• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Christian Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manaphyman

Up all night
Wow, good luck with college an all that stuff. Things are finally starting to improve on my end, which is good too.

What version of the Bible do you have/use?
Er...ESV I persume. I don't really know what version, to be honest.

Sir Crocodile

Arcanite Reaper HO!
New Topic: What version of the Bible do you have/use?

I use the 1769 KJV.

MidnightStorm

I've always used NKJV.

Er...ESV I persume. I don't really know what version, to be honest.

Does it say which one on the front cover or on the first page? Thats usually where they have them written.

Manaphyman

Up all night
Does it say which one on the front cover or on the first page? Thats usually where they have them written.

Er...Lemme check?

*Runs and checks*

NAB, New American Bible. It's a Catholic Youth Bible, distributed to us as a Confirmation Present 2 years ago.

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
My NIV and my NLT. I love the NIV because its the best study bible I've ever had. And when I don't understand something in the NIV, I go and read the passage in my NLT. The New Living Translation is, by far, the easiest read of any translation of the bible I have ever tried.
Hey, I've kinda been gone for over like a week and a half... So can someone fill me in on what I missed while I was gone July 5-14

Da14u.C

La mort de Narcisse
Er...Lemme check?

*Runs and checks*

NAB, New American Bible. It's a Catholic Youth Bible, distributed to us as a Confirmation Present 2 years ago.
ooooh, your church gives bibles as confirmation presents too? mine did as well, the annoying thing though was they only gave us the new testament (they said it seperates us from the Jews o_O.... strange huh?)

crobatman

I have KJV, NKJV, and an NIV bible. I use the KJV mostly.

Share a Bible verse.
James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
That tells me to put your faith in action. Read the whole chapter to get it in context.

Last edited:

Manaphyman

Up all night
ooooh, your church gives bibles as confirmation presents too? mine did as well, the annoying thing though was they only gave us the new testament (they said it seperates us from the Jews o_O.... strange huh?)

Yeah, that is weird. We obviously got both testaments, and throughout the bible there are explanations and ways to relate it specifically to a teenager. It helps to be able to relate passages of my faith to my current life.

crobatman

Separates us from the Jews?! Are you positive they said that?

The old testament is just as important as the new testament, becuase it is all the Word.

Manaphyman

Up all night
I personally think the teachings of Christ, I.E. the Gospels are more important, but that is my PERSONAL opinion.

Seperates us from the Jews? Christianity is what Judsim should be, had they beleived in the Messiah.

Hello everyone! I hope you don't mind me popping in randomly, but I'd love to join your club! I'm a Roman Catholic, go to catholic school, and had my confirmation about 3 months ago. I'll admit, I have questioned the Lord, kicked him out at times when I'm angry, even thought of messing around with like ghosts and spirits (Ouija board) ...but I'm only human right? We all have doubts and temptations, and I asked for forgiveness and strength, and now that He's in my life again, I feel much better with Him to help me along my journey. ^-^

Mind if i add to the bible topic?

I have 2, one is the Catholic children's Bible. Got it for my 1st Communion and it's a really cute bible with pictures and the stories are rewritten for kids.

I also have the Good News Bible, new English version or something...it's brown and I got it in grade 4 for our bible celebration. We used it a lot in school but personally I didn't think we used them right, and the teachers didn't really care about them...mine ended up in like another classroom last year. >_>;

ArceusOwner

Catch a fallin star
I'm Baptist and they dont give us Bibles when we get Baptised
What version of the Bible do you have
its a NLV (New Living Translation)

Da14u.C

La mort de Narcisse
I personally think the teachings of Christ, I.E. the Gospels are more important, but that is my PERSONAL opinion.

Seperates us from the Jews? Christianity is what Judsim should be, had they beleived in the Messiah.
i know.... it isnt a catholic opinion, i just think it was my cathcisim teacher's opinion.... there arent many african jews, and the ones that exist are severly discriminated (thats why most of them have now become citizens of israel), and i did my cathecism in uganda so.... maybe thats why.

Manaphyman

Up all night
Right. I dont think it's a Catholic opinion either. The explanation you did made sense.

Hello everyone! I hope you don't mind me popping in randomly, but I'd love to join your club! I'm a Roman Catholic, go to catholic school, and had my confirmation about 3 months ago. I'll admit, I have questioned the Lord, kicked him out at times when I'm angry, even thought of messing around with like ghosts and spirits (Ouija board) ...but I'm only human right? We all have doubts and temptations, and I asked for forgiveness and strength, and now that He's in my life again, I feel much better with Him to help me along my journey. ^-^

Totally fine. Welcome to the club fellow Catholic! It's good that you are closer to Him and have accepted Him again, temptations are normal though. Just dont give in to them.

Pikawho?

(five15)
Welcome new person!

And I have no clue about what's going on so I'm going to keep my mouth shut on this matter so that I don't offend anyone.

*tries to think of a new topic*

Manaphyman

Up all night
And I have no clue about what's going on so I'm going to keep my mouth shut on this matter so that I don't offend anyone.
Dont worry, I'm good. Basically we're talking about Bibles, both testaments, all that jazz.

Think of a new topic, something we can really discuss! Something religious and thought envoking...I dunno. Heaven and Hell...stuff like that. I mean we've had some pretty good (non-debate) discussions before!

Pikawho?

(five15)
New Topic.

Probably my favorite worship song of all-time. You guys have probably heard it already, but still. Focus on the words.

Not much of a topic, but whatever. It'll do for now. :D This song is so beautifully written.

crobatman

Does personal opinion matter though? This would be silly to argue, but ALL of the bible is about our Christ. The Old Testament leads up to Him (through prophecies and pictures of Christ), and the New Testament reveals Him to us.

As for a new topic, let's discuss What are some "pictures" of the Christ in the Old Testament? For example, I think of the sacrifice of Isaac, who is Abraham's promised son. If you can't think of a foreshadowing like that, then find prophecy about Jesus.

@ Pikawho?, Yeah I love Chris Tomlin's music. How Great is our God is my favorite of his.

Last edited:

Pikawho?

(five15)
What are some "pictures" of the Christ in the Old Testament?

Gah. That one book in Isaiah. Isaiah 53? I'll look it up. Importantly, it has that whole section that's like, " Yet He was bruised for our transgressions, pierced for our eniquities...." Then it talked about how "He remained silent and opened not His mouth, like a sheep taken to the slaughter."

That's pretty much what I know off the top of my head so don't attack me if it's not entirely correct. BTW, it's talking about Jesus. >.>

The entire Old Testement is to show us how much they needed a savior. Time and time again, the children of God would leave Him and do whatever. And He would pull them out of the mud every time they got into trouble. So then God used the prophets to tell them about the Messiah (Jesus!!!!!!) and how He'll save them from their sins. Then, in the New Testement, the Messiah comes. (Yay!!!!!!!)

Yeah, he's got great songs. :D I like that song too.

Manaphyman

Up all night
Does personal opinion matter though? This would be silly to argue, but ALL of the bible is about our Christ. The Old Testament leads up to Him (through prophecies and pictures of Christ), and the New Testament reveals Him to us.
The Old Testament also includes many side stories and such. I think the actual life and teachings of Christ, which our entire religion is based on, are more important.

What are some "pictures" of the Christ in the Old Testament?
Basically what Pikawho? and Crobatman said. Too early to think right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.