• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chorusam-A Page of A Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
sig1.png
sig2pn7.png

Welcome to Chorusam, the third of the Old But New series of Mystian face-offs! This FO is, as you can probably guess, a complete Chorus spin-off (hence the name-->Chorus+am for Agent Myst). As you can probably see from above, that is Kyle's signature. It is also his graphic of reliable FO members seen in the FAQ. This was the springboard for my story. Before we get to that, what is Chorus?
Dramatic Melody said:
Chorus is a story written by me which is about pokemon. It is a fairly simple story, and I decided that it would be a good face-off basis.

Chorus will follow a storyline, which will then be affected by the face-off voters' decision of who they want to go through or not. A topic will be assigned, and the number of participants will also be said. Then, the participants are used as the main characters/plot in the story, where the Storyline Face-off begins.

The story will introduce a series of crossroads, decisions and challenges, wherein I will put here as a face-off round. The round will have its own unique voting style; some new, some old, some used in other face-offs made by other users, and some everyone knows.

However, that was then and now is clearly not then; it's now. Thus, I am not gonna abide so closely to what Kyle was doing...
  • This is not the first Book of Chorus; it will not have all of the contenders going through to some goal. Well, actually, I lied. They are all going to a goal; you just don't have any idea what it is yet. Basically, the final contenders are on those images at the top of this post. By the end, they will all have played and lost or won. Make any sense? Doesn't have to...
  • The post frequency limit is always whenever minus DPing unless I explicitly say otherwise.
  • This FO is virtually nomination-free. That ensures that we get straight into it...
  • The Sharing and Caring Rule applies. Basically, anyone is a tallyist.
  • To be blunt, I don't have time to write a fanfic, thus the stories will be truncated and not high writing-quality. I'm aiming for there to just be a story and it be mostly a FO...though this will change for a few rounds, like more important ones.
  • I will keep a list in this post linking to the chapters in the place I posted them so you do not have to hunt for them if you miss any and wanna read back.
  • We are not running any fifty-page rounds here. I wanna keep them short and swet to ensure the story stays the same way.
  • The topic of the rounds themselves will not exactly be about writing the story; they wil moreof be influencing what is already there. Make any sense? Again, it doesn't have to =P...

Another brief thing on the title~the last three letters are S, A, and M. Chorusam, as the name implies, follows the story of the Togetic Sam, the eigth pokémon on the banner. You will get to meet the others later. Let's begin!

Chorusam Chapter One
A Page That Changed Everything

It was a beautiful spring day, a Saturday, in fact. The Poochyena were howlin' and the Minun were playin'. Yes, this was the perfect day for Alec to let Sam, his Togetic, fly about freely unsupervised. Sam was by no means a battling pokémon; he stopped competitive battling many a year ago already. Sam was also on the small side, as all Togetics are...so he was not the most imposing creature you may see. So he, humble as can be, flew about around the greenery nonchalantly. However, nature was not all nature. His eye caught something brownish amidst the prickly grass (Togetics levitate most of the time, and thus grass is unfamiliar).
;176;-I wonder what that is?
Sam carefully descended towards the thorny ground to see what it was.
;176;-Maybe it's a Zigzagoon all rolled up.
He touched it, and it felt like paper.
;176;-It's...an old piece of paper.
He frowned, but then he brightened up as he picked it up, making use of both hands.
;176;-Alec will love to see this! I gotta get this back to him right away! Wait--he had a rule. I think it was I cannot fingerprint artifacts.
Sam tried hard not to damage his gem as he flew to his home; however, when he was ascending up a tally, grassy hill (with the sun crowning it), he saw a golden glint and, suddenly, had a horrible flashback of a battle with a Drowsee that knew Flash. But it didn't last long. Sam was still cradling his page of paper almost as big as him, buthe was not on the grassy hill anymore. He was somewhere else, somewhere much, much more dangerous.

Chorusam Round One
Where is Sam?

Something is up. Whatever it is, well...Sam will have to wait to see. Until then, the Togetic who talks to himself a lot has a new surrounding. Of the following, which is it? You decide! The style is Backwards Agreement. In Agreement style, you agree on what contenders to eliminate. Thus, in Backwards Agreement style, you agree on what contender to advance. Much faster...

So here's what you do. Say I want Waffle to advance. I post this:
Advance Waffle

Say you are gonna post next. There are two options here. You can either:
Advance Waffle

or:

Stop Waffle

If you advance the Waffle, it has two points in the tally. Three points means it wins. It takes three different users to pull this off. So if I and you both advance Waffle, it takes a third person not us to make it win the round and have three points.
However, if you stop the Waffle, then it is back to zero points. Here is the catch: once someone starts the agreement by giving a contender points, you may not vote for any others until you stop the current one. Thus, it is illegal for this:

Advance Waffle
Advance Waffle
Advance Egg
-->the third poster should have posted this...
Stop Waffle
...nd tried to convince the other FOers to go with Egg instead. Get it? Kinda? Shout if you have any questions...

Here are the contenders:

Bakery-0
Bank of a Ferocious River-0
Bottom of a Pit-0
Hallway of A Black-Walled Building of Some Kind-0
Intricate Religious Edifice-0
Middle of a Seemingly Neverending Mountain Rage-0
Old Lady's House-0
Rock in the Middle of the Ocean-0
Sandy Desert-0
Serene Coastline-0
Snowy Grassland-0
Underwater Cavern-0

I came up with twelve differing locations that very well could alter the FO. There are no forests or anything there, as that is a very familiar sight to Sam which that means he may not have realised that he isn't in Kansas anymore. Choose wisely, and vote away!

Really? Huh...that depends on your skin, though =P.

Bakery-0
Bottom of a Pit-0
Old Lady's House-0
Sandy Desert-0
Serene Coastline-0
Snowy Grassland-1
Underwater Cavern-0

I'm gonna stay out since it's only up to three unless nobody else comes by...

...I didn't prepare for snowy suroundings ><. I thought the kind old lady's house would sell xD...well, I s'pose Sam could get cold and lose his ability to fly...[/sneakpeekifthisadvances]

Bakery-0
Bottom of a Pit-0
Old Lady's House-0
Sandy Desert-0
Serene Coastline-0
Snowy Grassland-2
Underwater Cavern-0

One more...

Ludi-Kero!

Hugging 'til the end
Are we allowed to vote again? I didn't see any rule but I'm a little blind >>

If so, Advance Snowy Grassland again.

Nopperdoodles, has to be someone new...and I'll vte upon my return if nobody else does.

Bakery-0
Bottom of a Pit-0
Old Lady's House-0
Sandy Desert-0
Serene Coastline-0
Snowy Grassland-2
Underwater Cavern-0