1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Chorus II ~ The Storyline Face-Off

Discussion in 'Face-Offs' started by Dramatic Melody, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    C H O R U S

~ Limitless /// Imaginative ~

A story has no borders

It can stretch to whatever boundaries it chooses

And nothing can stop it

~^~

No, you aren't seeing things, nor are you daydreaming (night-dreaming where applicable): Chorus is back.

~If you don't want to read the [somewhat long] introduction, scroll down until you see the big "Chorus: The Edits End Here". That's where the story will start~

Harmonics 2 has risen from it's rather melancholic grave, and it takes the spot for Euphonics 3. Chorus takes pride as the longest lasting face-off of the Harmonics series, and the second longest lasting face-off of mine, with only Winged lasting significantly longer than it.

Between the creation of the two Choruses (January 23, 2007 and April 4, 2008), several face-offs have appeared that took the idea of incorporating stories within face-offs, some of which are:

~> Two Survival series (soon to be three if Illegible would get on with the release of the third one already)
    ~> MANY Adventure series (I really mean MANY)
    ~> Talc - The Mineral Storyline-style Face-Offs
    ~> Dubcro (stands for something I have no idea of)
    ~> Chorusam, the most recent spin-off of Chorus
    ~> Some others I have overlooked or have simply forgotten

This shows the success of the Storyline-style - something I kept in mind for the more than three months of Chorus' absence.

Now, Chorus II wouldn't be much different with Chorus I. To quote myself from Chorus I since I'm too lazy to write:

CHORUS: THE EDITS BEGIN HERE

THE RULES

Likewise, the rules don't differ from the previous Chorus. Again, quoting myself:

THE TALLYISTS

Euphonics III would need III tallyists. Right now I already have them...but I'll open up if I need more/a tallyist resigns.

I - Illegible
    II - king of blue
    III - DieChavsDie

THE BOOKS

CURRENT CHAPTER

Book 4 - Chapter 4
    Unexpected
    Rules

CHORUS: THE EDITS END HERE

DISCLAIMER: None of the events depicted in the stories of Chorus are real. All of them are fiction. While some characters will be based on real people (such as forumers) or the anime, none of the events they are experiencing in the story are happening in real-life.

Now let's go to why you even bothered clicking this thread. On with the story.

CHORUS; THE STORYLINE-STYLE FACE-OFFS
    BOOK 3
    ~REPLACEMENT~

Prologue ~ Resignation​

"I QUIT."

A very furious Mudkip slammed down his papers onto the wooden desk. The green Pokemon behind it looked terribly shocked as he stared at the papers in front of him, containing the blue Pokemon's employment information.

"Wait a minute, Kyle, you can't quit!" the Mudkip's boss replied rather uneasily.

"That's Dramatic Melody to you, Joe," the Mudkip barked at him irately.

"Okay, fine, Dramatic Melody," the Celebi restated, "but call me Serebii."

"Well, Serebii," Dramatic Melody began irritatingly, "I read your pathetic rulebook and I am very much qualified to quit, since it states I can do it whenever I want, given I have valid reasons to do so."

"And what might these valid reasons be?" Serebii questioned, hoping he doesn't give any answer.

"Being a moderator stinks," he said bluntly, "and the Face-Offs realm is clearly too big for me to handle. I wouldn't be surprised if Medea and Sweet May follow me soon afterward, seeing Games and Clubs are as big of a burden as Face-Offs are. And pretty soon, you'll be out of precious moderators to guard the sections of your beloved forum world."

Serebii was speechless - Kyle had a point, but he didn't want to let him go.

"Well, if you insist, you must do me one last favor," Serebii states after moments of thinking.

"And what might this last favor be?" Dramatic Melody asked curiously.

"Find me your replacement."

Dramatic Melody started giggling - how could Joe expect him to find a replacement that easily? He certainly wasn't serious.

"Oh yes, Kyle," the Celebi said eerily, "I am dead serious."

"Damn you and your telepathy," the Mudkip shot back at him, annoyed by his psychic boss, "Fine. If you want replacements, I'll give 'em to you."

"You have seven days," Serebii told him. "Good luck."

"Pfft," Dramatic Melody mumbled as he left the office of his boss.

~^~​

That's right, you have to nominate members of the Face-Off community! I will only accept a total of eight nominations, so get nominating!

RULES FOR BOOK 3, PROLOGUE

1. General Chorus rules apply.
    2. You can only nominate up to two times. You can nominate once per day. YOU CANNOT NOMINATE YOURSELF.
    3. Nominate the member and the Pokemon that resembles that member (for example, me as a Mudkip). Should a nominated member note down that he/she wishes to be a different Pokemon, he/she can simply post here or PM me.
    4. Only people who frequent (or had frequented) the Face-Offs section can be nominated.

I won't nominate anyone - to be fair. ;)

And...once again, it begins.

WELCOME TO EUPHONICS III
    CHORUS II
    THE STORYLINE FACE-OFF

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  2. So I was just aimlessly perusing the forum when Chorus II appeared on the index....yeah.

What I have to say is bolded...

I'm gonna be fair to this forum and nominate probably one of the greatest yet most short-lived FOers ever, Pure and Alakazam.

3. Hysteria didn't finish, but I did finish writing its story with the one I wanted winning =P.

Before you ask: no, I'm not planning on posting it.

Nominations:

1. Pure (Alakazam)

4. king of blue

king of blue That's me!

Kikas127 (Charizard)
    Can I tally as well?

5. It's Kikas123, and yes you may. =)

Nominations:

1. Pure (Alakazam)
    2. Kikas123 (Charizard)

6. king of blue

king of blue That's me!

Illegible (Unown(C))

Nominations:

1. Pure (Alakazam)
    2. Kikas123 (Charizard)
    3.Illegible (Unown(C))

7. ^
    No no, you can only nominate once per day. ;)

Nominations:

1. Pure (Alakazam)
    2. Kikas123 (Charizard)

8. DieChavsDie

DieChavsDie Well-Known Member

May I be the last tallyist please?

And I nominate The Benmeister and Magneton

9. I knew you would get it. =P

Nominations:

1. Pure (Alakazam)
    2. Kikas123 (Charizard)
    3. The Benmeister (Magneton)

10. Volteon

Volteon Back I guess??

I nominate .. Ludi-Kero!! And his Ludicolo.

He is the silent genius, no one notices him, because that's exactly what he wants!

11. king of blue

king of blue That's me!

1. Pure (Alakazam)
    2. Kikas123 (Charizard)
    4. Ludi-Kero (Ludicolo)

12. DieChavsDie

My last nomination shall be Illegible and Togetic

1. Pure (Alakazam)
    2. Kikas123 (Charizard)
    4. Ludi-Kero (Ludicolo)
    5. Illegible (Togetic)

13. king of blue

king of blue That's me!

my last nomination is Octoboy as Octillary.

1. Pure (Alakazam)
    2. Kikas123 (Charizard)
    4. Ludi-Kero (Ludicolo)
    5. Illegible (Togetic)
    6.Octoboy (Octillary)

14. 1. Pure (Alakazam)
    2. Kikas123 (Charizard)
    4. Ludi-Kero (Ludicolo)
    5. Illegible (Togetic)
    6.Octoboy (Octillary)
    7.Staryu (Staryu)

15. @Kyle-I was actually going to ask for it...it would be fitting, IMO, before you start Book 3 to post a possible ending to Hysteria. It seems uncomplete otherwise...
    @ea-Staryu was one of my first choices for who to nominate, too =P...

I'm not sure who to nominate...for a dark horse, Deputy and Arcanine.

16. If I feel unlazy enough, I'll post it. =P

1. Pure (Alakazam)
    2. Kikas123 (Charizard)
    4. Ludi-Kero! (Ludicolo)
    5. Illegible (Togetic)
    6. Octoboy (Octillery)
    7. Staryu (Staryu)
    8. Deputy55 (Arcanine)

Chapter One ~ Search

Notice:
    Calling all the Pokemon of the Face-Offs Realm!
    Your leader, Dramatic Melody, has stepped down from his position!
    As such, Prime Minister Serebii is now opening positions to the next Face-Off Representative of the Parliament.
    If any of you think you are eligible, contact Dramatic Melody immediately.

The Pokemon of the Face-Offs Realm had mixed reactions - some were broken-hearted with the departure of such a great leader, while some thought it was rightful that a replacement was to be made. Nevertheless, all of them had one question on their minds.

Who was going to replace Dramatic Melody?

The residents of Euphonics Town were deeply saddened, as their pride and joy had resigned. All the other past Face-Offs Representatives have all been from the urban Harmonics City.

"All except that pushy and obnoxious but clever and brilliantly-minded Mudkip," DieChavsDie, the town's mayor concluded his long and winded speech about Dramatic Melody to his people. The Hippopotas took great pride over this, as the Mudkip wasn't only his best choice for a representative, but was also his closest and dearest friend.

"Even though Harmonics City will probably have the most rightful applicants, I will still send seven Pokemon to Anthology City for the application. Now, I think eight of you are rightful for the position, but since only seven will be sent, one of you will unfortunately have to stay."

The Pokemon looked at each other confusingly - which eight was he talking about, and which of them will have to stay?

~~~​

Dramatic Melody was glancing out of the window of the train.

"I can't believe I gave up my spot, the job I dreamed of my whole life," he thought, "but I guess all good things must come to an end."

He relaxed his shoulders on the seat and closed his eyes, when suddenly he felt a tight grip on his chest. He felt a palm over his mouth that prevented him to scream.

"No, no, no, my good sir," the deep voice mouthed out. "You're coming with me."

~^~​

Yeah, harsh, I know, one of the eight nominees will instantly be eliminated. =P

The first round will involve a hybrid ( ;) ) of the Countdown and Attrition styles - only the negative tags of the Countdown style will be used. Since there are only four, you will only assign it to four out of the eight Pokemon - the remaining four will not receive any deduction.

If you don't know, don't remember, or something:

Chord (-1)
    Note (-2)
    Beat (-3)
    Soundlessness (-4)

RULES FOR BOOK 3, CHAPTER 1

1. General Chorus rules apply.
    2. Voting is once per hour.
    3. Apply one of each tags to one Pokemon.
    4. Each Pokemon has 50HP. First to 0HP gets eliminated from the competition! Only one gets eliminated, so choose wisely!

So I'll go...

Chord - Staryu
    Note - Charizard
    Beat - Octillery
    Soundlessness - Arcanine

Pure (Alakazam) - 50HP
    Kikas123 (Charizard) - 48HP
    The Benmeister (Magneton) - 50HP
    Ludi-Kero! (Ludicolo) - 50HP
    Illegible (Togetic) - 50HP
    Octoboy (Octillery) - 47HP
    Staryu (Staryu) - 49HP
    Deputy55 (Arcanine) - 46HP

Start voting!

17. DieChavsDie

Chord - Staryu
    Note - Arcanine
    Beat - Charizard
    Soundlessness - Ludicolo

Pure (Alakazam) - 50HP
    Kikas123 (Charizard) - 45HP
    The Benmeister (Magneton) - 50HP
    Ludi-Kero! (Ludicolo) - 46HP
    Illegible (Togetic) - 50HP
    Octoboy (Octillery) - 47HP
    Staryu (Staryu) - 48HP
    Deputy55 (Arcanine) - 44HP

18. As much as it would be strategic for me to attack Ludi-Kero! or Kikas, I'll rank it as if I was ranking...

Chord-->Staryu
    Note-->Arcanine
    Beat-->Magneton
    Soundlessness-->Octillery

19. king of blue

king of blue That's me!

chord- Pure
    Note- Deputy55
    Beat- The Benmister
    Soundlessness- Ludi-Kero

Pure (Alakazam) - 49HP
    Kikas123 (Charizard) - 45HP