• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Christian Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArceusOwner

Catch a fallin star
Ya we'll miss u Xtra, and I agree with everyone, u were one of the better members........

What are you going to do this school year for God? (if you go to school/college)
Try to witness as much as i can, and make more time for God, I haven't been doin well in that department........

Pikawho?

(five15)
What are you going to do this school year for God? (if you go to school/college)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I be homeschooled. :3

Memorize Psalm 119 by the end of it. I meant to do that this summer but many things came up. I'm sure that I can pull it off. And try to evangelize to someone. That's about it, really.....Maybe try to pray more often.

Pokelover33

Awesome God
Bye Xtra...we will all miss you...

Stand up for my religon more, teach people about god...

In some good/bad/new news, I'm swiching churches, they don't have a youth program, and my friend is getting baptized =^_^=

The new church I am going too is United Church Of God, as opposed to the Allince...witch I would still like too go too...

DawnRevo

Princess of Doom
Can I join? I go to a Bible church, and I was baptized when I was 13. I love to support fellow Christians online. God bless!

I go to a private Christian school, so, ummm, yeah.

Pikawho?

(five15)
Welcome new person!

Why did you say that it's opposed to the Alliance? And I'll check out that link later.

Hm.....I'll worship as much as I can, and try to volunteer? we're going to a Catholic High School so there should be lots of religious things for me to participate in! and try to teach questioners that God is there, and He's always watching/protecting us.

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
Welcome Dawnrevo, whats up.
Hey, sockyskarmie, i'm pretty sure you'll be able to join
How's everyone doing?, haven't posted in like 2 days... Don't really know what to type... I've answered the question already so... Can we get a new subject?

Shinxy

isnotamorningperson.
This is sooooo late, but can I join plz?

I've been a Christian for about 3 years...I did it when I was 4 but that was one of those too-small-to-understand things. So I did it again when I was 12.

My boyfriend is a non-Christian. He's actually an atheist. I read that you are supposed to not date non-Christians, but why? I mean, we're not going to get married. Most of the arguments I've heard is that he'll start bringing me down and if I want to spend the rest of my life with him, that would be bad if he's an atheist...anywayz...he's really great and I don't want to let him go just because of that.

I think he could become a great Christian if I invited him to youth group/a Christian concert coming up in my area soon. I know also that people say 'I can make him a Christian' and the guy only does it for the girl, but I really think he could! Rly!

lol.

So...what do I do? 'Break up with him' is something I can't really do. He's too amazing for that, and if he became a Christian it would make it that much better.

So...

kcander

I has an Idea
My boyfriend is a non-Christian. He's actually an atheist. I read that you are supposed to not date non-Christians, but why? I mean, we're not going to get married. Most of the arguments I've heard is that he'll start bringing me down and if I want to spend the rest of my life with him, that would be bad if he's an atheist...anywayz...he's really great and I don't want to let him go just because of that.

I think he could become a great Christian if I invited him to youth group/a Christian concert coming up in my area soon. I know also that people say 'I can make him a Christian' and the guy only does it for the girl, but I really think he could! Rly!

lol.

So...what do I do? 'Break up with him' is something I can't really do. He's too amazing for that, and if he became a Christian it would make it that much better.

So...

I see no problem in you dating an atheist (my option doesn't count any way). I see it as an opportunity to reach out and touch someone's life with the news of Jesus Christ.

Some tips from a guy to a girl:

Go easy, If he is stead fast in his beliefs, it will not be an easy win for you. Start out slow, and don't force him to talk about it, or force him to do things he doesn't want to do. If you do, he may become annoyed with your persistence and leave.

Even if he doesn’t open up to you right away, remember that you have planted a seed, and when the seed becomes thirsty, he will come to you. And then it will then become very important to water it with God’s word (the water of life).

Hey may not accept Jesus right away, but if he knows that Jesus is there for him when he is down and out. Then he may find Jesus on his own.

Hey may just want to spend time with you and not God. If this happens stay positive and pray that God will open a door for you to minister. If you don’t know what to say, ask God for guidance. He is and will always be there for you and your boyfriend.

Always remember: There are more than 6 billion people on earth. Just because on guy looks good doesn’t mean that he is the one. God has a plan for everyone. Chances are that out of 6 billion people, God has the one for you somewhere. It’s If you trust God with your future, everything will work out for the better if you truly believe (Romans 8:28).

I will keep you and your boyfriend in my prayers.

Last edited:

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words

I will definately try to witness more.

And on that note all I have to say is this:

I am not a parrot

For those of you who went to a Steubenville you should get the joke. For those who didn't the theme was Acts 1:8 and that is a line from the theme song. ^_^

Pikawho?

(five15)
Welcome new people.

Shinxy, there's plenty of problems with dating an athiest. Sure he may be a nice guy, but does he help you grow closer to God? Probably no. There's a Proverb that talks about being a fool if you hang with fools and being wise if you hang with the wise. He's foolish for denying God(There's scripture somewhere that states this. Not trying to make him sound like a complete moron). My advice, get rid of him. You guys can stay friends if you want, but it's probably smart not to make it more than that. Besides, you even said that you won't even get married. Why even date if you aren't going to get married? Isn't that the point of dating; to make a lasting relationship for marriage? You guys don't need to become enemies or anything, but you should definately lose the "dating" status.

Just my opinion, but that's what I believe. Do what you will, I'm only telling you what I believe God would have you do. If you've got a problem with it let me know.

BTW, I am leaving for a youth retreat tomorrow at 12:15 and won't be back until late Saturday afternoon. It's not going to be a long time, I just wanted to give you guys a heads up so that no one makes theories of my death. :3

kcander

I has an Idea
Shinxy, there's plenty of problems with dating an athiest. Sure he may be a nice guy, but does he help you grow closer to God? Probably no. There's a Proverb that talks about being a fool if you hang with fools and being wise if you hang with the wise. He's foolish for denying God(There's scripture somewhere that states this. Not trying to make him sound like a complete moron). My advice, get rid of him. You guys can stay friends if you want, but it's probably smart not to make it more than that. Besides, you even said that you won't even get married. Why even date if you aren't going to get married? Isn't that the point of dating; to make a lasting relationship for marriage? You guys don't need to become enemies or anything, but you should definately lose the "dating" status.

Just my opinion, but that's what I believe. Do what you will, I'm only telling you what I believe God would have you do. If you've got a problem with it let me know.

The problem is that you only show your opinion. Shinxy asked for help and you only give her one option.

Her boyfriend may never be a Christian, and may never admit that he was wrong. But that doesn't mean that she should give up. Jesus never gave up on me, and I was a really bad person before. By the grace and persistence of God, I am now a better person spiritually and physically.

My step dad is a Lutheran, and I do not place myself in any category. My step father has told me that I have an old- school Jewish thinking. I believe that the bible is to be taken exactly for what it says.

Basic
Instructions
Before
Leaving
Earth

We often get in arguments over religion, but we are more of less just discussing our different views. We never take personal blows, and we eventually find a stopping point and go on about our days. We still love each other. He is more of a dad than my real dad could ever hope to be.

My point is that different views can get along. If you don’t believe me do some research on Google.

This is not a personal attack, but my opinion.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
The reason Christians shouldn't marry outside of religion is because you belong to God.

What good is darkness to light? What common ground could good have with evil? Absolutely nothing.

Even if you love him, he's a child of satan, not of God. You on the other hand DO belong to God. By marrying him you would be taking in satan for a father-in-law and also be harming yourself. Your body belongs to God and when you have sex with someone, you become one. When two Christians have sex that's fine, but if a Christian and a non-believer become one?

You're allowing the devil to step into places he shouldn't be in.

Now mind you, you did say "but we're not getting married" so that does throw marriage and sex out the window...but then why date? As Pikawho? said, dating is used to find a suitable mate. If you're not dating, then just call it friendship! In fact, it's quite dangerous to call it anything else. You may say it won't lead to marriage, but how do you know? One's heart is an unpredictable thing, if you totally fall in love with this boy, you may run into a serious problem later on.

So personally? I wouldn't date. I wouldn't even call it dating. You can still be friends with him, but I'd pray over it. Make sure the Lord is with you and don't let yourself get too in over your head. We shouldn't give up on people, but you don't want to take the chance of falling away from God or doing something that displeases Him.

kcander

I has an Idea
The reason Christians shouldn't marry outside of religion is because you belong to God.

What good is darkness to light? What common ground could good have with evil? Absolutely nothing.

Even if you love him, he's a child of satan, not of God. You on the other hand DO belong to God. By marrying him you would be taking in satan for a father-in-law and also be harming yourself. Your body belongs to God and when you have sex with someone, you become one. When two Christians have sex that's fine, but if a Christian and a non-believer become one?

You're allowing the devil to step into places he shouldn't be in.

Now mind you, you did say "but we're not getting married" so that does throw marriage and sex out the window...but then why date? As Pikawho? said, dating is used to find a suitable mate. If you're not dating, then just call it friendship! In fact, it's quite dangerous to call it anything else. You may say it won't lead to marriage, but how do you know? One's heart is an unpredictable thing, if you totally fall in love with this boy, you may run into a serious problem later on.

So personally? I wouldn't date. I wouldn't even call it dating. You can still be friends with him, but I'd pray over it. Make sure the Lord is with you and don't let yourself get too in over your head. We shouldn't give up on people, but you don't want to take the chance of falling away from God or doing something that displeases Him.

No, no, no, people!?

The point of having us (Christians) around is to minister to those who are lost (non-believers).

Telling her to give up on him is wrong (IMO).

Just because an atheist doesn't accept god doesn’t mean they don't belief in them .A bunch of atheist took a polygraph test. They were asked if they believed in god. The test results showed that they all lied. There is an empty void in every man’s heart that only god can fill. The mind may deny god, but the heart does not.

EDIT:

Shinxy: If you really want to know what to do, ask God to show you what you need to do. It is the only way to know exactly what God wants you to do. If he doesn't give you an answer, go with your heart.

Last edited:

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
Shinxy, there's plenty of problems with dating an athiest. Sure he may be a nice guy, but does he help you grow closer to God? Probably no.

That isn't always true because most of my friends from school help me grow in my faith, and they aren't even close to Christian. The way they help is by causing me to stand up for my faith without anyoneto help.

There's a Proverb that talks about being a fool if you hang with fools and being wise if you hang with the wise. He's foolish for denying God(There's scripture somewhere that states this. Not trying to make him sound like a complete moron). My advice, get rid of him. You guys can stay friends if you want, but it's probably smart not to make it more than that. Besides, you even said that you won't even get married. Why even date if you aren't going to get married? Isn't that the point of dating; to make a lasting relationship for marriage? You guys don't need to become enemies or anything, but you should definately lose the "dating" status.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
2 Corinthians 6:14-15 talks a bit about that.

You really shouldn't date a non-Christian. It may seem harmless at first, but they really can bring you down without you knowing.

Try to lead him to Christ first.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
The point of having us (Christians) around is to minister to those who are lost (non-believers).

Telling her to give up on him is wrong (IMO).
Um, with all due respect...I quote myself.

"You can still be friends with him, but I'd pray over it.Make sure the Lord is with you and don't let yourself get too in over your head. We shouldn't give up on people, but you don't want to take the chance of falling away from God or doing something that displeases Him."

I NEVER said to give up on him. Please read my whole post next time. All I said was that she should switch to friendship and pray over it. Incase she's not spiritually strong enough, or God doesn't want her to do this, it might turn outbad.

Just because an atheist doesn't accept god doesn’t mean they don't belief in them .A bunch of atheist took a polygraph test. They were asked if they believed in god. The test results showed that they all lied. There is an empty void in every man’s heart that only god can fill. The mind may deny god, but the heart does not.
So?

While what you say is true, does that mean satan is ok to make friends with? The devil knows God exists as well, but he hates Him. Atheists may believe deep down, but they've chosen to deny and hate Him. That's just as bad. Again, that doesn't mean to ignore them since they do need help, but you shouldn't get involved romantically. It specifically says in the Bible not to marry non-believers.

kcander

I has an Idea
So?

While what you say is true, does that mean satan is ok to make friends with? The devil knows God exists as well, but he hates Him. Atheists may believe deep down, but they've chosen to deny and hate Him. That's just as bad. Again, that doesn't mean to ignore them since they do need help, but you shouldn't get involved romantically. It specifically says in the Bible not to marry non-believers.

In no way is satan okay to make friends with. However; there are some atheist who probably can not be reached with out making them friends first. Not to mention that you are not making friends with satan, you are making friends with god's children who in most cases have never had the opportunity to talk to someone about god.

New Topic:

Should Evolution be taken out of school?

(This is not a debate, I simply want your opinion. If you want to debate Creation vs. Evolution, kcander would be more than happy to do so in the debate forum.)

I believe that it should be. I believe that if evolution were to be taken out of the school and we were to teach to the children how they were created with love and percussion by god, that just about every crime rate would plummet.

Status
Not open for further replies.