• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Christian Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Should Evolution be taken out of school?
Definitely. Evolution has so many holes and errors with it...to treat it as a fact is just wrong. Like even in the Bible, if you can't trust someone with something small, how can you trust them with something big? And it's extremely true when you take into account how many other things people are taught in school that aren't true and whatnot.

I think it should be, if they're teaching it in elementary schools, quite possibly younger children are getting some hints of it (if it isn't taught in their grade), and that too, could steer them away from our Creation story, or God altogether. plus...i honestly don't understand evolution. i question it so much because there are so many unanswered questions for me that i can only believe God gave us these features and stuff. plus i stated once that we were taught some evolution theories at a Catholic School? i honestly think we did more of that than actually talking about God/praying. our religion classes always turned into a debate on aspects of evolution and how global warming isn't real and such. :/ eh, i feel my post is all choppy, i'm tired, so don't blame me. :c

Pikawho?

(five15)
To other discussion: I never said that she should give up on him. I said to drop the "dating" status. She can still reach out to him and everything, but taking it to a different level can be dangerous.

Yes. Pretty much what everyone else said. It has many holes in its theories and can be shot down with evidence and whatnot. And if they don't take it out of schools, they should at least teach Creationism(or whatever it's called) along side of it.

I be leaving now. So good luck everyone. Shigeru, try not to die on me. :p

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
In no way is satan okay to make friends with. However; there are some atheist who probably can not be reached with out making them friends first. Not to mention that you are not making friends with satan, you are making friends with god's children who in most cases have never had the opportunity to talk to someone about god.

She didn't mean you can't be friends them, she was just using it as an example to prove her point about dating them.

Yes and no. I'd rather not have to learn about it, but it seems okay so long as it's treated as theory (as it is here).

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
Yes. But the only problem with taking it out is then they have nothing to teach. Personally, I want evolution out of schools, but realistically they just can't. Sadly, they won't teach evolution, or anything else for that matter because evolution is the only thing "accepted" by science. So yes, they should take evolution out of schools. (my theory, they shouldn't teach evolution unless they are willing to each other theories also.)

Shinxy

isnotamorningperson.
*head explodes* So...many...answers.

I have taken it to God already and I'm waiting for an answer. I prayed three or four days ago, and he hasn't gotten back to me. However, he (Tyler, my BF, not God lol) came over (like he does every day) to my house after school and we were talking while I did homework. I go to a Christian school, so we have like Christian math and everything. And the uniforms. Ugh. Anyway. He was reading my American Christian Literature book. And asking questions about God.

The point is, my heart ("The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked...who can know it?" =P) is telling me he will come around. It is telling me to stay with him because there could be something awesome waiting. My mom doesn't really mind that he's an atheist. His little brother is a Christian and we are both working on him. I think his mother is a Christian too.

Also, atheists are not "children of Satan". That would be Satanists. If I didn't believe in God, Heaven, or Hell, how could I believe in a Satan? Not believing in God does not make you a child of Satan...unless you are a Satanist.

Sorry for bringing the topic back up, but I needed opinions and stuffz.

And I already said I'm not going to marry him...most likely. You never do know. And I know a heckuva lot of people who date and don't marry. You're not going to find the one the first time, unless you're really lucky. So dating would be pointless then. Some people believe that though.

I for one like dating and this is the first boyfriend I've had. I know I'm going to stay a Christian (not that I can un-become one, according to my church) and hopefully not get dragged down (I'm not the kind of person who does that).

So...(again).

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Also, atheists are not "children of Satan". That would be Satanists. If I didn't believe in God, Heaven, or Hell, how could I believe in a Satan? Not believing in God does not make you a child of Satan...unless you are a Satanist.
You misunderstand.

If you are a Christian, you are God's child.

If you are not a Christian (whether it be an atheist or a non-believer), the devil is the one behind you. Yes may say "but he doesn't even believe the devil exists", but that doesn't matter. You and I know satan is there. There are only two forces in this world, God and the devil--good and evil. If you're not with God, you're against Him. There's really nothing else to it...

And I already said I'm not going to marry him...most likely. You never do know. And I know a heckuva lot of people who date and don't marry. You're not going to find the one the first time, unless you're really lucky. So dating would be pointless then. Some people believe that though.

I for one like dating and this is the first boyfriend I've had. I know I'm going to stay a Christian (not that I can un-become one, according to my church) and hopefully not get dragged down (I'm not the kind of person who does that).

So...(again).
What you do is your own choice, we can't stop you. But again, there is no point to dating if nothing is going to come out of it. All you're doing is building a bond that will eventually get broken and leave you in tears. Sure you may stay friends, but any romantic love that was there is gonna hurt you in the end because you aren't going to be married to him. I mean, you even admitted yourself, you may fall in love. That can be really problematic if you don't want to marry him...

I'm not saying this to make you angry or hurt you, I'm saying it for your own safety...for now it almost sounds like it's just "called" dating which I don't get...I've seen a lot of people do that just for the heck of it, but in reality they're just friends. If that's the case, again, I don't see problems with being his friend and helping him, just make sure you pray to stay strong. Make sure to be aware incase God starts sending you signs. I'm not saying signs like "oh, don't be his friend", I mean...any sign. Maybe to warn you about bringing up a certain subject or anything, yanno?

nintendofreakgcn

Seeker of the truth
Shinxy: While romantic advice is not my strong suit, I can relate one example I know quite well. My mother is a Catholic, and my father is an atheist or agnostic (I don't know for sure which one he'd fall into, and since it's not really any of my business, I have to date refrained from asking him). They've been married for quite a long time now (I think about 35 years, but I could be wrong), and they seem happy in that aspect of their lives. A difference in religion is much like many other differences in romantic relationships - it is an obstacle, but it's one that can be overcome, if both parties are willing to do so.

Alternatively, if you want me to sound a bit cliched:

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely."

Kudos if you know which movie I'm quoting.

Just because an atheist doesn't accept god doesn’t mean they don't belief in them .A bunch of atheist took a polygraph test. They were asked if they believed in god. The test results showed that they all lied.

Citation needed.

Well, since you have said this isn't to be a debate, its purpose is rather limited, but for what it's worth, I'll state my opinion:

Evolution shouldn't be taught in primary/elementary school, because it's too advanced. A proper study of evolution really requires at least a basic knowledge of genetics, in my opinion (certainly, that's how it was taught in my high school - a Catholic one, by the way - and I don't recall anyone having a problem with it, even the less able students), and that is way beyond primary school standards. It would be like trying to teach quantum mechanics in high school - sure, you could probably get a concept or two across (again, this happened in my high school), but it would be rather pointless.

In high school, evolution should be fully on the table in any biology course. Of course, no student should have to take biology (I believe making they should learn some branch of science, but they should be given a choice), so this would avoid the vast majority of justification for this to be deemed controversial.

Now, if you'll excuse me, after reading some other replies to this topic, I must take my leave before I perform a headdesk of such epic proportions that it would make Manfred von Karma's efforts look tame by comparison.

Ethan

Banned
Should evolution be taken out of school?

I don't really see the reason why. Anyone can come up with holes with a theory if they think hard enough. Evolution isn't supposed to be like the laws of physics or principle such as inertia. It's a theory that supposedly has a lot evidence backing it up, so they teach it. I mean, I don't think scientists make stuff up stuff for fun to teach in schools. Do I trust what every scientist has said? Ofcourse not. Do I trust what every scientist says a long with years of scientific study behind it? Most likely. The whole reason why most Christians want evolution removed is because they believe it contradicts with Genesis. Even then, that's only with their assumption that their interpretation is correct. Ultimately evolution is something you don't have to accept. Just know the material so can at least pass biology. I mean, if teachers were forced by the government to quit teaching something just because a select group of people were opposed to it, we would never learn anything.

If anyone asks, yes, I am a Christian.

ArceusOwner

Catch a fallin star
I dont think so, after all its just a theory....... and even if we wanted it to be taken out they wouldn't untill proven wrong....

Pikawho?

(five15)
I'm back. The retreat was awesome. I feel much closer to God. He met me in so many ways. The last night I was literally in tears as I sang the songs. I've never woshipped Him so passionately before.

Anyways, it appears that we haven't gotten very far since I left. Shinxy, ask your bf why he is (wants to be) an athiest. I'm interested to see how he would respond. You don't have to if you don't want to. I just couldn't think of anything else that I wanted to add.

I'll come up with a topic soon.

Briankelly130

Hi how do you join i mean do you just post that you want to or do you have to something more

About evolution, i honestly don't mind if it is taught but as long as they will take creationism into account too so it's not biased towards one or the other

May I properly join this thread? I'm a theist, leaning towards Christianity. It's been like this since around June/early July; so, for quite a while. I've discussed it over lenghty PMs with Shigeru, so I'm guessing she is the only one who knows about this. I asked her if I could be on the members list, but I don't think she ever responsed...XD But I am on the member's list, now...so yeah. XD

Should evolution be taken out of school?
No, it shouldn't. It's a widely believed scientific theory. It would be so backwards to deny people knowledge and information. My opinion is basically Babylon's.

I believe that it should be. I believe that if evolution were to be taken out of the school and we were to teach to the children how they were created with love and percussion by god, that just about every crime rate would plummet.
Um, yeah - just no. That is so illogical and impossible on so many levels.

To the girl dating an Atheist: Just keeping dating him. If there's no real problem with the relationship, just keep on going.

Definitely. Evolution has so many holes and errors with it...to treat it as a fact is just wrong. Like even in the Bible, if you can't trust someone with something small, how can you trust them with something big? And it's extremely true when you take into account how many other things people are taught in school that aren't true and whatnot.
What other things do we learn that aren't "true"?

About evolution, i honestly don't mind if it is taught but as long as they will take creationism into account too so it's not biased towards one or the other
Evolution is not biased. It does not have anything to do with a god or existing or not. It is not out to prove or disprove any religious matter.

Last edited:

Shinxy

isnotamorningperson.
To the girl dating an Atheist:

Oh, that's all I am now? 'The Girl Dating An Atheist'? lol. jk.

Let's try writing in colors now ^^

briankelly--There's a little thing called 'first-post rules'. Read them, they'll tell you how to join.

Pikawho?--It's called a 'camp high'. We all get them, and some of them last longer than others. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I've felt like that too and it wears off, sadly. T-T Then again, you might be different than me.

No...really? lol.

Shinxy

isnotamorningperson.
To the girl dating an Atheist:

Oh, that's all I am now? 'The Girl Dating An Atheist'? lol. jk.

Let's try writing in colors now ^^

briankelly--There's a little thing called 'first-post rules'. Read them, they'll tell you how to join.

Pikawho?--It's called a 'camp high'. We all get them, and some of them last longer than others. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I've felt like that too and it wears off, sadly. T-T Then again, you might be different than me.

No...really? lol.

Should evolution be banned in schools?

No way! How else are we going to learn how to fight against it? Well, not fight exactly, but stand up for our beliefs? You have to know what you're trying to combat. If we don't know about it, someone can throw us a curveball really easily.

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
Pikawho?--It's called a 'camp high'. We all get them
Truer words have never been spoken. I hope you are better than me when it comes to things like camp, Pikawho?.
On another note, I sart school tomorrow (sarcastic yeah) I don't know about the rest of the US, but Texas schools start back tomorrow so I'm just praying for a good, safe year and that I can grow closer to God, even if its just a little bit

Pikawho?

(five15)
It wasn't a camp, though.....>.>

And yeah, I've had it the last 3 retreats I went to. It does wear off, unfortunately. I'm trying to prevent it this time, though. I've completely commited my life to Christ now and have changed some things so that I can fully glorify Him.

Briankelly, you're in. Answer any of the topics that you want.

Carlisle, it's up to Shigeru if you can (re)join. I'm glad to hear that God has been working in your heart.

[aka]

I'd like to suggest a topic if I could (I joined a while ago but haven't posted here much since)
What is your opinions on gays/lesbians?

Personally I say that everyone has our sins...and (one of) theirs is their lifestyle.
And I really see no reason to treat them any differently from anyone else. I mean some people lie, some people take things, some people are gay, but no matter what it is, everyone sins. It's human nature (unfortunately). And that's not an excuse. It's a reason...we've all been born into sin ever since Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden.
So...that's my opinion (sorry if I got a bit side-tracked >.>).

EDIT: P.S. I originally joined as "Castar"
EDIT: Yes I read the first post and I'm not trying to start an argument, just curious about people's opinions

Last edited:

Pikawho?

(five15)
What is your opinions on gays/lesbians?

See the first post. :p

It's a love the sinner hate the sin situation. If the person does not claim to be a Christian I won't bother them as much(if at all) about it. If they claim to be a Christian I'd press them to change their life-style. I'd tell them it's a sin. If they deny that and say, "That's the way I was born. Should I really go against what I was born to be?" I'd respond saying, "who cares. It's still a sin. It says so in the Bible." If they still continue to argue I'll use the verse that Crobatman wisely brought up the last time we debated on this: "No servant can serve 2 masters. He will either love one or hate the other...." I'll find the reference and maybe even the correct wording, but that's pretty much what the verse says. You can't serve God if you are gay(cause you're serving your own desires).

I don't want to start a debate. We have stuff in the first post on this stuff. But that's my opinion. Again, I'd only attack them if they claim to be a Christian. If they don't claim to be a christian, then I won't go up to them and tell them that what they are doing is wrong. However, since we need to evangelize to everyone, I'd eventually preach the gospel to them in a way that doesn't make them think that I hate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.