• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Choose It Or Lose It! (407)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, one of my issues with Masamune other than his dramatic behavior was his choice of Pokemon here. We'd seen so many Haganeil already, not to mention several Guardie. His team just seemed like a random motley.

You know for being one of Ash's strongest Pokemon, Pikachu loses way too often and too easily in the big tournaments as seen in this episode. I thought Swellow vs Gligar was a cheap battle even though we finally saw Guillotine succeed in this episode thanks to Gligar. And Tyson's Meowth looked so out of place standing next to his Sceptile, Donphan, Metagross, Hariyama and Shiftry.

Swampert gets a draw? NOOOO SWAMPERT DESERVED A WIN
TORKOAL LOOSES NOOOO
Once again Ash keeps in Pikachu against a ground type but Glalie saves the day
Puss in Boots says that it will shred Ash's Pikachu, and lol at how it cuts the tree down on Meowth

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Continuing my full battle spree - Ash vs. Morrison time:

Pros
  • Good stage usage by Corphish on the ice field vs Girafarig
  • Corphish is broken
  • Leaf Blade through Dragonbreath was something
  • Reflecting the Ice Beam with Icy Wind ????????????????
Neutral
  • era of Pikachu still being bad
Cons
  • most of Morrison's bad plays are clearly character moments so idk how much to dock points, but it still sucks
    • Girafarig slipping after jumping omegalul
    • throwing with Growlithe
  • Torkoal sucks - 3/3 out of all battles I've seen and he jobbed
  • Did the dub try to tell me Glalie has an advantage vs Metang
  • Well that ending was anticlimactic
  • So this was just a mash fest after the break

Well that was mid. Even if I were to ignore the first half of Morrison's team going down, everything else was pretty much just attack fest with little strategy, and it doesn't have the production value to justify a brain-off attack fest.

Probably my 2nd least favourite full battle.