• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Christian Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

masteroftime

OBJECTION BBQ!
Yay everything went good, Thanks all!!!!

Fonzo123454321

Attack Trainer
Where do you stand on the pro-choice/pro-life debate?

I'm not sure what each is? Could someone fill me in? and also great, i'm glad everything turned out ok!

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words

I'm not sure what each is? Could someone fill me in? and also great, i'm glad everything turned out ok!

The whole thing is this.

If you are against:
  • Embryonic stem-cell reasearch
  • euthenasia
  • the death penalty
  • and abortion

then you are pro-life.

If you are for abortion, then you are pro-choice.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
the death penalty
Woah, woah, woah, while you're right, pro-life is also used for people against this, not everyone agrees. While I do agree murder is wrong...sometimes there are people so sick and wrong in this world, death is what they deserve. To say "Oh, you killed all these people...go sit in jail all your life." What the heck? I don't wanna kill people so I'd never work for the government (I don't want to make those decisions), but at the same time I do think some people are so wrong...they shouldn't live. I mean, God put the government in charge. While they do, do stuff that He obviously is against, at the same time they apparently must be doing stuff He approves or else He wouldn't have them in charge.

Pro-life. There is no 100% protection against pregnancy except not having sex. If you have sex, you know the risks. Accept them and stop whinning.

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
Woah, woah, woah, while you're right, pro-life is also used for people against this, not everyone agrees. While I do agree murder is wrong...sometimes there are people so sick and wrong in this world, death is what they deserve. To say "Oh, you killed all these people...go sit in jail all your life." What the heck? I don't wanna kill people so I'd never work for the government (I don't want to make those decisions), but at the same time I do think some people are so wrong...they shouldn't live. I mean, God put the government in charge. While they do, do stuff that He obviously is against, at the same time they apparently must be doing stuff He approves or else He wouldn't have them in charge.

Remember Cain and Abel; and how even though Cain murdereded his brother, the Lord spared his life. Now, given that bit of information, if we are called to be like Christ; why do we have and support a punishment that would kill another human being. Let's not forget that it is God alone who decides who should live, and who should die.

Buster Cannon

True Blue
Hi, I'm Buster Cannon, and I'd like to join the Christian Alliance. I just happened to run across this and was surprised and happy that there was a Christian club on the forum. As for the topic at hand:

I'm pro-life. The only safe sex is abstinence.

Last edited:

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Remember Cain and Abel; and how even though Cain murdereded his brother, the Lord spared his life. Now, given that bit of information, if we are called to be like Christ; why do we have and support a punishment that would kill another human being. Let's not forget that it is God alone who decides who should live, and who should die.
While I agree, aren't we suppose to be judged by a jury of our peers? Not to mention, the death penalty isn't just thrown around like like a dirty washcloth, there's a lot of work and thought that goes into it.

I know my mom recently mentioned that guy who buried that little girl alive and molested her. He got the death penalty. Killing people isn't right, but then again...what do you do with a guy like that? We're suppose to love each other to the point of death, in other words...pretty much like family. If your daughter was molested and buried alive, would you be saying "go rot in jail and each good food and have a safe place to live"? Not to mention, these people shouldn't be doing such disgusting and inhumane acts to begin with. They know before they do it "I could get killed for this" but they still do it, so they really don't have anyone else to blame but themselves.

In the end, I will say it's wrong because it's God's place to decide death, but at the same time...I can fully understand why people are given the sentence.

i guess in more of a half and half, due to a injured lung and a nerve faliur in parts of my body i cant realy do physical things
Eh? Could you explain please?

And welcome Buster Cannon!

nintendofreakgcn

Seeker of the truth
so my step bros father has cancer in the bowel liver and lung. im actually kind of excited about this, since its the first time ill be able to see healing to a person close to me.

Okay, please tell me that I'm reading this wrong and/or that you have really bad wording. As I'm reading it, it seems like you're essentially saying "Yay, this guy has cancer!" I don't think I need to explain the moral problem with that.

Well, I think Manaphy Mare hit the definition of pro-life on the head, so I'll cover the issues raised by that definition.

Embryonic stem-cell reasearch: I'm certainly against this at present. Adult stem cell research has yielded more positive results and doesn't have the tricky moral minefield involved.

Euthanasia: definitions get a little bit tricky here, since some people class "pulling the plug" as euthanasia and some don't. I against the involuntary giving of drugs (or some other method) to kill sick people, for obvious reasons. I am against the voluntary version of this, because it leaves far too much potential for corruption (by falsified consent). In terms of pulling the plug, I think that needs to be handled on a case-by-case basis.

The death penalty: I am against this for one simple reason - what if you get the wrong verdict? If an innocent person is convicted of a crime and given something like a fine or a jail sentence, then the problem can be largely fixed. If evidence comes up to prove the person innocent, then compensation can be given. On the other hand, if someone is executed and then later found to be innocent, then compensation is rather pointless. In my opinion, if someone is found guilty of murder, then they should be sentenced for life (no parole) in a tough prison. If evidence is later found to prove they're innocent, then they can be given compensation. Otherwise, they suffer the most suitable punishment that still leaves room for an overturned verdict. Yes, I am aware that there is a long appeal system, but even that will go wrong sometimes, and even one wrong death penalty is one too many. If it wasn't for this issue of wrong verdicts, I don't know where I'd be on this one, but I don't need to think about it, for better or for worse.

Abortion: on this issue, I'm pro-life, but willing to make compromises. I'm willing to allow an abortion in an instance where continuing the pregnancy would cause a large physical health risk to the mother (her choice, of course), because in such instances it amounts to a choice between two lives. I am also willing (not quite so much) to allow an abortion in instances of rape, because the emotions involved in such situations are complex, extreme and simply beyond my ability to judge. In both instances, the mother should have as much counselling as is feasible before making her decision.

While they do, do stuff that He obviously is against, at the same time they apparently must be doing stuff He approves or else He wouldn't have them in charge.

I'm curious as to what God thought Hitler was doing right.

There is no 100% protection against pregnancy except not having sex.

That's balderdash, plain and simple. There are plenty of ways of having sex that have no risk of pregnancy whatsoever. In the interests of keeping my account, I shall not go into any further detail, save to say this: use your imagination.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
I'm pro life as well.

And on the subject of the death penalty, God did allow the Isrealites to put to death people who broke certain laws of his covenant. But there was a new covenant when Jesus paid the price for our sins. So I'm split on that.

But that is a debate for another time.

Manaphyman

Up all night

Well damn....

1)Abortion- MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE. An unborn child is still a life. It is preparing for the life that God has granted it. Who are we to decide who lives or dies?

Also, reagarding the legality of it.....well, lets say you kill a pregnant women. Thats murder in two counts. So why is it not murder if you just kill the baby?

2)Stem Cell Research- Depends. If you are "harming" a fetus that is slated to be destroyed otherwise, then fine. If its work with the placenta, then fine. If its intentionally killing an otherwise fine embryo, that would live otherwise, then NO.

3)Death Penalty- Who are we to decide who lives and dies? Isn't that God's job? Not to mention, the death penalty in the U.S. is a botched job. There are some people that we aren't even sure are guilty on death row! Life in Prison sounds much better.

4)Euthanasia- I have split this into two parts. This is the "assisted suicide" part. Suicide is against God's law correct? People who commit suicide go straight to Hell. Whether they do it theselves or someone helps. End of story.

5)"Pulling the Plug-" If the person is braindead, then yes. But actually brain dead, as in no brain function at all. Pull the plug and let nature take its course seems ok by me.

Regarding the sex comment. Your wrong. Absitnece is the ONLY method with a 100% chance of no pregnancy.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
I'm curious as to what God thought Hitler was doing right.
Dude, everything has a reason for happening. Do I know why God let Hitler be born? I mean, the guy was better off not exisiting, right?...Right?

Apparently not. Apparently there was something that needed to happen, that only his existence would ensure. I mean, what's better? A world where evil actually has a good reason for existing, or a world where evil exists and it's for no reason? A world without evil would be best of all, but if it's gotta exist, it can't be just to make everyone's life heck.

That's balderdash, plain and simple. There are plenty of ways of having sex that have no risk of pregnancy whatsoever. In the interests of keeping my account, I shall not go into any further detail, save to say this: use your imagination.
What medical book have you been reading? 100%? There is no 100% way of preventing pregnancy, go ask a doctor.

Heck, even if there's underwear between you, semen can still cause damage, those little suckers are determinded. The only 100% sure way not to get pregnant is to keep your pants on, even just semen around "that area" is dangerous.

Manaphyman

Up all night
Apparently not. Apparently there was something that needed to happen, that only his existence would ensure. I mean, what's better? A world where evil actually has a good reason for existing, or a world where evil exists and it's for no reason? A world without evil would be best of all, but if it's gotta exist, it can't be just to make everyone's life heck.

Agreed...I have no idea why...but that was up to God.

What medical book have you been reading? 100%? There is no 100% way of preventing pregnancy, go ask a doctor.

Heck, even if there's underwear between you, semen can still cause damage, those little suckers are determinded. The only 100% sure way not to get pregnant is to keep your pants on, even just semen around "that area" is dangerous.

Ermm, I am agreeing with you here, but sperm is the actually gamete, semen is the fluid it swims in.

Not to get graphic or anything.........

MidnightStorm

Abortion- MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE. An unborn child is still a life. It is preparing for the life that God has granted it. Who are we to decide who lives or dies?

Also, reagarding the legality of it.....well, lets say you kill a pregnant women. Thats murder in two counts. So why is it not murder if you just kill the baby?

I agree with this post from Manaphyman.

Stem Cell-Didn't they find a way to obtain stem cells without harming the fetus? There was something on the news but its been a while.

Death Penalty-If someone, say, kills another person and we in turn kill them and say that we're right and you're wrong, where does that leave us? Murder remains murder, no matter one's beliefs on it.

Euthanasia-Just depends on the situation, if someone is miserable and does really nothing, well I think it again, depends. Suicide on the other hand, is wrong, and I'm against that.

'Pulling the Plug'-Go with the wishes of the victim, if any. I suppose the family should arrive at a conclusion, not just the spouse as it might not always end well.

I am pro-life.

Manaphyman

Up all night
Alright, Midnight agrees! I figured my twisted logic would get through to someone.

I agree with most of what you said....

I of course, am Pro Life.

Ethan

Banned
Where do I stand on the pro-life/pro-choice debate? I'm somewhat mixed. The bible doesn't tell us when human life begins, but I mean if one cell isn't worth protecting what about two? Twenty? Twentythousand? Wheres the drawing line?

Manaphyman

Up all night
I think One Cell is worth protecting, however the governmet does not.

Should the stuff we're discussing be illegal? Well, some yes and some no. Certain issues, (except abortion.) are up to the family to decide.

Ash's Pika Pal

some have to let go
For me? Well, this is what I say about it.

Stem cell: I think they should let the baby that would of came from the cells live. I know they say stem cell research can save lives, but what would that life of done? Cure cancer maybe? Curing cancer could save alot of people! I don't know, but every life has a purpose. Also, isn't it easier to safe lives by donating blood than stem cells? Yes, I know they're two different things, but donating blood can have a big effect, too. Check out Jeremiah 1:5 That proves a baby has a soul, even when it's being used for stem cell reseach.

death pentalty:
I know it's not right to kill, but...They should some how have a thing set up for a person to atleast have another chance; kind of like councling. To show that they can be forgiven through Jesus Christ. Keep them in that place for maybe a year in a half/ two years or maybe until they change. When they see a full proof change, nothing fake, let them go. To make sure they've change give them a "good test" that can't be faked. Or the test maybe could even have to do with the Holy Spirit.... :) When you see proof God's given them the Holy Spirit let them go, for their life is changed. Who knows, Paul's life was changed and look at how many people he's killed and tourchered.

Ethuanasia: I don't know really anything about this.

Abortion: Abortion is 100% murder. God created each and every baby for a special purpose. That baby has a life, a soul..... check Jeremiah 1:5

Has anyone heard of this one? "Dear GOD, why don't you give us someone who can find a cure for cancer and heart disease?" If you type it in a search engine you'll most likely find out what I'm talking about.

Anyway, Jeremiah 1:5 isn't the only one with verses for life, before a baby's born.

If only abortion was stopped. u_u Maybe things would be different in this world if life was only given the chance.

God wanted to have a relationship with people! He created each and every little soul with such a loving touch. He knows so much about us and we know so little compared to Him. He holds out His hand so happily knowing a new life, a new chance, a new day and a new opurtunity awaits the world. How could we take something so precious and toss it in the trash like it was nothing? That life means something to God and yes it has a purpose. If even one life is saved that could make an eternity difference for some people. If one life could make a difference imagine if every aborted baby got atleast a chance!

What would of happened if some of the people who's really made a difference would of been aborted? Remember even if they are handicapped or something else God still has a purpose for them. Remember when you take that soul and deny it life you are not only hurting God, Jesus and the baby you are also hurting the rest of eternity (which includes you, me and everyone/everything else.)

God should always be the one to choose if someone lives or dies. I know the doc. might tell the mom she's at risk, but who's in charge of life, God or the doctor? If that mom and baby is really suppose to live than they'll live by what God thinks is best. There is noone better than God to trust your life to. Trust me, if He wants you to live, you'll defiently live! If He says it's time, than there's no sence in arguing, because remember "Father really does know best."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.