a Rockruff with Yamper and just officially allow him to be with Chloe. He really shouldn't be shafted to make room for Eevee. Hopefully Chloe continues to use him.

D

Deleted member 384931

The episode wasnt that bad. I guess I am in the minority and just dont like Koharu for a reason. Her story is interesting, her charachter isnt. Satoshi was useless here, more of a third wheel situation. God I missed those trap-pits. 6/10

kamineko23

The episode wasnt that bad. I guess I am in the minority and just dont like Koharu for a reason. Her story is interesting, her charachter isnt. Satoshi was useless here, more of a third wheel situation. God I missed those trap-pits. 6/10

Yeah, it's been a while to see Team Rocket made those trap-pit and Ash actually fell for their trap again. When was the last time we see those trap pit?

Anyway, the episode's pretty good for me. Glad that Chloe's capture episode is treated like Ash's capture episode with the bonding at first.
My heart kinda stopped for a second when seeing Goh's holding the Pokeball first lol. Thankfully he gave the Pokeball to Chloe and let her catch the Eevee.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It does bring an interesting question: how does empty pokéballs ownership work? How does the dex system "knows" when a certain pokéball belongs to a certain kid?

Bianca got Minccino with Ash's pokéball yet it end up being her's....

Bah, It's just a show and I should really just relax...

It does bring an interesting question: how does empty pokéballs ownership work? How does the dex system "knows" when a certain pokéball belongs to a certain kid?

Bianca got Minccino with Ash's pokéball yet it end up being her's....

Bah, It's just a show and I should really just relax...
Maybe the Pokeball has a fingerprint scanner and the last fingerprints to have touched the ball before being thrown is the owner

MagicKarpInSpace

Go has caught several pokemon without the dex saying they're registered though, so that justification doesn't work
All mons goh caught on screen, his Dex has said they are registered. I cannot recollect any ep his Dex was silent after he caught a mon.
I know it's not a proper statement to justify eevee's ownership, i just made a 'not so cool' joke on goh

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Does this mean Ash's Pikachu is actually Oak's Pikachu since Ash got the ball from Oak, and not his own Pokeball? I mean, it's even worse than the Koharu scenario, Ash just got a Pikachu caught by someone else!!!

Damn the plot twists.

Does this imply that all the Pokemon caught by Pokeballs bought from Pokemart actually belong to the makers of the Pokeballs? WHAT IS GOING ON???? HOW DEEP DOES THIS RABBITHOLE GO???

(yeah, this discussion is fucking stupid)