• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Choose It Or Lose It! (407)

A

Ash XD

Yeah cybercubed yourright squirtle is by far the best water pokemon ash has tsss i hat the freakin corphish and bulbasaur is also grater and better than Grovyle

B

Blaziken master

I actually thought this ep was okay,just that the battle was rushed and torkoal,girafarig and swampert being shafted.The glalie vs metang wasn't the best,but I loved the gligar matches.I also love the part where meowth gets crushed by the tree

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I know I'm not supposed to post on threads that haven't been posted in for a month, but this episode just appeared in the US.
Anyways, I thought this episode was great. It was cool to see a Meteor Mash. It was also cool to see a Sceptile since I missed last week's episode. It was funny when the tree fell on TR Meowth after Meowth in Boots cut it. The TC was very cool and interesting. The battle between Morrison and Ash was very cool.
Only 2 things in this episode.
1) Morrison's Steelix
a) it's voice wasn't echo-like like Jasmine's
b) is it just me or was Steelix smaller than Jasmine's or the other Steelix in the valley where Ash caught Torkoal?
2) Max said that Glaile has the advantage over Metang. It should've been the other way around (Metang has the advantage over Glaile).

Last edited:
G

Geki

I think this was the worst battle of the Hoenn League so far. It was rushed, and I felt like the battles weren't that good. Mostly it was dodging, and then attacks that ended up either KOing, or badly damaging the Pokemon. How is it possible for two Dragonbreaths from a Steelix to KO a Torkoal that hit it with Overheat and Flamethrower?

9/10

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
I liked this episode. Ha they messed up the title, Choose It Or Loose It. Steelix was really cool. I really like Morrison in this ep, hes a cool character. Gligar was really good too. Well thats it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
For Growlithe that put up such a good fight against the Machamp and Marowak from its first battle, Ash sure KO'd it quick.

Heh, anyone notice that Corphish took out three of Morrison's Pokemon? (Girafarig, Growlithe and Swampert) Its so powerful already, if it ever becomes a Crawdaunt it'd probably even surpass Ash's Squirtle.

Steelix was awesome, and Torkoal got yet another embarassing defeat. Seriously, what's the point of Torkoal? It's not only the weakest Pokemon on his Hoenn team, but it barely ever gets a win! Were the writers really that desperate to give Ash a Fire type this region...he could have done without one.

Heh, I liked Grovyle Vs. Gligar as well as Swellow Vs. Gligar.

Metang Vs. Glalie was also cool. Glalie is very strong, Ash is lucky that Snorunt evolved during the Grand Fetsival, otherwise he may have lost against Morrison.

V Faction

www.faction.com
CyberCubed said:
Heh, anyone notice that Corphish took out three of Morrison's Pokemon? (Girafarig, Growlithe and Swampert) Its so powerful already, if it ever becomes a Crawdaunt it'd probably even surpass Ash's Squirtle.
Surely you've noticed that it is only powerful when it needs to be.

Steelix was awesome, and Torkoal got yet another embarassing defeat. Seriously, what's the point of Torkoal? It's not only the weakest Pokemon on his Hoenn team, but it barely ever gets a win! Were the writers really that desperate to give Ash a Fire type this region...he could have done without one.
You want to know what it is? Bad writing. Instead of giving Ash a different Pokemon or making Torkoal worthwhile, they let it flicker out and die, then quickly send it to Oak's.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
True, but its another reason why having the same types every region is pointless. Ash could have done without a Fire type this region, and he'd still get just as far.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Most stuff in Pokemon is pointless. They could give Ash a Grass Pokemon, Bug Pokemon, and Poison Pokemon as his team members and STILL have them advance to the Championship.

It's all a matter of the writers' will... Which is why I get frustrated sometimes because then we can clearly see Torkoal's negative performance is a reflection of that will.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
All I have to say is I'm so glad the dub didn't do what the translations of the Japanese episode saw (I saw this episode with subtitles).

"Headbutt of Power"
"Take Down of Courage"

That made the Japanese episode very excrutiating for me.

What everyone else said is pretty much echoed here. Rushed battle. Shafted Torkoal and Swampert.

Medea

Excalibur
This episode was alright. I couldn't help but feel sorry for Morrison at the very beginning of the episode. But then it quickly died! Those two blockheads really belong together.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The trouble with this episode is that by wanting to display all six pokemon of both opponents they ended up making the battle quite unrealistic. If they really wanted to make Ash and Morrison so closely matched, they should not have allowed Ash to gain such an advantage over him. Have him beat one of Morrison's pokemon due to Morrison not wanting to fight back is fine but instead we have his first pokemon beat three of his.

This results in Morrison essentially almost winning with only half his team against Ash's nearly whole one. It was simply too rushed and unbelievable. It would have been alright for Ash to win with two Pokemon left over I think.

That being said, Swellow vs. Gligar was good and kept the theme of both of them being able to take a lot of hits.

~Flareon~

I liked this episode. The EverGrande tournament between Morrison VS Ash, it was awesome. Ash won and face off against another rival, Tyson.
This is the battle Ash and Morrison win or lost:
Corphish VS Girafarig: Corphish wins
Corphish VS Growlithe: Corphish wins
Corphish VS Swampert: Both knocked out
Pikachu VS Steelix: Steelix wins
Steelix VS Torkoal: Steelix wins
Steelix VS Grovyle: Grovyle wins
Grovyle VS Gligar: Gligar wins
Gligar VS Swellow: Both knocked out
Glalie VS Metang: Glalie wins

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Wow, once the battle finally got started in this episode, it got really good. Morrison and Ash had one kick-butt battle, that was for sure. I loved Morrison's scene with growlithe, too. Morrison really is a great character, I've grown to love him. :) The scene where he says he's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK was the highlight of the episode. :D His scream out that he lost was good too.

Also, I found it so great that they had Lickitung and Wobbuffet together in Trainer's Choice on the day after the fifth anniversary of the airing of "Tricks of the Trade" (and in their traded positions!). Even if they were the wrong choices, that was AWESOME. :D

9/10 for me. At least I actually watched the episodes within 18 hours for a change.

I really enjoyed all the Hoenn League episodes, but with the title of this episode in the English dub, the title is spelt wrong. It says 'loose' instead of 'lose' which mean completely different things. Still, good episode.

Battra

An ok episode I really didn't get into Ashes battle with Morrison, but I think the battle between Ash and Tyson is going to be intense. I liked the scene with Meowth from TR trying to give advice to Tyson's Meowth on battling Pikachu I laughed when the tree fell on Meowth.

Jeff Zero

I liked this one, but yeah, the full Pokemon battles were rushed, oddly, Ash's battle against Katie was longer than his battle against Morrison and Tyson.

I actually DON'T like Morrison. I think he's a well written character, but I just don't really like him, and Sean Shemmell's voice for him is...well, interesting, but it can be a bit annoying as some fans have pointed out. I appreciated the Goku connection though. His delivery of the line "So, Ash...onto the Sem-I finals?" always bugged me for some reason, to me it almost sounded like he's not comfortable saying "Semi-finals".

However, there were lines in the episode I really liked because of the energy that he delivered the lines in. The way he voice got kind of cutesy when he was consoling Growlithe was a nice touch in my mind because I think we can all agree that's how a child might playfully talk to a puppie. I also LOVED the way he says "Alright, Steelix, let's go with DIIIIG!" He just sounds so confident and INTO it, and I can't blame him, Steelix's dig really worked well for him for most of the battle. It took Ash three tries to beat Steelix, and the same thing happened with Tyson's Hariyama.

Seeing Meteor Mash used in the anime was a great treat. It truly is a unique and beautiful attack, and the kind you just gotta see in the anime just because of how differant it looks, and sure enough, it was quite true to the game's animations, with the little colorfull gems flying around. I thought Glailie's win over Metang was kinda cheap though--a headbutt can knock out a Steel-type? Who writes this stuff?