• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Choice and Consequence

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
I think it's fur was.

>.< How'd that get in there?! :p Thanks for pointing it out.

I wonder what Maxie would say if he knew Keegan was alive.

Hehehe... ^.^ I think that's the prevalant question in this thread... I can't wait til I write that scene... (yes, there is going to be a scene like that. You didn't think I'd be so crazy as to disappoint you like that, did you?)

^.^ Thankies for the beer AND the cake (though I like tarts or doughnuts better :p) Unfortunately, this next chappie is going to require a great deal of thinking, and some very careful writing... so I can't gaurentee my updating too quickly :p But I can try.

^.^ Thanks to all three of you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! (although I was pretty iffy about it... but that's beside the point...)

B

Billy Bob Pennywhistle

Tarts and doughnuts. Right. Mental note made.

Well, my super mega bat is alway here if you need it. I've added little spikes on the end... ;)

Good luck! And I can't wait to read it! *bounces up in down out of sheer impatience*

T

Twilight Absol

hmmmm, not bad, not bad at all, lots of action, and the ending was certainly a nice conclusion to the chapter. I woulda expected Moltres to appear though =/ maybe its not as predictable as I thought it was....and Darn those rockets! just when Keegan was about to findout her identity...i have a question though, what move did Hazel use to create the wave?

And I'm afriad there's some confusion going on:
The drone of the vibrava seemed ominously close now, but despite the fact the skin of her shoulders crawled with fear of attack Keegan knew she didn’t have time to look around. “Go!” She shouted, crouched on the surfboard; she held Hazel and Pichu steady as Tarn put his dainty nose to the water.

I'm curious why you lowercased Vibrava and capitalized Pichu, care to explain?

SnoringFrog

TA, she capitalized Pichu because that is its actual name,what it is called. Vibrava was not capitalized because it was being used as a nonspecific name, if the trainer of Vibrava had said "Vibrava" it would have been capitalized because it would have been used as a name, not a unspecific one. I think :)

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
Well, my super mega bat is alway here if you need it. I've added little spikes on the end...

^.^ lol, much appreciated.

I woulda expected Moltres to appear though =/ maybe its not as predictable as I thought it was....and Darn those rockets! just when Keegan was about to findout her identity...i have a question though, what move did Hazel use to create the wave?

Well, you can't really expect the birds to be in the exact place Keegan is all the time, can ya? :p I figured the chances of Moltres actually being there at that exact time were slim, so he simply didn't appear.

The move Hazel used was Secret Power; it's power remains the same but when you use it it's looks changes to suit the environment, see? In the game, though, when you use it, it also has a stat negating effect... >.< I had a helluva time trying to distinquish it from Nature Power, because there's no such stats in my story.

TA, she capitalized Pichu because that is its actual name,what it is called. Vibrava was not capitalized because it was being used as a nonspecific name, if the trainer of Vibrava had said "Vibrava" it would have been capitalized because it would have been used as a name, not a unspecific one. I think

Spot on, SnoringFrog. If you'll notice, Twilight, I also capitalise 'vibrava' several times too, because that's when they're calling him by name; and I lowercase 'pichu' when he's not being referring to by name (he is, eventually, going to accept a nickname from someone - but not Keegan).

^.^ Glad you enjoyed.

J

jirachiman876

GAH!!! Why must you torture me with her sitll not knowing of her past??? WHY!!! O well great chapter, had to read via e-mail so I have no idea if the mistake I did find got fixed. It wasn't much though. Well great job. I liked but I don't like being kept in suspense, especially when in forums where they are updated so slowly and you can't read it unitl they freaking post it. Ah well. great job for the third time.
jirachiman out 385;

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
*innocently* Don't you like being tortured, jirachiman? Well, you better get used to it. *cough*

Heh, yeah, sorry about the updating thing :p I went on a reading frenzy, and my attention was focussed on finishing a short story I started yonks ago. The link for that is now in my sig; meanwhile the next chappie will hopefully be done before I go away for a few days on Tuesday. So far it's looking pretty good ^.^ I shouldn't have any problems.

@ Korimura: :p Good. Hate Team Rocket... hate Team Rocket... ^.^ glad you both enjoyed, and thanks for reviewing.

T

Twilight Absol

Have ya slacked off while I wasn't on, PD, You seem to be having a lotta trouble with this fic :p If ya need help, contact me >.>

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
^.^ Thanks Twilight, I appreciate it *huggles* Yus, I admit I have been slacking off. I tend to go to extremes - when I get passionate about something my life revolves around that one thing.

Unfortunately, where that obsession was once pokemon and writing, it is now Star Wars and reading (yus, I only recently saw Episode 3). All of which means my chappies won't be coming as quickly as they once did (not that they were very consistant anyway :p). But I want you to know I don't intend to give up on this fic, so don't be afraid of it fading into the bowels of the forum.

Zephyr Soul

<is awesome
Um... hi. I just wanted to say that your story is AWESOME! You're the only reason I registered here.:) I've been reading it for quite a while.

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
Oh! ^.^ Wow, I'm flattered, and glad you're enjoying it. I should really get my butt in gear and finish the next chappie, huh?

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
I deeply apologies for not reviewing your after a while, PD but I’ve been busy with the job searching, driving lessons and such. In short, life sucks.

I deeply apologies for not reviewing your fic for a while, PD but I’ve been busy with the job searching, driving lessons and such. In short, life sucks.

Chapter III:
A couple of grammar mistakes here and there (I don’t think ‘wayhouse’ is a word. Don’t you mean ‘warehouse’?) Keegan can be so predictable because of her undying sense of adventure but then again that’s what makes her exciting. The actions were great but, for some reason, they didn’t blow me away.

When it was coming to the end where Keegan was told to go to Kanto if she wanted to find her past I was looking forward to what would happen next cos I was thinking that would find some ‘spark’ on the future chapters.

Chapter IV:
Once again, PD, a couple of grammar and spelling mistakes spotted but I really enjoyed the battle scenes and for once I have to say that I have found the ‘spark’.

One thing that got in suspense of what will that Umbreon do when he sees Tarn with Keegan. Well, I’ll be R&R’ing more of this fanfic. See ya!

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
Oh! ^.^ Hello, Brian. I thought you'd forgotten about me, but I don't like to push people to read my story if they don't want to, so I didn't say anything. It's nice to see you still are reading.

Job searching and driving lessons are two phrases I keep on hearing quite often as well *shudder* so good luck with those.

Now, I don't suppsoe in future reviews you could point out the grammar mistakes? Or if they're generalized, then tell me what they are so I can go through and at least find them on my own? :p Thanks.

Anyway, in answer: no, technically 'wayhouse' is not a word :p but I'm sure I have seen it on published books, and I figured if no one knew what it meant they'd have mentioned it, right?

^.^ I'm glad you've found 'dah spark', and rest assured that Brother (that's the umbreon) will play major parts in the story. Brother and Tarn's relationship is actually one of my favourite things to write about, so I hope I manage to write it to standard. If you wanted to read up on some of their background, I wrote a short story about them called 'Brother My Brother' - the link's in my sig (that's not an official request, so it's up to you).

Thanks again for the review, and I hope you enjoy the rest of it ^.^

Oh - :p I didn't reply to you Saber, 'cause I didn't know what to say, but I figured I'd better let you know you're not ignored. I'll *try* and get a new chappie soon... but I've started getting into my non-pokemon novel... ah, well, see how it goes.

B

Billy Bob Pennywhistle

If you'd like, you can always barrow my bat.

...have a doughnut.

B

BrokenDreams

wow, purple drake, that is a really awesome story, i love it and i cant wait for the next chapter, i cant wait!

we wante chaptery naow!!!!!!!!!(hugs it)

Zephyr Soul

<is awesome
Yes... put a new chapter up soon, please!

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
Uh.... *sweatdrop* The new chapter's coming along quite well considering I've had major writer's block/procrastination - I can't promise you exactly *when* it will be done, but hopefully it will be sometime in the next week. Until then keep your pants on and only post if it's relevant to the story - while I'm flattered you like the fic so much, 'nooooooooo' classifies as spam, so please don't do it.