• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Christian Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
i feel uncomfortable with a "god pokémon" because it is... y'know... just feels wrong... well i personally feel it feels wrong...
Don't worry, I know what you mean. Because you believe in God, it's not unusual to have an awkward feeling over it. For the most part I just ignore it when that happens.

Either that or just pretend that it's actually God's pokemon. XD

Btw, could everyone pray for me? Some stuff's been on my mind lately and it's bothering me. I've also been getting really tense and it's giving me pains in my head and body.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
I guess I might as well, I do understand what you're saying.

Not sure if I should start a new topic, but how do you feel about Arceus being the God Pokémon? That it created the unverse, and all of that stuff? It really doesn't bother me, since I didn't like Arceus from the beginning (I only like a few legendaries), but when you think about it, it does sort of seem wrong to make a God Pokémon. But I don't know, it is just a game.

I think of it as some people was amazed at the power of the pokemon (it is the most powerful, after all), and started making stories about it. Through the years, the stories got bigger and bigger, until it was considered a god.

Arceus enjoyed the attention and fear it had over the general populace, so it never corrected anybody. And that's why people in the pokemon world believe he's a god.

I mean, it is a powerful pokemon, but it's in no way a god. If it was, not even a master ball should be able to hold him. Yet, it can.

HommeDor

L'Hiver Est Arrivé
Don't worry, I know what you mean. Because you believe in God, it's not unusual to have an awkward feeling over it. For the most part I just ignore it when that happens.

Either that or just pretend that it's actually God's pokemon. XD

Btw, could everyone pray for me? Some stuff's been on my mind lately and it's bothering me. I've also been getting really tense and it's giving me pains in my head and body.
you have my prayers

Pikawho?

(five15)
Arceus = god? It's just a game. It's not like Nintendo is telling us to follow it. XP

PumpedAaron

Bodybuilder Trainer
I've finally picked up my Bible reading habits.

I read Proverbs 11 all the way through.

And my fav verse from Proverbs 12 "He who loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid"

I never did pay attention to that last part though. I''ll be sure to apply it from now on.

PumpedAaron

Bodybuilder Trainer
Arceus never bugged me, I'm sure God knows that its a game and that we can enjoy and thank God for it.

shiney mew

Marsh Trainer
I think of it as some people was amazed at the power of the pokemon (it is the most powerful, after all), and started making stories about it. Through the years, the stories got bigger and bigger, until it was considered a god.

Arceus enjoyed the attention and fear it had over the general populace, so it never corrected anybody. And that's why people in the pokemon world believe he's a god.

I mean, it is a powerful pokemon, but it's in no way a god. If it was, not even a master ball should be able to hold him. Yet, it can.

That makes sense. Whenever some story has a character that's supposed to be a god but isn't the real God, I just think of it as the character's not really a god, but people believe it is because it's really powerful. For example, the beet in Saul of the Mole Men (although that show's impossible to take seriously at all anyway). Besides, no matter what they believe, characters can't end up in Heaven or hell because they're drawings (well, unless you count stories where it's important, like All Dogs Go to Heaven).

Manaphyman

Up all night
I like that theory a lot, in fact, that is what I consider Arceus to be now, because of that theory. It jsut doesn't feel right, I guess : A GOD pokemon.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Anyway it bugs me a little too that Psi is so sure in the fact that he has the truth. Remeber Psi made the opening post so don't think that everyone in the forum thinks that.

Yeah, I agree with you. I remember about a year ago Psi made a comment in a thread called "The Bible is Repulsive" or something like that. I just happen to remember one post, and Psi threatened to ban someone about being Christian because they asked a question quizzing Atheism. It was something along those lines, and maybe he didn't actually threaten, but I'm pretty sure it was close to something like that.

But then again I could be imagining things :p

HommeDor

L'Hiver Est Arrivé
True, and Arceus is not the God pokemon. It's the "creation pokemon"
ah so people just "assume" it is the "god pokémon"? well thats good.... makes me feel more comfortable about it

HommeDor

L'Hiver Est Arrivé
hey, i have a question, how do you guys feel a christian story should be written?
i am thinking along the lines of like C.S Lewis who used symbolism, or Francine Rivers (using God in her stories) or like James Byron, who writes a Harry Potter - type story involving God...
what do you think?

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
I personally think like Narnia, its an awesome series that I loved since I was ten, infact, I think Arceus is kind of symbolism, like Aslan is to Jesus in the Narnia universe, I don't know, but meh...

HommeDor

L'Hiver Est Arrivé
lol i hated those books, they were ABSOLUTELY DULL!!! but i liked his new ones. the perelandra e.t.c books (names forgotten)

Absol 20/20

Seasoned Trainer
:eek: WHAT??? I loved those! :p lol Hmm... How should a Christian story be written? Not too sure. I like *crosses out "like"* LOVE symbolism and metaphorical expression, however, it depends on the idea that a person's trying to convey. I like the idea of writing a Christian story with ideas that parallel Biblical concepts, and I also think that there should be real-world applications to... apply. xD Seriously, tell the story of a Christian man/woman/boy/girl/dog/whatever (lol) living in today's world with today's problems. Ah, something else to consider might be to add a few metaphorical touches, here-and-there to blend the real with the surreal. ... Hope you guys understood that, because I sure as heck didn't! XD

Ah, and I think I remember seeing those new ones! I should read 'em sometime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.