• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chorus II ~ The Storyline Face-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieChavsDie

"So the Charizard wanted to play dirty" the Umbreon thought. "Well, Ive brought it to this cave and ill make sure it pays the price for its stupidity". And with that, the Umbreon moved with agility faster than anybody could have thought possible.

It darted in circles around the Charizard, who kept a close eye on the cat. Then, one after another, five beams of light, getting greater in intensity with each beam, hit Charizard, each hit more powerful than the last. It was Trump Card, a move that Umbreon often considered too "unfair" to use. It might be a crook, but it still had a sense of justice.

Charizard sank to its knees, beads of perspiration trickling from its forehead. It looked almost down, but did not close its eyes.

But the Umbreon's glory was short lived, for the Magneton and Octillery had a plan.

Octillery aimed, and fired a succession of Octazooka's at the Umbreon, which Magneton then aimed Thunderbolts at, turning each ball of ink into a ball of pure electrical energy. These hit Umbreon one after another, leaving it to exclaim "oof".

Good Side:

Pure (Alakazam) - 20HP
Kikas123 (Charizard) - 10HP
The Benmeister (Magneton) - 35HP
Illegible (Togetic) - 30HP
Octoboy (Octillery) - 40HP

Bad Side:

PsiUmbreon (Umbreon) - 10HP
Volteon (Jolteon) - 0HP

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Umbreon wasn't done just yet, as it took another Faint attack to Pure, as he recoiled.

Illegible clapped his hands again, and Kikas charged Umbreon from behind and knocked it away from Pure, it skidded into a corner.
The Charizard was tired, and in pain, "Oh, I'm ****** now! If I go, you're coming with me!" Yelled Kikas as he ran at Umbreon, blinded with rage, and started tearing the Umbreon limb for limb, until it stopped moving, and there wasn't much left of Umbreon. PAnting, Charizard exclaimed "Shis-Shaa", then sat down for a nap.

DieChavsDie

Good Side:

Pure (Alakazam) - 15HP
Kikas123 (Charizard) - 10HP
The Benmeister (Magneton) - 35HP
Illegible (Togetic) - 30HP
Octoboy (Octillery) - 40HP

Bad Side:

PsiUmbreon (Umbreon) - 0HP
Volteon (Jolteon) - 0HP

Charizard is lowest on HP and is thus eliminated

Kikas! You could have eliminated Pure...now Illegible is gonna get nasty since he lost his partner in crime <<. By the way, DCD, like how you mentioned that Illegible shouted a lot =P...

CEASE POSTING

Chapter Five ~ Phoenix

"Urgh, you're much stronger than we thought," a defeated Umbreon said.

"Hell yeah we are," The Benmeister stated proudly, "now give us back Dramatic Melody!"

"I-I-I don't think so," Volteon said eerily as he let out a peculiar howl, deafening both his partner and the other Pokemon. Suddenly, the metal ceiling burst open, and a Pokemon resembling that of a Phoenix entered the cave.

"GoldenHouou?!" Illegible stated in shock, "you're in this too?"

The Ho-Oh ignored the Togetic's comment and simply swooped it's right wing on the ground, letting the two eons with Dramatic Melody get in its back. In an instant, it rose up towards the sky and flew away, the impact of the rising causing the cave to tremble!

"Oh, great, now we're gonna be trapped inside this cave," Octoboy said pessimistically, "unless some jet is gonna appear up there and pull down a rope, we're good as useless!"

Frankly enough, that's exactly what happened.

A jet in the shape of a Swablu appeared above the cave. The pilot, also a Swablu, announced through her speakerphone to hold on to the rope, informing them that it can hold up to three Pokemon.

"But there's five of us!" Pure stated, "well, four, since Kikas123's down. Someone has to stay here and guard Kikas."

"Hurry up!" the Swablu told them, "we have to catch that Ho-Oh!"

~^~

Sorry for the lame chapter...I'm having Writer's Block. >.<

For this round, we'll use Boolean Voting. Yeah, the one made by Zadros, where you change True to False and vice versa. It's appropriate - True means they're holding the rope, False means they're not. =P

Thing is, though, this time they have two "statuses" set in True/False, and you can only switch one of them to True (or false again) one at a time. Both statuses must be "True" so they can fully hold the rope.

RULES FOR BOOK THREE, CHAPTER FIVE

1. General Chorus rules apply.
2. Voting is once per three hours, so as not to make it too quick.
3. You can only switch one status per Pokemon per vote.. Hopefully you'll understand in the tally.
4. The round ends when both statuses of three Pokemon are "True" and at least one of the statuses of the other Pokemon is false.
5. You can still alter the statuses of a contender even if both their statuses are True. The only exception is Rule 4, since the round would be over.

This is the tally:

Contender - Status1 ~ Status2

Pure (Alakazam) - False ~ False
The Benmeister (Magneton) - False ~ False
Illegible (Togetic) - False ~ False
Octoboy (Octillery) - False ~ False

In your vote, you have to indicate which Pokemon you're gonna vote on and which Status you're gonna switch. ;)

Illegible - Status1 switched to True

Illegible (Togetic) - True ~ False

Don't get it? Shout at me. =P

Start switching!

Illegible changed his mind and let go of the rope, not standing for leaving Kikas behind. He eloquently yelled, "You three go with SnoWing; I'll stay here and help Kikas by making wishes. I'll make sure we attend Pure's modship ceremnony." His tone changes to a more calm, serious one as he looks at the Alakazam, "I wish you the best, Pure."

Illegible1-->False

Pure2-->True

Pure (Alakazam) - False ~ True
Octoboy (Octillery) - True ~ False

king of blue

That's me!
Octoboy status 2 True.

DieChavsDie

Magneton Status 1 True

Pure (Alakazam) - False ~ True
The Benmeister (Magneton) - True ~ False
Octoboy (Octillery) - True ~ True

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Pure 1 Status True

Ludi-Kero!

Hugging 'til the end
Let me try =P

"As the wisest member left behind, I, Alakazam, should stay with the Charizard protecting Kikas123 with my psychic powers". Those were the last words the other Pokémon heard from the brave hero Alakazam...

Alakazam - Status 2 switched to False

DieChavsDie

Magneton- Status 2 switched to true

Pure (Alakazam) - True ~ False
The Benmeister (Magneton) - True ~ True

DieChavsDie

Alakazam- Status 2 switched to True

Pure (Alakazam) - True ~ True
Octoboy (Octillery) - False ~ True

king of blue

That's me!
Pure (Alakazam) - True ~ True

Cease Posting!
Illegible has lost!

Chapter Six ~ Duels

"Wait, Illegible's left down there? Wh-wh-why?" SnoWing asked worriedly.

"He volunteered to stay behind and guard Kikas," Pure informed her, "he gives you his best wishes as a pair."

"Oh," SnoWing mumbled, discouraged at the fact that her pair wasn't aboard, "well if this is what he wants, then I leave it up to him."

She sped up her Swablu jet, quickly catching up to the flying Phoenix. When they were close enough, she fired, hitting the bird's right wing, forcing the Ho-Oh to land on the peak of Zephyr Mountain.

"Okay guys, get the parachutes stowed in the back," SnoWing informed them, "you have to make a jump and land on the peak of Zephyr Mountain. If I descend towards the peak, they might fire towards us and destroy the jet."

Understanding the situation, the Alakazam, Octillery and Magneton grabbed a parachute each and prepared to jump.

"Good luck guys!" the SnoWing encouraged as she opened the door. While hesitant, they knew they had to be brave for the sake of Dramatic Melody.

And so they jumped.

Fortunately, they landed in the correct spot, the air pressure only making them slightly dizzy. The Umbreon hissed as he sensed their presence, knowing that another battle was coming their way.

"Okay you three," PsiUmbreon said confidently, "bring it on."

The six Pokemon made their stance atop the glorious Zephyr Mountain. Dramatic Melody could do nothing but watch, although he was confident that his fellow Euphonians would do well, he still was worried as he knew GoldenHouou, Volteon and PsiUmbreon are formidable foes.

"I demand to know why you're doing this," Octoboy bellowed, "tell us right now!"

"Chillax," GoldenHouou said coolly, "it's simple really, we're gonna force Dramatic Melody here to crown Volteon as the next Face-Off mod."

"With me as the new mod, I can force Medea, Sweet May, Chelc or any other mod who's dying to quit to be replaced with GoldenHouou," Volteon continued.

"And together, us three can convince the other mods to ban up together and take down Serebii. And us three will rule the whole of SppF!"

"We won't let you do that!" Magneton said confidently, "us three will stop you!"

From below, it was a beautiful sight, but atop, it was a vision of chaos.

"Let's do this!" the three Euphonians said confidently.

This will be a long round. Yeah, Chorus needs more of this...

It'll involve three duels (hence the title) involving the pairs the two people make. Each Pokemon will be given two attacks, and you have to decide who attacks who.

RULES FOR BOOK THREE, CHAPTER SIX

1. General Phoenix rules apply.
2. Voting is once per hour. OMGWTF.
3. Each good Pokemon will have 100HP, while each bad Pokemon will have 120HP.
4. Use one attack per pair. Two Pokemon of the same pair cannot attack. Weaknesses and resistances don't apply. ;)
5. When one Pokemon of the good side faints, the round ends. When all three bad Pokemon faint and no good Pokemon faints, the one with the lowest HP gets eliminated.
6. You cannot make all three good Pokemon attack in one vote, same goes for bad Pokemon. At least one good Pokemon must attack and at least one bad Pokemon must attack in your vote.
7. The two Pokemon remaining will advance to the final!

So yeah, first the pairs and the attacks. They were done at semi-random... =P

Pair 1:

Pure (Alakazam) - 100HP
~> Psychic (PP: 9/9, Power: 8)
~> Shadow Ball (PP: 12/12, Power: 6)

Volteon (Jolteon) - 120HP
~> Thunderbolt (PP: 10/10, Power: 7)
~> Pin Missile (PP: 13/13, Power: 5)

Pair 2:
Octoboy (Octillery) - 100HP
~> Octazooka (PP: 9/9, Power: 8)
~> Signal Beam (PP: 12/12, Power: 6)