• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Christian Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakuryuu

Bloody git
Gosh. I feel so behind. D: Meh, I really need to start on that prauer request list.. XD If you want, please PM me the request so I can have them on file. It'd be a hastle to go to the old thread.

New forum huh? *joins or something XD*

Please forgive me for being absent-minded and not posting sooner. School is just so... Meh. =/

I'd love to rejoin if that would be okay..

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
Don't worry about it - being away from a day doesn't really matter...Afterall, that's the beauty of the interweb and stuff!

Anyway, anyone got any advice for me or not - bear in mind the time difference...I'm GMT, so that should help. I posted this at 9pm, so I might be able to get you guys replies at some point before school - maybe...

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
I think you should wait until after your exams, so you can just focus on that...

If it's okay, I've decided to take notes when we do prayer requests at school...

1. A boy that graduated a few years ago and joined the army is going to Iraq in a few weeks.

2. Vanilla, my friend's, church youth group has adopted an orphan in Asia. They are sending her supplies and money and such.

3. Vanilla also knows of a boy that goes to a school the next county over who is cutting himself.

Haruka

Banned
Did you know 78% of statistics are made up? :D

Well, most of them :D Go being sober 100% of the time for me! And being a male virgin (and proud :)).
As well as not having drugs, except for the occasional pot :D (ok, really, only frugs I do are medical ones i.e. hayfever :()

But I guess that's just me - I do laugh at people who have these experiences - one guy I met got soo drunk he fell asleep on a train to Amerstam (something like that) with no money or phone. Oops...

Anyway, should I ask her tommorw (Friday), Saturday or wait till my exams are over (Wednesday and Thursday)?

Do it whenever you feel like it. But if I was you, I'd ask her on Saturday. I wouldn't wait too long. But again, Do it when you'd like to.

Pikawho?

(five15)
I think you should wait until after your exams, so you can just focus on that...

If it's okay, I've decided to take notes when we do prayer requests at school...

1. A boy that graduated a few years ago and joined the army is going to Iraq in a few weeks.

2. Vanilla, my friend's, church youth group has adopted an orphan in Asia. They are sending her supplies and money and such.

3. Vanilla also knows of a boy that goes to a school the next county over who is cutting himself.

I'll be praying for them. I sort of have a prayer request, but not really. Anyways, one of my wisdom teeth is growing in.(I'm not sure if they are supposed to come this early. If not, I'm abnormal:D) My mom is going to set up an appointment soon with the dentist to checkit out. Can you guys pray that, when I have them pulled, the operation will go quickly and safely? Thanks.

UltimateNagash, ask her after your exams. If you ask her before, then you will be focused on trying to get the answer from her and it might distract you from your studies which will result in you not doing well.

C-Rich

Hellhathnofuryatall
Yea, ask her after the exams. I've been in the same hole as you are in now. I debated asking her during the exam days, but I'd figure that would bug me to the point that I'd do horrible. Wait until the pressure of school exams are over with and then make your move and ask.

Wow, I just realized that I've been sick for the whole school week. I hate the flu...

Mare Imbrium

Sea of Rain
Sorry you're sick, C-Rich. Flu is no fun AT ALL. I'll be praying for everyone here tonight, especially you. And speaking of which, I have a prayer request. My friend's dog got hit by a car and died a few days ago, and she's pretty sad about it. :(

I need to check here every day-there's tons of post since my last one! [/lazy]

Jem

Lost in your love
Before you guys go bashing Satanists, maybe you should find out what they are all about. Satanism isn't about worshiping the Devil, it's all about self worship; putting yourself before anything else.

Not to say it's still not wrong, but it's probably not as bad as most of you thought.

Please have an open mind too. You ask for every other religion to not bash Christianity, so don't bash theirs. It's only respectful.

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
Well, I'm not bashing anyone - anyway, there's going to be multiple versions and beliefs of any religion, even in the same place of worship. So nobody can say "all of these people do this and that" etc etc...

Anyway, exams Wednesday and Thursday
I work with her on Saturday
Maybe I'll get an answer, but who knows...

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Before you guys go bashing Satanists, maybe you should find out what they are all about. Satanism isn't about worshiping the Devil, it's all about self worship; putting yourself before anything else.
Satanism is a religious, semi-religious and/or philosophical movement whose adherents recognize Satan, either as an archetype, literal being, pre-cosmic force, or anything inbetween. Some Satanists celebrate aspects of human nature represented by the usually Christian or literary (Milton, Goethe) Satan archetype. Many Satanists do not worship a deity called Satan or any other deity. ...

Yes there are some who do not associate the devil with it, but as you can clearly see, the defintion is most usually used for people who do. To find someone using it to refer to someone who isn't...very unlikely. Not to mention self worship is just as bad as following the devil. We're not bashing, but the fact of the matter is that it's wrong. It's hard to disapprove of something without sounding hateful. The whole point of not approving of something is hating part of it.

And everyone who asked for prayer requests--got'cha covered.

Last edited:

Jem

Lost in your love
I don't want to start an argument here, so I'm going to correct you and drop it. (it would be great if you could quote your resources next time)

If you've read The Satanic Bible, you would know that Satan is not their God, or even their demigod. Satan is a figure that they should base themselves upon. Their Nine Laws are based on Satan from the actual Bible, however, he is just a symbol, according to their bible. The entire point of Satanism is worshiping yourself as god, and celebrating it as if were king of the world.

In today's society though, people have morphed Satanism to something it was never meant to be.

Edit- a verse came to mind about this.
Romans 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

You really shouldn't just study The Bible. It'd be great, if you were spiritually strong enough, to study other religions and beliefs. The more you know about a certain person's religion, the better the chance you can convert them. (for the most part, anyways)

Last edited:

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
I don't want to start an argument here, so I'm going to correct you and drop it. (it would be great if you could quote your resources next time)
Google definition. If you want something with more solid ground though;
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Satanism

You really shouldn't just study The Bible. It'd be great, if you were spiritually strong enough, to study other religions and beliefs. The more you know about a certain person's religion, the better the chance you can convert them. (for the most part, anyways)
I have. Even got the best grades in my class for Hinduism and Buddhism. The stuff ticked me off so much that it stuck in my mind, hence making me remember it well.

And as you said, people today look at satanism as worshipping the devil. Loads of satantic people THEMSELVES even do. Therefore going by old defintions makes no sense. Yes some people don't follow the loser (though modeling themselves after him is exactly the same), but people do. And that's what you call those that do. In fact as dictionary.com even pointed out, satanism is used to describe things that go against Christian beliefs as a whole. Worshipping yourself as god is clearly satantic.

And since my point has been made, lets just drop this. Not to mention, could you please join if you're going to continue to post? We made that rule about about non-members posting to just ask questions for a reason.

Last edited:

Haruka

Banned
And speaking of which, I have a prayer request. My friend's dog got hit by a car and died a few days ago, and she's pretty sad about it. :(

Aww, That's terrible. I'll be praying for your friend.:<

Not to say it's still not wrong, but it's probably not as bad as most of you thought.

Please have an open mind too. You ask for every other religion to not bash Christianity, so don't bash theirs. It's only respectful.
Well, You do have a point there. I won't bash them.

But I do have to say, It is as bad has most of us think. You're putting yourself before anything and everything. Also, Worshipping yourself? That's just low.

I won't say anymore about it, Since I don't wish to cause fights. God bless those people...

Mimori Kiryu

How's everyone doing today? :3 I'll be praying for everyone who's asked. I also have a prayer request that really isn't bad, its more of a praise. This weekend is my bowling tournament and there's going to be a lot of people there bowling for scholarships. I just wanted to ask if everyone could pray for myself and all of my friends and competition that we do good. Thanks if you can. :D

C-Rich

Hellhathnofuryatall
I love bowling! I want to go! I haven't bowled in years. (Wii Sports kinda makes up for it). I'm sure you'll do fine.

Pikawho?

(five15)
Yeah, I'll be praying that you can do well too. Everyone else who needed prayer, remember that I'm praying for you guys too.

I know nothing about satanism, so I can't really add anything. If you want to post anything else, then join. We have a rul;e about non-members posting and what conditions that they can post.

C-Rich

Hellhathnofuryatall
I found out something about my family. We will have to move around March. The bad thing is, I may have to move away from my friends. I definately do not want to tell my friends that I will have to move away from them (that will be the saddest day I would have to face). I'd give it all away than leave them. So, please, pray that I will not be able to move far away from where I am right now. I want to go to the school I am at and I want to at least be with my friends for the remaining school year.

Status
Not open for further replies.