• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Choose It Or Lose It! (407)

V Faction

www.faction.com
Still, I know Kenshin there isn't the only one who was slapped in the face by the Glalie vs Metang battle. Rarely does the show get a chance to showcase the Steel > Ice Type advantage and here was the perfect time to do it. And y'know what? It ends up on the cutting room floor for whatever inane reason. I would've prefered to have Glalie to have gone up against Metang, lost, and then have the showdown between it and Pikachu despite how cliche it really is.

I can understand Steelix triumphing against Pikachu and Torkoal (kind of), but I really wish the same hadn't occured with Glalie over Metang.

On the plus side, I always knew Masamune's Gligar was kickass and it taking down Grovyle and kamikazing with Swellow proves that.

Look

[IMG135]http://www2.filb.de/anime/ag/130/131.jpg[/IMG135]

Torkoal did get one good hit in. But then it got another one then Steelix used dig and then used draonbreath.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Torkoal has some major opportunities coming up... let's hope he achieves some of them and gets at least one victory!

ChaosMage said:
Torkoal has some major opportunities coming up... let's hope he achieves some of them and gets at least one victory!

In the speculation thread for the next episode said Torkoal will beat Spectile and Metagross and lose to shirtry to redeem it slef and I was like please let that happen. Because that is the perfect way to redeem itself becasue two full evolutions.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Corphish vs. Swampert was crap. It wasn't really anything spectacular to look at, and it was pretty much over as soon as it started.
Pikachu vs. Steelix was actually not too bad considering how nice it looked.
Torkoal vs. Steelix was just plain sad. Both in the boo-hoo and pathetic sense of the word.
Grovyle defeating Steelix didn't even make any sense, but I suppose I can't complain seeing as it looked pretty impressive. I especially liked when Grovyle tore through the Dragonbreath attack like it was nothing.
Gligar's battle against Swellow was pretty crap. We've seen Swellow take on much more punishment then that and still go on strong. Rushed~
Glalie is actually starting to bore me now, and its battle against Metang was really nothing too impressive. Headbutt, Take Down, Ice Beam, Confusion back and forth.
And I have to say, Metang's voice sucks. As does Sceptile's. Sceptile screaming out 'Juuiiii!' in a high pitched voice isn't exactly intimidating :p I don't think I can take either of them seriously~

I liked the interaction between both the Meowth's before the battle between Ash and Tetsuya. I was wondering if either of them would ever cross paths in a civil manner, and I'm glad they did. Even if the end result was Meowth getting crushed.

On the whole, I thought this episode was mediocre at best. I really don't think most of the scenes involving the characters chatting to each other were needed, or at least, they didn't need to be so lengthy. It just made the episode feel like a pretty weak effort to piece lots of things together at once.
On the plus side, some of the animation used wasn't actually half bad. Most notably during Pikachu's skirmish against Steelix, and pretty much all of Grovyle's time on screen. Gotta love how Grovyle ALWAYS gets nicely animated battle sequences.

Alfonso

Derpgull
What an utter, bitter dissapointment this episode was. In fact, I was actually DISGUSTED after watching it.

1) Growlithe. WTF. What was the purpose of giving Masamune Growlithe if they were just going to make it cannon fodder? -_- Oh, and boring old Kanto Pokemon plz.

2) SWAMPERT VS. CORPHISH. WTF. I'm sorry, but this was total b*llshit. I don't care how strong Corphish is, this was totally crap. So much for Grovyle vs. Swampert being the last battle. :3

3) Glalie vs. Metang. ...wtf. No Grovyle vs. Swampert, or Pikachu vs, Metang. Just crappy old Glalie against boring old Metang. >.> A rubbish battle, too.

4) Torkoal being screwed over. AGAIN.

So they waste lots of nice time with crappy talky bits. Battles could have been much longer without bits like TR. >.>

Alfonso says: STFU Scriptwriters and let us talk the Helm.

F

Factory Head Noland

Alfonso!!!!!!

This battle was very rushed I think. Corphish vs. Swampert didn't make much sense, Swampert was beaten way too easily for being a fully evolved Pokemon.
I liked the Steelix battles, they weren't that rushed and made sense (except Overheat being used, should have done more damage!).

I wonder why Masamune sent out Growlithe when he did, against Corphish? he saw how bad Corphish defeated Girafarig so why sent out a Fire type then to have the same fate as Girafarig?

I liked Swellow vs. Gligar and Glalie vs. Metang, those battles were done quite well. There is a lot of both Pokemon knocking each other out lately but it works with me ^_^

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Yay, Alfonso is back. Teh awesomeness indeed ~^.^~

Geodude said:
How exactly did it not make sense? There was nothing wrong with that part of the battle.
Grovyle taking down Steelix with one Leaf Blade, and the fact that Steelix hadn't taken too much damage before-hand.
It was nicely done like the majority of Grovyle battles tend to be and this is the animé where anything can happen, but when he manages to KO a metallic snake creature with one attack that isn't actually effective, something's screwy.

Last edited:
F

Factory Head Noland

Steelix was hit with a very powerful Overheat from Torkoal beforehand, when Grovyle used Leaf Blade it attacked Steelix and made it fall with the force used in the attack.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Gravy said:
Yay, Alfonso is back. Teh awesomeness indeed ~^.^~

Grovyle taking down Steelix with one Leaf Blade, and the fact that Steelix hadn't taken too much damage before-hand.
It was nicely done like the majority of Grovyle battles tend to be and this is the animé where anything can happen, but when he manages to KO a metallic snake creature with one attack that isn't actually effective, something's screwy.

Answer= Steelix's KO looked cool, so that's why it was there.

To be honest, I was rather happy with Steelix's performance in the battle. I know I wasn't the only one who thought it would simply be Torkoal fooder, and so... :D 'Sides, Steelix is awesome. *has one in Netbattle named Galcian* 500 Defense, plz.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I love Glalie, and I thought its battle against metang was cool.

XD with the Swampert and Corphish scene. Seeing two Pokemon beat each other up with happy music playing.

I hate Steelix. It beat Torkoal.......

GLIGAR WAS AWESOME! And so was its opponents.

XD. It looks like james, Jessie, and Meowth got pregnant after eating all that food.

Type Wild playing was a treat!

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
So, let me get this straight - we finally got a Sceptile...and it wasn't Ash's Grovyle evolving?

Damn, I was really hoping they'd go that route...but still, we've got one more "Ash Vs. Masamune" episode, so there's still hope. If they pit Ash's Grovyle against Masamune's Sceptile and have it evolve then, that'd be a great way to finish off the battle.

The best battle for me was Grovyle vs Gligar. Even though Grovyle lost, the battle was really cool, with Grovyle hiding in the grass like some predator while Gligar flies around cutting the grass to look for it.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Jesse GS the II said:
So, let me get this straight - we finally got a Sceptile...and it wasn't Ash's Grovyle evolving?

Damn, I was really hoping they'd go that route...but still, we've got one more "Ash Vs. Masamune" episode, so there's still hope. If they pit Ash's Grovyle against Masamune's Sceptile and have it evolve then, that'd be a great way to finish off the battle.

Um, Ash beat Masamune in this episode. And we already saw a Sceptile before this episode, two episodes ago belonging to Tetsuya.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Kojiro said:

Um, Ash beat Masamune in this episode. And we already saw a Sceptile before this episode, two episodes ago belonging to Tetsuya.

Ah, so I didn't have it straight after all...guess that's what I miss when I'm away for a week.

Geodude

Gravy said:
You're conveniently forgetting two things:

1. Steelix had already taken damage from a supereffective Overheat. (Why is it people always forget about damage done by a previous Pokemon?)

2. Leaf Blade does normal damage to Steelix.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Not to mention Haganeeru's special defense blows. And although applying game mechanics to the animé doesn't work too well, in this situation you'd think it would come into account to some degree. :p

Unlike Mikan's Haganeeru, Masamune's wasn't even using any sort of defensive tactics against the fire-type attacks. It just took Kootasu's overheat at full power and hardly even flinched.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Right. Terrible Special Defense. I guess that's why it survives a damn Overheat!

I wish they would make up their minds on how they plan to handle these battles. It seems more like a dart board effect than a coherent method.