• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ChocolateCon's Super Splices

ChocolateCon

Sexy Pineapple
I made these splices about a year ago or so. Just recently I found them hiding in the bowels of my computer. C+C would be appreciated and please don't use my sprites without my consent. Thank you and enjoy~

Loutile

Arcados

Flycatty

Mimenair

Gardemise.

As a side note, I use MS Paint to make these. Is it possible to make the background transparent without having to use Paintshop and/or Photoshop?

dragonmaster_jonathan

Local Dragonmaster
These are very copy/pastish, and it seems like you made no attempt to fix that problem.. a lot of your parts shouldve been scratched on (for example, Loudred's mouth.. it's way to big for Sceptile's body. Sorry, but I wouldnt call these super-splices.. but with time, they'll get better.

+Rhapsody+

DELETE DELETE
ChocolateCon said:
As a side note, I use MS Paint to make these. Is it possible to make the background transparent without having to use Paintshop and/or Photoshop?

There is an icon at the bottom of the toolbar that you use to copy things. There is an option for a filled or clear background. Click the 'clear' option. =3

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Like the others said, they are very copy-pastish. If you don't feel like you're good enough to make scratch parts yet, then just edit the shading and outlining on the official parts so that they blend with the base sprite and look like it's all one piece. By editting them and getting used to the way different shading and outlining styles work, you'll eventually be able to create custom parts that will enhance your mixes, and even work your way up to full-custom sprites.

ChocolateCon

Sexy Pineapple
Thank you for your suggestions. I'll try to improve on the copy+pastiness of it.

kapslock

Old no? still i think my post count thing is getting dusty :p

Well too copy-paste ish. And to make it transparent, there is a free program called GIMP. We have a tutorial here on how to use it. try www.gimp.org

The most decent one is the bottom one. And even I'm not good at custom stuff. Just slightly edit another sprite's part to the one you want. *Remember to edit the shading as well.

Have you considered trying other types of spriting? There's more to spriting then just pkm.

Nothing else to post i guess. just practice more, and you'll be good in no time.

Last edited:

#1Hikozarufan

It's a cool Monkey!
Like many people said they are a bit Copy-Pastish. But keep trying and youll be very good spriter. :)

kapslock

I found a solution to your transparentising problem. http://www.admins101.com/links.php?op=visit&lid=197 is a site that you are able to transparent your sprites at. Though a bit of warning. Before you even save it to an uploading site, make sure the background color is different color from the colors on your sprite. EX. use a default color from paint. then you upload the sprite on the internet. then copy the url to the site i linked ya too. then the instructions are on the page.

BlazikenGurl

Pik-eeeooow!
Too copy and pastiesh... aye aye aye...

Loutile's mouth is way too big and the speaker like thingys on its head seem to look awkward.

Arcados... it's freaky... and the legs look too small to carry a big ride-able dog...

Flycatty's wings are coming out of its head.

Mimanair or whatchamacallit is okay but... the arms don't fit...

Gardemise is probably your best but... maybe make it look a little bit more like Illumise?

Try scratching a few parts. Never tried scratching? You should. There is a scratching tutorial on the Sprite Tutorial board. I suggest you to read some tutorials.